Back In The Game?

Linus

Balsillie's camp has suggested they would move to Hamilton mid-season if they could... Moving mid-season happened in the WHA a few times, not sure if the Hornets situation (New Orleans - Oklahoma City) counts - probably not

The Hornets "move" was announced prior to the start of the season. I don't think it has happened in the "Big 4" since the NFL's 1952 Dallas Texans fiasco (they ended up in Akron, Ohio at the end)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't happen because it's logistically nightmarish, along with being completely utterly farcical. I don't know which would look worse: the Coyotes moving mid-season, or the Coyotes playing out the string in front of ever-dwindling crowds until April and then moving.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It doesn't happen because it's logistically nightmarish, along with being completely utterly farcical. I don't know which would look worse: the Coyotes moving mid-season, or the Coyotes playing out the string in front of ever-dwindling crowds until April and then moving.

I say for the ultimate in farce, take your second scenario (more likely), and add in the franchise's first-ever playoff series victory.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They won a first round or two in Winnipeg, I think, in addition to Avco Cups, so the franchise itself has managed, just not in Phoenix. That would be funny, though. I wonder what would've happened if the Jets pulled off a Finals run in '96.

So to that I say game on MUTHA:censored:AS.

YOu might as well not mention it anymore because folks are NOT going to listen to that.

Thanks for the advice, but I believe that I will continue to determine the content of my posts, regardless of whether or not other folks might be inclined to read them or not.

People always complain about Brian in Boston but he's really just a puppet for the Board of Governors. :)

thecatch.jpg

Brian in Boston isn't posting on this matter unilaterally. ALL of the moderating team are involved in the decision-making process as well. As such, your question should be: "Can you imagine the mod team's reaction to that?!?!"

The fixation with Brian in Boston is almost laughable. He's the "boogeyman" for some of you. :P

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Brian in Boston isn't posting on this matter unilaterally. ALL of the moderating team are involved in the decision-making process as well. As such, your question should be: "Can you imagine the mod team's reaction to that?!?!"

The fixation with Brian in Boston is almost laughable. He's the "boogeyman" for some of you. :P

You might as well not even say it because most folks aren't gonna listen to that. :P

Thanks for the advice, but I believe that I will continue to determine the content of my in-thread parody, regardless of whether or not other folks might be inclined to read them or not.

Oh, man, :censored: just got meta.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Keeping in mind that this is the preseason, here's some pictures from the Ducks-Coyotes game, courtesy Yahoo! Sports:

Ducks at Coyotes

There's still an unusual amount of empty seats there, isn't there? I checked pics of the Dallas-Tampa Bay game, and there seems to be a lot more in Texas.

Hopefully some sensible solution will come to fruition with the Phoenix situation.

Looking at preseason attendance figures is a dishonest way of guaging whether the city supports the team or not. With the economy the way it is, how many folks are willing to spend money to a game that doesn't count?

The Georgia Dome was maybe 40% full at their last preseason game...does that mean Atlanta doesn't care about the Falcons? (For the record...the first game was sold out, as is tomorrow's game as well.)

Looking at preseason attendance figures is a dishonest way of guaging whether the city supports the team or not. With the economy the way it is, how many folks are willing to spend money to a game that doesn't count?

The Georgia Dome was maybe 40% full at their last preseason game...does that mean Atlanta doesn't care about the Falcons? (For the record...the first game was sold out, as is tomorrow's game as well.)

I'm not going to judge if Atlanta cares about the Falcons, because I just don't know, but in most NFL cities, the preseason is sold-out (or nearly sold out) just because season ticket holders are forced to buy 10 games rather than 8. Even if many of those ticket holders give their seats away, many stadiums are still full (or nearly full.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Take this with a grain of salt because it's coming from Larry Brooks, but in today's Slap Shots, there's this snippet:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/players_deserve_answers_for_union_dGnBwtrsG3jm4hlsp0EbOM

The Coyotes, we're told by an interested party, have received deposits on 1,800 season tickets and full payment on exactly, um well, on exactly none for the coming season. Gary Bettman's check must be lost in the mail.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I'm not going to judge if Atlanta cares about the Falcons, because I just don't know, but in most NFL cities, the preseason is sold-out (or nearly sold out) just because season ticket holders are forced to buy 10 games rather than 8. Even if many of those ticket holders give their seats away, many stadiums are still full (or nearly full.)

I was in the building for said game. It was a Thursday night game, neither teams' starters were allegedly playing....I doubt non-STH ticket sales were high.

Archived