Back In The Game?

Linus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NHL would take the cake as the most inept league ever if they moved the Pens to the Western Conference.

More inept than MLB who had the Braves in the NL West?

Or the NFL that had the Atlanta Falcons and Carolina Panthers in the NFC West and the Arizona Cardinals in the NFC East

I saw, I came, I left.

TSN has a live court blog from today's hearing: Live Court Blog.

Last comment is very interesting: Baum mentions the possibility that neither the NHL or PSE would win the auction, with the chance that no sale goes through.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

The Dallas Cowboys are still in the NFC East, while Detroit is in the Central and St. Louis is in the West.

The Coyotes do not "belong" in Hamilton.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Or the NFL that had the Atlanta Falcons and Carolina Panthers in the NFC West and the Arizona Cardinals in the NFC East

The NFL is different though in that teams don't have roadtrips. It's fly, play game, fly home. You're not hopping city to city...

Sometimes if you have two road games across the country they may stay a week, but that's not the norm.

In the other 3 sports, you have multiple cities on any given trip.

And remember, some examples such as Arizona or Dallas in the East stems from the fact that they were there when they were in other cities (St. Louis) or have such strong rivalries with the other teams in the division that they wouldn't change it (Dallas).

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Judge Baum seems really down to earth:

Lawyer William Baldiga represents the City of Glendale. He says while it's unfortunate that Reinsdorf and Ice Edgeare out of the picture, the city backs the NHL over Balsillie. Baum reminds him that the league will likely move the team if they win.

I guess he doesn't like bull :censored:.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Judge Baum seems really down to earth:

Lawyer William Baldiga represents the City of Glendale. He says while it's unfortunate that Reinsdorf and Ice Edgeare out of the picture, the city backs the NHL over Balsillie. Baum reminds him that the league will likely move the team if they win.

I guess he doesn't like bull :censored:.

...to Kansas City of course...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Please get this over with and put the Coyotes where they belong in Hamilton.

Coyotes belong in Phoenix.

Jets belong in Winnipeg.

The Minor Leagues belong in Hamilton.

Balsillie belongs in a hole in the ground to never be heard of again.

I saw this comment on TSN.ca:

"Checked the AZCentral Newspaper this morning. No mention of the auction on the homepage. But, you can read 2 stories on high school football."

I thought that those words pretty much summed it up.

But yet it is on the front cover of the sports section in the Arizona Republic? Yeah we don't care rock.gif

"Checked the AZCentral Newspaper this morning. No mention of the auction on the homepage. But, you can read 2 stories on high school football."

So, if there's no headline story about the Senators on the Ottawa Citizen, you're not dedicated to the Sens?

As of this minute (3:43pm Arizona), http://www.ottawacitizen.com/, according to the website, ALL Ottawa citizens care more about the sale of the Montreal Canadiens than the Ottawa Senators. THEN they care about a woman dying who hunted ghosts.

The citizens of Ottawa should be ashamed.

But yet it is on the front cover of the sports section in the Arizona Republic? Yeah we don't care rock.gif

Allright, I retract my statement.

thecatch.jpg

The NHL would take the cake as the most inept league ever if they moved the Pens to the Western Conference.

More inept than MLB who had the Braves in the NL West?

It only sounds strange because the conference is named "Western". If they did away with the geographic thing, it would be fine.

Setting aside the geography thing for a second, shifting the Pens West would dramatically decrease the appearances of Crosby et al. in such important, nay vital East Coast markets as Toronto, New York, Philadelphia, Montreal, and Boston. I seem to recall this was one of the reasons to keep the old 32 intra-division game schedule.

Please get this over with and put the Coyotes where they belong in Hamilton.

I'm sorry, when did that franchise play in Hamilton? <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Dallas Cowboys are still in the NFC East, while Detroit is in the Central and St. Louis is in the West.

Psst...NORTH. The Lions are in the North now. :D

Now, the Indianapolis Colts being in the AFC South...that'd have been a better example.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Now, the Indianapolis Colts being in the AFC South...that'd have been a better example.

Actually it isn't.

/You've never been in Central and Southern Indiana have you?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Actually it isn't.

/You've never been in Central and Southern Indiana have you?

Actually I have...Camp Atterbury, to be exact, bout 90-some minutes south of Indianapolis. So I know what you're getting at with that. ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived