Back In The Game?

Linus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this comment on TSN.ca:

"Checked the AZCentral Newspaper this morning. No mention of the auction on the homepage. But, you can read 2 stories on high school football."

I thought that those words pretty much summed it up.

But yet it is on the front cover of the sports section in the Arizona Republic? Yeah we don't care rock.gif

This story has also been covered mostly by their Business section since it went to the courts. Their two representatives in the courtroom is a women who covers the Glendale area and a Montreal-born business reporter/TV anchor.

The NHL would take the cake as the most inept league ever if they moved the Pens to the Western Conference.

You know, as a business decision, that wouldn't be so bad. Fans of Western Conference teams complain of an east coast bias when it comes to teams being on national television....this could open up some TV opportunities for Versus or whomever, seeing Crosby play on the west coast time as well as an east coast game. It'd certainly be a golden opportunity for more doubleheaders and seeing west coast teams play on national TV more.

The NHL would take the cake as the most inept league ever if they moved the Pens to the Western Conference.

More inept than MLB who had the Braves in the NL West?

Or the NFL that had the Atlanta Falcons and Carolina Panthers in the NFC West and the Arizona Cardinals in the NFC East

Or that time when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers played in the AFC West....

Maybe he's go on a bold tour of the onyx courtroom facility. Or he'll cash in his pearls to flip the team.

....and that's all the Blackberry puns I've got.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Dallas Cowboys are still in the NFC East, while Detroit is in the Central and St. Louis is in the West.

The Coyotes do not "belong" in Hamilton.

Psst...NORTH. The Lions are in the North now. :D

Now, the Indianapolis Colts being in the AFC South...that'd have been a better example.

Aww, crap. That's embarassing.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

You know, as a business decision, that wouldn't be so bad. Fans of Western Conference teams complain of an east coast bias when it comes to teams being on national television....this could open up some TV opportunities for Versus or whomever, seeing Crosby play on the west coast time as well as an east coast game. It'd certainly be a golden opportunity for more doubleheaders and seeing west coast teams play on national TV more.

Or the NFL that had the Atlanta Falcons and Carolina Panthers in the NFC West and the Arizona Cardinals in the NFC East

Tampa Bay was in the AFC West for one season, their first and they didn't play a normal NFL schedule it was set-up so the Bucs and Seahawks would play every NFL team in their first two seasons.

Not having Crosby play as many games in the NYC area as possible, killing off the blood rivalry with the Flyers(Bud putting the Buccos in the NL Central killed off the great Pirates/Phillies rivalry), and having a team that is located in PENNSYLVANIA play in the same Conference as teams from LA and Vancouver and in a division with teams from Chicago & St. Louis is just flat out stupid. NBC isn't going to shift its Sunday games to 4 or 5 pm eastern if Crosby is playing at the Sharks or Kings.

Tampa Bay was in the AFC West for one season, their first and they didn't play a normal NFL schedule it was set-up so the Bucs and Seahawks would play every NFL team in their first two seasons.

Not having Crosby play as many games in the NYC area as possible, killing off the blood rivalry with the Flyers(Bud putting the Buccos in the NL Central killed off the great Pirates/Phillies rivalry), and having a team that is located in PENNSYLVANIA play in the same Conference as teams from LA and Vancouver and in a division with teams from Chicago & St. Louis is just flat out stupid. NBC isn't going to shift its Sunday games to 4 or 5 pm eastern if Crosby is playing at the Sharks or Kings.

Anyone from Philadelphia can correct me if they disagree with me here, but I've spent considerable time in Pittsburgh (college and post-college), and from my perspective, the Pittsburgh / Philadelphia rivalry is primarily only a rivalry in Pittsburgh. Kind of like a whole "David / Goliath" thing... which I guess makes it similar to Philadelphia's rivalry with NY. The Pirates weren't missed in the NL East, and not many blinked when the Penguins were moved out of the Patrick / Atlantic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Anyone from Philadelphia can correct me if they disagree with me here, but I've spent considerable time in Pittsburgh (college and post-college), and from my perspective, the Pittsburgh / Philadelphia rivalry is primarily only a rivalry in Pittsburgh. Kind of like a whole "David / Goliath" thing... which I guess makes it similar to Philadelphia's rivalry with NY. The Pirates weren't missed in the NL East, and not many blinked when the Penguins were moved out of the Patrick / Atlantic.

Well I went to Penn State and I can concur with that. It seems that (especially with football) that Pittsburgh fans are super obsessed with Philadelphia while the Eagle fans couldn't give two craps about the Steelers. Which is especially odd considering they play each other literally once every 4 years. Yeah...big rivalry there.

It's like all these people that hate the Jets/Giants. We play twice a decade. There's no rivalry. Just shut up everyone.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Well I went to Penn State and I can concur with that. It seems that (especially with football) that Pittsburgh fans are super obsessed with Philadelphia while the Eagle fans couldn't give two craps about the Steelers. Which is especially odd considering they play each other literally once every 4 years. Yeah...big rivalry there.

It's like all these people that hate the Jets/Giants. We play twice a decade. There's no rivalry. Just shut up everyone.

Just in general, a lot of people in Pittsburgh have an inborn hatred for anything Philadelphia, while most in Philadelphia couldn't tell you where Pittsburgh is on the map. That's honestly not to sound disrespectful, it's just the way it is. I'm not sure if it's just an inferiority complex since Philadelphia is the much larger city from a population / economic perspective or what. Before anyone get's all up in arms, it's the same way in pretty much any state where one city dominates the socioeconomic landscape. Hey - I'll go on the record and say that there's a bit of an inferiority complex between Philadelphia and NYC, so I'm not knocking Pittsburgh (though I'm sure everyone will get all defensive and read it as such.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Steelers and Eagles never had any type of rivalry, the Pirates and Phillies had a great rivalry during the late 70's/early 80's when both had great teams and the crowd in Philly seems to be into the Pens/Flyers rivalry.

Well we probably won't see a decision for about a week or so, but the auction is closed. The City of Glendale and the biggest creditors support the NHL's bid. Signs seem to point towards an NHL victory.

Good news for fans in Phoenix... Kansas City Coyotes here we come!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Well we probably won't see a decision for about a week or so, but the auction is closed. The City of Glendale and the biggest creditors support the NHL's bid. Signs seem to point towards an NHL victory.

Good news for fans in Phoenix... Kansas City Coyotes here we come!

It'd be cool if they renamed them the Scouts.

thecatch.jpg

Archived