ACC Jersey Rules

I really like this rule change. As long as both teams agree to it, there is no reason they shouldn't be able to both wear color. This is assuming that teams use common sense when making these requests and we don't end up with any black/navy or red/orange matchups.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Finally, some common sense when it comes to college football and uniforms. The NCAA has had a slew of rules on this in the past, but you wouldn't think it would be too hard for two schools to get together on their own, put it down on paper what jerseys to wear and show up wearing said jerseys.

Wasn't there another conference that did this? I'm trying to remember, but I know the ACC isn't the first conference to enact this.
I'll bet you it was the Pac-10, to allow USC v UCLA.

They still had to do the gentlemen's agreement to do it, though. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pac 10's already enacted this as a rule.

F*** yeah, this is great. And sorry Billy, I really want to see a BC/Clemson color matchup. that would be awesome.

I don't think that would be as bad, BC has darker jerseys. But if you get red and orange it could be unwatchable. I can't find any pictures anymore, but in a basketball game in 2005, Illinois wore orange at home against Wisconsin wearing red and it was almost impossible to tell the teams apart.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

F*** yeah, this is great. And sorry Billy, I really want to see a BC/Clemson color matchup. that would be awesome.

I don't think that would be as bad, BC has darker jerseys. But if you get red and orange it could be unwatchable. I can't find any pictures anymore, but in a basketball game in 2005, Illinois wore orange at home against Wisconsin wearing red and it was almost impossible to tell the teams apart.

2004-02-18-inside-wisconsin.jpg

While this could make for some good color matchups, I hope they don't overdo it. UNC could easily wear Carolina blue against any ACC team except Duke and maybe Virginia, but I don't think they should. The white jersey/light blue pants is my favorite of our uniform combos.

I read that little blurb, and one other thing really stood out to me...

Less than 7 men on the line of scrimmage would no longer be an "illegal formation" penalty. Trying to get that A-11 formation a reality again?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Call me old school, but I don't like this rule.

I'm certainly not old school (at least from an aesthetics perspective) but I don't like this rule either. The games will look like two low-budget pop warner teams that can only afford one jersey playing each other. There's a certain classiness to the color vs. white match up. I wouldn't mind if gold was considered white though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Call me old school, but I don't like this rule.

If you were truly old school, you'd be applauding this rule. Visitors in white is supposedly a relic of the black and white TV era. Prior to that, both teams wore colors, but because the two colors were often indistinguishable in black and white, the white jersey rule was introduced.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

If you were truly old school, you'd be applauding this rule. Visitors in white is supposedly a relic of the black and white TV era. Prior to that, both teams wore colors, but because the two colors were often indistinguishable in black and white, the white jersey rule was introduced.

All you have to do is look at old newsreel footage of football to prove this. I believe Notre Dame's green jerseys are the result of the fact that Navy (wearing navy) and Notre Dame (wearing navy blue) were indistinguishable.

I'm all for this, particularly if it eliminates the putrid all-white look. Just in the Big Ten, Michigan-Ohio State, Michigan-Michigan State, Iowa-Minnesota, Illinois-Northwestern (with Illinois' orange jerseys) and Indiana-Purdue are natural for this. Maybe not Wisconsin-Minnesota.

Packers-2.png

Is this an ACC-only rule, or is this an NCAA rule? (Odd that, to use another example, the ACC would have one tackle box rule and everyone else would have something different.)

It's an NCAA rule - I was discussing this on another board, and it seems like there's some confusion with the article. The rules changes discussed aren't just for the ACC, but for the whole NCAA FBS.

harperdc.gif

Archived