2009 MLB All Star Jerseys (BP)

soxkrazy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A guy that works here at Hammons Field claims to have seen them, but I haven't yet. I have to send an e-mail to the Retail Director at Busch Stadium anyway and I may ask her about them.

The other guy says the National League is Red with Light Blue inserts on the side and around the collar. Sounds interesting, but I want to wait for comfirmation or until I see them to be sure. And the American League is Navy with Red, as I expected.

Going back if memory serves me correctly, these were the color combos for BP jerseys:

2008 - navy and gray (New York)

2007 - black and orange (San Fran)

2006 - black and gold (Pittsburgh)

2005 - navy and orange (Detroit)

2004 - white and black (Houston)

2003 - white and black (Chicago)

2002 - navy and gold (Milwaukee)

2001 - navy and green? (Seattle)

2000 - navy and red (Atlanta)

1999 - navy and red (Boston)

Navy blue has been a pretty popular color over the past 10 years. Wonder what we'll see in Anaheim next season. Red should be a given, but the other color should be interesting.

i would like to see the players actually wear american and national league unis during the game and wear thier team hats instead of everyon in thier teams unis.

They tried that in Chicago in 2003, and the Players' Union voted it down. Messing with tradition? Kind of, I think!

i would like to see the players actually wear american and national league unis during the game and wear thier team hats instead of everyon in thier teams unis.

They tried that in Chicago in 2003, and the Players' Union voted it down. Messing with tradition? Kind of, I think!

yea, i know its tradition, but i always think all star teams should wear respective uniforms to who theyre representing, when everyone is in thier own unis its like "hey, im the best from my team" but when they have" national" or "american" across the front its saying "im the best of the league in this position i got voted in here" idn, i just see it in my head like that and i shouldnt mess with tradition. am i the only one who also likes the all star game determining home field advantage in the world series? i like how it gives meaning to the game because honestly if it had no meaning i probally woulndt watch it, espcially last years, now that was an intense game. the only thing i dont like is the american league keeps winning it lol

Mets, Jets, Islanders

I know what the wordmarks look like. MLB.com already posted them, but you would had to look hard:

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?prod...&cp=3198658

Yes, the Arch is prominently involved, as is the Cardinals' yellow bat.

(Sorry, cannot save to Photobucket.)

Love the wordmarks.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I don't remember them doing this at all. I recall the teams wearing their normal unis.

I know what the wordmarks look like. MLB.com already posted them, but you would had to look hard:

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?prod...&cp=3198658

Yes, the Arch is prominently involved, as is the Cardinals' yellow bat.

(Sorry, cannot save to Photobucket.)

Those are sweet. As a Nats fan, I've been waiting for years to have an NL All-Star jersey as good as what they wore in Milwaukee, and this might finally be it. (Because it says "National," I figure I can wear it as a sort of nonstandard Nationals jersey, see. This sort of thing makes sense to me. But I digress.) The only problem is that that "American" script is even awesomer, so choosing might be hard.

20082614447.png

Oops, I forgot to add this. I love visiting St. Louis -- a Mizzou alum -- and I love the Arch. Not too sure about that thing, though. I'm guessing that's the sidewalk art for this year?

Yessir, kind of like the Statues of Liberty all around New York City last year. What will they have in Anaheim next year? Mouse ears? Big Halo As?

Cards.png

The other guy says the National League is Red with Light Blue inserts on the side and around the collar. Sounds interesting, but I want to wait for comfirmation or until I see them to be sure. And the American League is Navy with Red, as I expected.

This is going to mess with my head for the entire All-Star Break.

Going back if memory serves me correctly, these were the color combos for BP jerseys:

1998 in Denver had green jerseys for one of the leagues, and if I remember right purple for the other. I can't find any pictures right now, but I remember the green jerseys because I always thought that that was a cool look for the Rockies. You know, if the team ever decides to wear any other colors besides white, black, and more black.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Archived