What the defunct?!? -- UPDATED 7/1

Shumway

I got to thinkin'...we don't see enough minor league concepts on here. So, I'm taking it upon myself to do some. However, I'm not gonna be doing just any ol' team. I'll be taking on former/defunct minor league baseball teams and revamping and updating their identities. I'm going to try to give each team a new set of logos, although in some instances, I won't be changing much at all. As far as uniforms, I'm gonna focus on caps and jerseys...hopefully three of each.

First up is the Albuquerque Dukes, one of my favorite MiLB identities ever. I thought about taking my fantasy baseball logo(seen here) and reworking it slightly, but I opted against it. I didn't want to stray away from the old logo too much, so I did some minor changes, nothing really groundbreaking. Each uniform has "Dukes" since Albuquerque's just a bit of a long word to try to fit on the front of a jersey. I did change the colors slightly...darker red, a bit less bright of a yellow, but I kept it essentially the same. As always, hit me with some c&c.

Albu_Dukes.png

As far as the series goes, I will be doing more. I've got the Beaumont Bullfrogs more than likely up next, but if you've got a request/idea, let me know. I'm going to try to get at least one done per week, but I'm not gonna promise anything.

Really like this, there's no faults really. I'd like to see an alternate/cap logo monogram though. The feather on his head could use a highlight as well, maybe make a white little swoosh between the top and middle feather bumps, to give it a little sense of depth.

Can't wait for the rest.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• 4 weeks later...

Well, with some delay, I present the second set in the series....the Beaumont Bullfrogs. It's tough to come across the Bullfrogs' logos, but here's a crappy version of the old primary:

LafayetteBayouBullfrogsBnnr.GIF

(sorry, Chris....I had to link Logoserver :D )

I always liked the logo as a kid, so this was the concept that really sparked the idea for this series, which I still plan on moving forward with. As for my version of the Bullfrogs' logo, I wanted to keep the cartoon nature, as well as the color pallette (vaguely). I don't have a whole lot to explain, I don't think. The top part of the "B" in the script was to vaguely resemble a frog's tongue, but I didn't want to go as far as to add something to it (i.e. being caught).

Bullfrogs_Logos.png

As for the uniforms...I kept them relatively simple, as usual. Again, not much to say or explain.

Bullfrogs_Unis.png

C&C and requests appreciated. I'm not entirely sure what team I'll do next...maybe the Potomac Cannons.

I love the colors (HUGE improvement), and the logo is fantastic--it has that perfect minor league baseball feel to it. Scripts and uniforms are also nice. All around good job on the Bullfrogs.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived