NCAA Football top 25 redesign by chestnutz

chestnutz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UCLA has those? Damn, had no idea.

Haha, I completely forgot to use that cuff pattern TBH. I was really bored tonight and did the whole concept tonight, and it completely left my head because I had come up with a new idea. Oh well...

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Well, it's not exactly the same, but the multi-colored shoulder inserts immediately remind me of them, probably because of "UCLA Stripes", as they've come to be known. And I really think a lot of Trojans fans would see something that looks too much like their cross city rivals.

If it was a concept for a non-Pac 10 school, I think it would work great, though.

I hate the Trojans with every single nerve, bone, and sinew in my body, but this is a pretty good concept. The one thing that sticks out to me is that the shoulder stripes have two colors, whereas the numbers only have one. I'd add like an outline (no drop shadow) to the numbers so the two elements match. Or if you'd like, do the same 3-D treatment you did to the wordmark on the numbers, but make it red on the red jersey and white on the white one.

galaxy.png

Alright, since y'all want the damn Trojan pattern so much :P

-Added an outline to the numbers, because once I got rid of the shoulder stripes there was no white on the jerseys

-Made helmet logo smaller

-Used the "Trojan pattern" as a sleeve stripe. I think it's really unique and could be used for USC very well, and I like how it turned out. An extended version of the pattern can be seen in the background of the concept.

-Got rid of the smaller white stripe in the pants, now its just one thick red one.

Trojans-unis-2.png

Hope ya like!

And for Texas, I've got a pretty radical idea in my head that traditionalists won't like. Think Vikings, Philly Eagles, and Rams.

spacer.png

much better.

i think the home uniform would look better without the white outline around the numbers. or outline the cuff pattern in white to match the numbers.

i'd still make the logo smaller. the view from the back shows how big it is.

make the trojans wordmark on the front flat instead of arched.

Sanchez,%20Mark%20asu%2008%20ko(1).JPG

If there was one way to improve USC, you've done it. This looks very good, but I agree with an above post that you should lose the outline on the numbers. Even with no white on the homes, they'll still look good. And I'm looking forward to what you will do with the more traditional teams you mentioned.

And for Texas, I've got a pretty radical idea in my head that traditionalists won't like. Think Vikings, Philly Eagles, and Rams.

I think I know what you're going to do, and I can't wait. Colt McCoy's going to grow some horns.

BTW, the "Trojan pattern" would look great on the pants, IMO.

Numero cuatro, the Texas Longhorns.

Cappital got my hint, and Colt McCoy will indeed be rockin' them horns on his helmet. I'll get to that in a bit.

LOGOS

-I kept the hook 'em primary logo. It's too classic to change. Contemplated adding silver, but decided this whole set would look best if it were just two-colors, because burnt orange is such a unique color (BTW, I didn't use their exact pantone. I made my own burnt orange).

-New secondary, pretty simple. Just the state outline with a T in the middle from the wordmark.

-Just one wordmark. Again, contemplated a silver drop shadow, but went for simplicity here. Just a western style font similar to what the T is now.

-I included a different view of the helmet in the logo sheet (mainly because there's no tertiary) to give a different view on how it'd look at an angle.

UNIFORMS

-The helmet is one of my favorites I've ever made. I think the horns on the longhorn have huge potential for a helmet, and I decided to make it very unique instead of just a white, stripeless helmet with a logo on it.

-Double stripe on the jerseys and pants, similar to what they have now.

-Longhorn on chest and pants.

Longhorns-logos.png

Longhorns-unis.png

spacer.png

Looks great, but the only thing I don't like is the T looks like the Vols T. I think they wear a Texas logo sticker on their helmet, maybe look at that.

I actually like the look of the helmet, and i'm looking forward to the next concept.

Exactly my thought when I saw the T, but thats not too big of a deal, because the whole concept is just awesome, by far my favorite so far so great job. The only way you can improve it I think is if you change the T back, and I like the 'Texas' Script across the Chest like they have now, but I like the Hook 'Em Horn Logo there too. Great Job once again!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Awesome concept, I wish I could put this in NCAA 10. Like others, I'm not a fan of the new T or font, I think it'd be better with the regular block letters Texas uses now. Secondly, I prefer the "TEXAS" script on the jerseys to the logo. Did you consider making the pant striping horn-like, a la their old basketball shorts? Anyways, it's great.

hookembuckyvi4.jpg

I love everything about this kit except for having a logo in front as opposed to a wordmark. The logo kinda makes it look more like a style jersey as opposed to a legit one. The horn's on the helmet are a great touch and I think they add a very memorable element to everything. Oh, by the way, good call not using silver!

Update 1

-Darkened the orange. I noticed it came out more washed out and lighter than I wanted it.

-Changed the font for wordmark and on secondary logo.

-Put wordmark on front of jersey.

Hopefully all flaws are accounted for.

Longhorns-logos-1.png

Longhorns-unis-1.png

I decided to skip #5 Oklahoma for now. I really don't know what to do with them to improve it. I don't really know what to do for a logo (and I suck at drawing horses, so that's out the table), and their uniforms are great as is. There just isn't really much I can do to them. I'll probably come back to them when I have inspiration.

I have #6 Alabama done, I'll probably post it in a bit. It's nothing groundbreaking or crazy, but I think they're pretty good looking and different.

spacer.png

Ok I'm gonna go ahead and post 'Bama.

LOGOS

-Kept the same basic set they have now, with the elephant they use now

-Edited the colors in them, getting rid of black completely and using strictly maroon and gray

-Used an old "A" cursive logo I found in the vectors I had that I liked more than the one they use more often. Added a gray stroke.

-Same wordmarks they have now, only without the subscript treatment.

UNIFORMS

-Same helmet, to classic to change

-Used the horsetooth on the collar and on the cuffs, adding some spice to their uniforms.

-Cursive "A" on the sleeve

Tide-logos.png

Tide-unis.png

spacer.png

Update 1

-Darkened the orange. I noticed it came out more washed out and lighter than I wanted it.

-Changed the font for wordmark and on secondary logo.

-Put wordmark on front of jersey.

Hopefully all flaws are accounted for.

Longhorns-logos-1.png

Longhorns-unis-1.png

I decided to skip #5 Oklahoma for now. I really don't know what to do with them to improve it. I don't really know what to do for a logo (and I suck at drawing horses, so that's out the table), and their uniforms are great as is. There just isn't really much I can do to them. I'll probably come back to them when I have inspiration.

I have #6 Alabama done, I'll probably post it in a bit. It's nothing groundbreaking or crazy, but I think they're pretty good looking and different.

I like the helmet but there's something wrong with the Longhorn logo - not yours, the university's - and it never occurred to me until I saw your helmet design. It looks more like motorcycle handlebars than horns. You need a rearview mirror though. :D

On a real steer the horns are obviously pointed at the end. Texas' longhorn has rounded horns for whatever reason.

Pointed:

HamiltonTxNearTexasLongHorn102004BarclayGibson.jpg

Rounded:

texas-longhorns-logo.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

It's not horsetooth, it's houndstooth, and it doesn't look like what you've got there. It's generally a tessellating pattern, not just crosshatched lines. On top of that, Bear Bryant didn't even wear a houndstooth-patterned hat. He wore a hat with a simple gingham plaid pattern.

NSAPNL6_LARGE.JPG

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived