Quad City Mallards Logo

fufkin

Honestly, I loved everything that I saw on that site, at least from a cursory glance. Maturing the brand without going too GRR OMG EXTREME!...yet keeping it light with the Quack to the Future. Win. Class. And a solid franchise/city.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Honestly, I loved everything that I saw on that site, at least from a cursory glance. Maturing the brand without going too GRR OMG EXTREME!...yet keeping it light with the Quack to the Future. Win. Class. And a solid franchise/city.

I take it you hadn't seen the Flames' off ice performance.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Can you have a "Quack To The Future" when neither the Ducks or Quad Cities has ever been a part of the IHL (bastard son or original).

Like getting nostalgic about NBA basketball in Oklahoma City prior to 2008.

The original Mallards were in the CoHL/UHL before the AHL Flames came to town. In a way, this is returning to their roots.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Can you have a "Quack To The Future" when neither the Ducks or Quad Cities has ever been a part of the IHL (bastard son or original).

Actually... it's still the UHL... IHL is just a dba...

uhl-ihl.jpg

At first glance I like these, although subbing teal/light blue for maroon might not go over well. Depends on how the unis look I suppose. Always liked their maroon/green/yellow scheme.

I also was a fan of their original logo, but I know not everyone here was. The second logo was appropriately minor league cartoon-style -- nice, but not my favorite. When they brought back the original and added the Centennial Bridge to it, it seemed a bit forced and busy.

So it seems like this might be a good mix between the two early logos. The Mallard head reminds me of the first logo, but works in a set like the cartoon versions did. I prefer the circle to the triangle versions, but overall it looks like it could work nicely. Interested to see more.

EDIT: Found the Mallards' most recent (2007) jerseys in an old post:

Alt%20Auth%20Home.jpg

Alt%20Auth%20Road.jpg

Versions of the first two home and road jerseys are at a site called gameworns.com: UHL page

Mallards24ROSENBLATTroadfrontG.jpg

Mallards17BAIRDhomefrontG.jpg

Mallards10MEYERShomefrontG.jpg

Mallards25LAWRENCEroadfrontG.jpg

Again, many of those are from a site called gameworns.com. I'll remove if need be.

Of course, the sheriff jerseys and other bad one-offs got more attention around here.

Photo of 2009 logo:

a4849c8c-65f9-11de-af3d-001cc4c03286.image.jpg

Actually... it's still the UHL... IHL is just a dba...

uhl-ihl.jpg

Well then, thanks for that.

So is it an educated guess or a confirmation that Ian Bakar (AAO) did these? If so, very exciting for him.

Ahem... to be honest, I'm quite offended. :P

MallardsPrimaryScript.png

This is all I can post for now... you guys will definitely get a full insider as soon as I can.

Honestly, the style between your Mallards logo GFB and Ians work is unreal. What makes it look liek they are the same style is the thick lined animal floating above or slightly behind a heavily stylized wordmark. There usually isn't much connect between the wordmark and the animal. It is creepy how close the styles are.

So is it an educated guess or a confirmation that Ian Bakar (AAO) did these? If so, very exciting for him.

This is all I can post for now... you guys will definitely get full insider as soon as I can.

:winner:

Awesome work Matt!

This is all I can post for now... you guys will definitely get a full insider as soon as I can.

Congrats, Matt. I still think it's a bit overdone, but it looks good.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Congrats, GFB! Always cool when someone here designs what hits the ice/field/court. As I said above I liked it at first glance, and the more I've looked at it today -- and it's been more than I care to admit -- the more I like it. I said how much I like the original (despite the fact some of that could be sentimental), but I really like the way the Mallard turned out in these. The duck looks like he could be the professional, realistic evolution of the original.

Still love the full circle one, too. Can't wait to see the unis. Not a huge hockey fan, but I own an original cap and road jersey. Might have to replace them now.

Congrats, Matt.

Hopefully this'll lead to bigger and better things for you in this field. Some people pine for opportunities like this *points @ self*...good on you, kid. Keep it up!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived