Quad City Mallards Logo

fufkin

I will point out this is version two of the website. Version one had a link titled "charaties".

And whoever thought up "fun-raisers" needs to have their sports business and marketing degree fed to the nearest shredder.

The third one in the top row and the middle one in the bottom row are the best two.

Nice to have another team join the "I"HL, even though as a Flint Generals fan, I considered the Quad City Mallards to be pure evil. :bonk:

This is the best logo set the Mallards have had. Granted, that's not saying a whole hell of a lot, but still, there it is.

There are a lot of positives and negatives here. The bottom center and bottom right logos are my favorites in the set. If I were designing the uniforms, I'd put the bottom center logo as the front crest, with the bottom right on the shoulders. That wordmark, however, is pretty rough, especially the "A"s. It's as if they can't decide whether they're upper-case with a slash through them, or lower-case with the bottoms missing. And the full-body mallard without the circle to frame it seems to be lacking. And if one wants to nitpick, yes, there appears to be too much detail in the mallard's head, and the shield behind the head would probably be better served with straight lines, rather than curved ones. In both cases, a less-is-more approach may have been in order.

There is great potential here, and I eagerly await the release of the jersey. If it's a winner, this could mark the first and only support I may give to any aspect of the Fake IHL.

Archived