Quad City Mallards Logo

fufkin

The Quad City Mallards has been revived as an expansion team in the IHL.

Mallard's Website

Duckhunt.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I will point out this is version two of the website. Version one had a link titled "charaties".

And whoever thought up "fun-raisers" needs to have their sports business and marketing degree fed to the nearest shredder.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The third one in the top row and the middle one in the bottom row are the best two.

Nice to have another team join the "I"HL, even though as a Flint Generals fan, I considered the Quad City Mallards to be pure evil. :bonk:

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

What those logos say to me is "Grr...I'm a duck! Gonna eatcha!"

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

This is the best logo set the Mallards have had. Granted, that's not saying a whole hell of a lot, but still, there it is.

There are a lot of positives and negatives here. The bottom center and bottom right logos are my favorites in the set. If I were designing the uniforms, I'd put the bottom center logo as the front crest, with the bottom right on the shoulders. That wordmark, however, is pretty rough, especially the "A"s. It's as if they can't decide whether they're upper-case with a slash through them, or lower-case with the bottoms missing. And the full-body mallard without the circle to frame it seems to be lacking. And if one wants to nitpick, yes, there appears to be too much detail in the mallard's head, and the shield behind the head would probably be better served with straight lines, rather than curved ones. In both cases, a less-is-more approach may have been in order.

There is great potential here, and I eagerly await the release of the jersey. If it's a winner, this could mark the first and only support I may give to any aspect of the Fake IHL.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived