2010 MLB ASG logo

RETROJR79

Looking at a report online, face values of the ticket prices for the game this year in St. Louis were $100 to $360; and prices for the Home Run hitting contest were $75 to $355.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The prices for the all star game in St.Louis were fairly resonable compared to last year in New York I think the fact it was in a smaller city as well as the country being in a recession had something to do with it. The cheapest ticket strip which included a all star game program, fanfest tickets, all star sunday tickets the workout day & home run derby & all star game tickets were $250 for standing room only if you got there when the gates first opened you got your moneys worth but if you got there late you had to view from the upper decks of the stadium but the view was not bad at all.

Since I was able to go to the game this year I have become a huge fan of not just the all star game but the whole weekend itself. I have started a blog that goes into detail about the All-Star Weekend and i've added details as I get them about the 2010 game in Anaheim feel free to take a look & let me know what you guys think

All Star Game Blog

Thanks.

That's simple and hot. About the only thing I don't particularly care for on first glance is the "2010" font; the 1 looks very out of place.

The double-halo feels like the start of an infinite regression.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

well, here is the official 2010 All-Star Logo... sorry that its on a hat, but thats the best way i could find it...pMLB2-6479366dt.jpg

I like it. Perfectly balanced and not too busy. It also does a great job catching both the actual All-Star feel along with the Angels feel without overloading on one or the other. A lot of outlines, but they don't distract too much. Overall, they did a great job with it IMO.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Exactly what I expected for the most part (minus a halo on the A's in All, Star or Game)

There aren't any real defining features to put on a ASG logo for the Angels. Maybe the rock pile in center field or the big hats out front.

Kinda disappointed that they didn't incorporate the specific Big A aspect of it, but it will suffice.

But overall it's very kinda meh. Doesn't exactly jump off the page, but satisfies the need I guess.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Nothing spectacular, but I guess it'll do the trick. I don't really thing the cap logo is necessary.

I think it's just on that hat.

On the ad with just the logo it says MLB

If I were improving this...

I would arch the script. I'd put the halo on the A in the script. I'd remove the cap logo A (there's always a version that says MLB and a version with some identifier of the team/location). I'd replace that with Anaheim or Los Angeles, whatever they'd like to go with. If Anaheim, I'd put the old Anaheim script there.

It's just solid. Even with my suggestions it'd still just be solid. It's pretty obvious. Which isn't bad, just no bonus points.

What bugs me is the reverse MLB logo why couldn't they just use the straight Blue first then Red I don't think people have noticed the difference.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

What bugs me is the reverse MLB logo why couldn't they just use the straight Blue first then Red I don't think people have noticed the difference.

I saw that.

I guess the Angels wanted to continue to emphasize the red as they did in the rest of the logo.

idk. I think that part is unnecessary. The normal MLB logo would have sufficed.

From the Angels site:

CMb8axRZ.jpg

Angels unveil 2010 All-Star Game logo

Celebration begins with festive ceremony; Selig 'thrilled'

After 21 years, the All-Star Game is returning to Angel Stadium next summer. The Angels, the City of Anaheim and Major League Baseball began the celebration on Thursday by unveiling the official logo of the 2010 All-Star Game, which will be played on July 13.

The logo, which is a red star with an Angels halo above it, was officially unveiled in a news conference attended by MLB president and chief operating officer Bob DuPuy, Angels owner Arte Moreno, Angels president Dennis Kuhl, Angels manager Mike Scioscia, Angels general manager Tony Reagins and Anaheim mayor Curtis Pringle.

"On behalf of Commissioner Bud Selig and Major League Baseball, I can't tell you how excited we are to have the All-Star Game here at beautiful Angel Stadium," DuPuy said. "This is truly bringing one of our jewel events to one of our jewel franchises."

Selig, who was not present at the news conference, released a statement about the Angels hosting the 2010 All-Star Game.

"Major League Baseball is pleased that the 2010 All-Star Game will be hosted by the Angels, one of the model franchises of our sport," Selig said. "The enduring success of the Angels under Arte Moreno on and off the field is remarkable. I am thrilled that the 2010 All-Star Game will spotlight a club that embodies Major League Baseball's commitment to providing affordable, family entertainment."

Angels 2009 All-Stars Torii Hunter, Brian Fuentes and Chone Figgins were also joined at the ceremony by former Angels All-Stars, including Chuck Finley, Bobby Grich, Doug DeCinces and Clyde Wright.

"On behalf of the players, we're excited about hosting the game in 2010," Hunter said. "People from all over the country are going to see how warm our fans, our organization and our city are. We have great baseball here in Anaheim, and we have great fans."

The All-Star Game will be making its way to the Los Angeles area for the fourth time since the Dodgers moved from Brooklyn in 1958.

The Angels, who came to the American League as an expansion team in 1961, last hosted the All-Star Game in 1989 and also hosted the game in 1967 as well.

In 1989, Bo Jackson and Wade Boggs hit back-to-back homers to lead the AL to a 5-3 win over the National League, with Jackson taking home the Most Valuable Player trophy. The NL won the 1967 game, 2-1, behind a 15th-inning home run by Tony Perez in the longest game in All-Star history to that point.

But this marks the first time the game will be hosted under Moreno's ownership and the first time it will be held at Angel Stadium since it underwent renovations in 1997.

Scioscia, who was named to two All-Star Games during his career and also managed the winning squad in the 2003 Midsummer Classic, was especially looking forward to hosting the All-Star Game at Angel Stadium.

"I can't tell you how excited as an organization we are, not only over the last 10 years bringing the Angels' history to a rightful place, we're excited about being on the stage in the jewel of the summer," Scioscia said. "I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to manage that game, but we'll see how this year plays out."

LINK

I'm disappointed in it. It's very generic and average. There's nothing spectacular or even classy about it. What it looks like to me is something you'd see out of EA Sports for an All Star Game that was in the future. It has that generic blah feel to it. There has to be something cool and unique that they could've done, this is lazy and predictable. Heck, I'm pretty sure that PatSox or Spammy could do something better than this.

Archived