Quad City Mallards jerseys

Geoff

Those all look fantastic! I love the color combo, there is definitely not enough green in hockey!

The green helmet with the black alternate irks me, hopefully that was just for the concept, although I do get the symbolism, green helmet = green head of duck, but it's not the right green.

I will definitely consider buying one of these.

c2ecb524-7256-11de-a4dd-001cc4c03286.image.jpg

My first reaction was "Whoa! Lime green!" But hey, why not? I like the logo. I like that there is a jersey using the duck from the circle logo. Like when the River Bandits switched to the Swing, they needed a jolt. And as they showed, you can always go back.

The photo above made it look like navy to me, the mockups posted here look like black, except for the last one which looks like dark green. (EDIT: I see now it is black. Reading is fundamental.) Had it been double green, I would say I love it. As it is, I still like it a lot. Someone said there was one two many colors used in the logo thread. I tend to agree seeing them all on the jerseys, but I still think it's great. Bold, for sure.

And GhettoFarmBoy from these boards designed these, I believe. More here

It appears that the black jersey has a wordmark-less version of the duck head logo on the shoulder. Why couldn't they have used that on the main jerseys? So damned close to being full-on awesome, but they have to take the lazy route and slap the team name across there. It's a jersey crest, it shouldn't need a name.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It appears that the black jersey has a wordmark-less version of the duck head logo on the shoulder. Why couldn't they have used that on the main jerseys? So damned close to being full-on awesome, but they have to take the lazy route and slap the team name across there. It's a jersey crest, it shouldn't need a name.

Zactly. This is a prime example of a wordmark just not working on a hockey jersey for me. I love the black third, and the shoulder-patch wordless mallard head would look terrific on the primaries. There's just something about wordmark-with-graphics on a hockey jersey that looks to me like a sponsor's logo on a rec league jersey rather than like a professional team. I'd call these a C or C-minus uniform set that's a single tweak from being an A-minus.

20082614447.png

I'm just not feeling any of these. It's my opinion that the two weakest logos in the set got used for the front crests. And if you're wearing an incredibly bold color like lime green (which I am a fan of, BTW), I feel you need some sort of striping or contrasting color block to break it up a bit. By just using the click-and-fill routine on one of the earlier Edge templates, that opportunity was shot. As for the black alternate jersey - put the circle around the Mallard, and I'd like it. Without the circle, something about that duck just looks way off. Oh, and are those logos all sublimated? Sure looks like it from the girl in the green jersey.

I will say that the jerseys, with the bright green and orange next to each other, reminded me of this (and I mean that in a good way):

jer-ams.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

c2ecb524-7256-11de-a4dd-001cc4c03286.image.jpg

My first reaction was "Whoa! Lime green!" But hey, why not? I like the logo. I like that there is a jersey using the duck from the circle logo. Like when the River Bandits switched to the Swing, they needed a jolt. And as they showed, you can always go back.

The photo above made it look like navy to me, the mockups posted here look like black, except for the last one which looks like dark green. (EDIT: I see now it is black. Reading is fundamental.) Had it been double green, I would say I love it. As it is, I still like it a lot. Someone said there was one two many colors used in the logo thread. I tend to agree seeing them all on the jerseys, but I still think it's great. Bold, for sure.

It's supposed to be...

I'm just not feeling any of these. It's my opinion that the two weakest logos in the set got used for the front crests. And if you're wearing an incredibly bold color like lime green (which I am a fan of, BTW), I feel you need some sort of striping or contrasting color block to break it up a bit. By just using the click-and-fill routine on one of the earlier Edge templates, that opportunity was shot. As for the black alternate jersey - put the circle around the Mallard, and I'd like it. Without the circle, something about that duck just looks way off. Oh, and are those logos all sublimated? Sure looks like it from the girl in the green jersey.

I will say that the jerseys, with the bright green and orange next to each other, reminded me of this (and I mean that in a good way):

jer-ams.jpg

1st... I agree completely with what you are saying, but just for the record, those are their picks. Not mine.

2nd... That's no click and fill template. In fact, I've may have used it before... :P

The green helmet with the black alternate irks me, hopefully that was just for the concept, although I do get the symbolism, green helmet = green head of duck, but it's not the right green.

My vision for the helmets was to have something similar to the Oregon Ducks helmets from a few years ago, with the dark green/with lime green flaking. If you see the preview pictures, you'll see that in the illustrations...

And they put the wrong Alternate Uniform preview (note the dark pants)... I've already e-mailed the team about it.

I'll try to get around later to answer some questions and post some higher-res stuff. If you have a question, feel free to leave it... I'll try to answer it as best I can.

~Matt

GFB, are you saying "supposed to be" in the designer's vision way? Because the dark green would have been very nice. I would order that alt today. Still getting something next time I'm back home.

Although I like the alt logo in the circle, having it contradicts the "don't need the team name" there. But it's minor league hockey, I tend to expect that wordmark to be there on the home and roads.

More than most unveilings, I think I can see where the designer was headed, and where the marketing/front office people stepped in, and you seem to be confirming that.

Are those jerseys sublimated (that's the right word, isn't it?)

Yeah, these sweaters were a socially useful product of GhettoFarmBoy's Oedipal tension.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived