2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

I wish there was some feature where I could only ignore will in certain threads...because wow. Sometimes he wows me with his statistical prowess, then he posts in this thread and it all goes to hell.

In other news, Alabama just missed a PAT. WTF is going on with college football today?

It's raining and snowing in Atlanta. Well, that might have worked when the SEC title game was at Fulton-County Stadium, but not now.

It's been sunny all day.

Dagmar lied about that rain/snow crap....damn her.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you're :censored:ing bat :censored: crazy. I don't know why this fires me up because it's not about me, but Infrared has never said anything that would paint him an Ohio State homer. He's a fan, not a homer and a fan believe it or not actually roots for their team to do well. As far as OSU fans go, he's pretty realistic about the team and has not said anything about OSU being in the NCG in the last two months. Second, when in the last two months has any Ohio State fan clamored for the Buckeyes being in the NCG? Never. We understand that they don't deserve it.

First off, thanks for defending me like that. It's really cool of you to back up what anyone who isn't a :censored:-ing lunatic already knows to be true about me. However, there is one correction I need to make. In the last two months I did in fact mention Ohio State being in the NCG. I said there was no way they were getting there this year. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Goodnight Cincinnati. So will Pitt go the Orange Bowl to play the Clemson/G-Tech winner or to the Sugar to play the Florida/Alabama loser.

I know it won't happen but a Penn State-Pitt Fiesta Bowl would be sweet. JoPa would be forced to play Pitt.

This thing ain't over yet. Dave Wannstedt is involved. That alone should give Bearcats fans plenty of hope.

So if this holds, all we need is Texas to lose to Nebraska to see a Florida-Alabama rematch in the final. I just can't see a 12-0 TCU team passing a 12-1 Bama or Florida team. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it, but I don't think it will happen. Reputation matters, remember.

You're wrong. If Nebraska beats Texas I guarantee that TCU will be in the title game if for no other reason than a world where one of your asinine ideas actually comes to fruition simply cannot exist. It would be the equivalent of waking up tomorrow and finding out 2+2 = a bowling ball.

And I'm still waiting for that post to prove your allegation that I am an Ohio State homer. :P

You don't expect TCU to suddenly drop in the Coaches poll this week? Coaches will protect their own.

No I don't but it's mostly because I'm not bat-:censored::censored:-ing crazy like you are.

BB52Big.jpg

I wish there was some feature where I could only ignore will in certain threads...because wow. Sometimes he wows me with his statistical prowess, then he posts in this thread and it all goes to hell.

In other news, Alabama just missed a PAT. WTF is going on with college football today?

It's raining and snowing in Atlanta. Well, that might have worked when the SEC title game was at Legion Field, but not now.

It's been sunny all day.

I was just about to say, it's damn near freezing but it didn't snow. I'm sure you'll forgive will for the mistake and Dagmar for being a lying ass weatherwoman with the best sweater in the world.

It's raining and snowing in Atlanta. Well, that might have worked when the SEC title game was at Legion Field, but not now.
It's been sunny all day.

I was just about to say, it's damn near freezing but it didn't snow. I'm sure you'll forgive will for the mistake and Dagmar for being a lying ass weatherwoman with the best sweater in the world.
Er, who's Dagmar?

LvZYtbZ.png

It's been sunny all day.

Er, who's Dagmar?

I think they're making reference to a local weather person in Atlanta.

BB52Big.jpg

It's been sunny all day.

Er, who's Dagmar?

lowb.389756.jpg

Since one pic just won't cut it.

And I guess to stay on topic, how 'bout them Bearcats? What a comeback.

She gave me a few eggs a few weeks ago....she's forgiven.

This time.

Does Cincy or TCU get any love if Texas ends up losing or will we see Alabama vs. Florida if the loser ends up keeping the game close which this game looks like it will be.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Does Cincy or TCU get any love if Texas ends up losing or will we see Alabama vs. Florida if the loser ends up keeping the game close which this game looks like it will be.

I'll save you the trouble of backtracking to catch up on that very conversation...

Here's the answer that most any rational person will give you: If Texas loses then it's TCU. It's that simple. 2006 showed us that keeping it close but losing doesn't get you a rematch. The BCS is feeling way too much heat to screw TCU in favor of a rematch.

Here's the answer that the village idiot of The CCSLC NCAA Football Thread will give you: If Texas loses it's going to be an SEC rematch. It may be a rematch no matter what happens.

That about covers it.

BB52Big.jpg

Dr. Pepper halftime competition:

Male Florida fan: I'm going 10 for 10!

And then loses 9-8 to a female Alabama fan who had a consistent throw!

Classic!

She was methodical and she took him apart. Classic indeed.

Lundquist and Danielson were so in to it which is sad in a way. I at least would have thought Tracy Wolfson would do the commentating for it.

Anyways after looking through past posts if anyone doesn't think that Cincinnati deserves a shot at either Bama/Florida for the National Title if Texas loses is sadly mistaken. That offense is amazing and one game out of the whole year the defense didn't play what there capable of (At least in the first half) and to think that it would be a cakewalk for Bama or Florida again is very wrong.

Go Huskers!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'll save you the trouble of backtracking to catch up on that very conversation...

Here's the answer that most any rational person will give you: If Texas loses then it's TCU. It's that simple. 2006 showed us that keeping it close but losing doesn't get you a rematch. The BCS is feeling way too much heat to screw TCU in favor of a rematch.

Here's the answer that the village idiot of The CCSLC NCAA Football Thread will give you: If Texas loses it's going to be an SEC rematch. It may be a rematch no matter what happens.

That about covers it.

TCU will probably get passed by Cincinnati in the final rankings. If Clemson loses to Georgia Tech, that will work against TCU's strength-of-schedule, seeing as how Cincinnati defeated a ranked Pitt team.

TCU came into this week leading .8663 to .8522 over Cincinnati, and Cincy already has the lead in the computer polls over TCU.

NEW.ERA.PANDA brought up a great point. Now that I think about it there is absolutely no way we'll see a rematch. Cincinnati went undefeated and they won a BCS conference. If Texas loses then it should be Cincinnati. As I said earlier in this thread, either The Big East is a BCS conference or it isn't. If it is then a Texas loss should mean Cincinnati is guaranteed a title game bid. If Cincinnati doesn't get the bid if Texas loses then the next move by The BCS should be to take away The Big East's automatic BCS bid. In any case, we won't be seeing an SEC rematch if Texas loses.

EDIT: And I was typing this while Hedley posted another great point. If Texas loses then it has to be Cincinnati.

BB52Big.jpg

Classic!

I wasn't suprised....all kids growing up in Alabama are taught to throw the football around.

Classic!

I wasn't suprised....all kids growing up in Alabama are taught to throw the football around.

She said some teacher taught her how to throw after she found out she was in the contest.

BB52Big.jpg

Urban looked really concerned after the play before the TD as they showed in slomo. I think that he cannot "chase points" down 13, but Joe Kines has a great scheme for them this year. We may see smash mouth/milk the clock for the rest of the game for the Tide.

Is it me or has it been one wacky day of football.

You have Cincinnati-Pitt go down to the wire with a botched extra point being the deciding factor. I know that field was slippery and what not, but that's no excuse for botching the extra point.

Fresno State-Illinois went down to the wire with Fresno getting the win on a two point conversion that was tipped by an Illinois defender into the hands of a big ol' Fresno State offensive lineman who rumbled his way in for the 53-52 win.

East Carolina wins Conference USA despite Case Keenum throwing for 527 yards and 5 TD's. I'd feel sorry for whoever draws Houston in a bowl game, cause when Keenum is on fire, he's like The Juggernaut: Unstoppable!

Right now, Alabama is proving everyone that picked the Crimson Tide were right about them. I know it's in the 3rd Quarter, but you got to think that if Texas falters, Alabama might be (and I stress might be) a double digit favorite over either TCU or Cincinnati in the National Championship Game in Pasadena.

Archived