2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a game!!

I can't imagine the feeling of the Nebraska players and coaches thinking you won the game and then finding out there is one second left on the clock, then losing.

Will any of the other undefeated teams jump a head of Texas because they didn't dominate this game?

What a game!!

I can't imagine the feeling of the Nebraska players and coaches thinking you won the game and then finding out there is one second left on the clock, then losing.

Will any of the other undefeated teams jump a head of Texas because they didn't dominate this game?

No because Texas is the big name. If it was the other way around though the voters would punish.

So it looks like the at-larges now are going to include TCU, Florida, and either Iowa or Penn State.

I think it's a legitimate question to say "Does Boise State get in?" Virginia Tech has the name recognition that could translate to a big payday.

LvZYtbZ.png

So it looks like the at-larges now are going to include TCU, Florida, and either Iowa or Penn State.

I think it's a legitimate question to say "Does Boise State get in?" Virginia Tech has the name recognition that could translate to a big payday.

Why would VA Tech make it in? Just drop that thought. Boise would make it before them. Then after Boise, you have Oregon State, Iowa, AND Penn State.

Penn State wouldn't make it, because of the 2 teams per conference rule.

Yeah but they don't travel well. Personally, I don't think Iowa or Penn State deserve BCS bids but now that the title game is settled it comes down to business. Penn State puts people in the seats. Boise State doesn't. It's entirely possible that it's going to be just like last year with Ohio State and The Fiesta Bowl, a Big Ten team may get a BCS bid it does not deserve.

Some other observations from a great day in College Football...

1. WTF was Colt McCoy thinking on the play before the field goal?

2. This one goes back to Pitt - Cincinnati, why would Pitt call a play action pass on the last play of the game? Oh that's right, Dave Wannstedt is their coach. Never mind.

3. I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask this but, if you're in the stadium watching Boise State play a home game, can you see them? I would think it would be tough to follow what's going on with the team in all blue uniforms playing on a blue field.

4. Texas is way overrated. If they struggled like that with Nebraska's defense then Alabama is going to kill them.

BB52Big.jpg

Why would VA Tech make it in? Just drop that thought. Boise would make it before them. Then after Boise, you have Oregon State, Iowa, AND Penn State.

Are you sure about that?

No more than two teams from any one conference may receive berths in BCS games unless two non-champions from a BCS conference finish as the top two teams in the final BCS standings in which case they will meet in the National Title Game while their conference champion will play in their conference's BCS bowl game.

BB52Big.jpg

Hold on a second.

I anticipate only two mandatory takes - TCU and Florida. That would leave us (in BCS standings order) Boise State, Iowa, Penn State, Virginia Tech, and Brigham Young.

The bowls are free to take whomever they want, of those, subject to the two teams to a conference rule. We're already pencilling in Iowa or Penn State as one. The question is will business dictate Virginia Tech over Boise?

LvZYtbZ.png

Are you sure about that?

No more than two teams from any one conference may receive berths in BCS games unless two non-champions from a BCS conference finish as the top two teams in the final BCS standings in which case they will meet in the National Title Game while their conference champion will play in their conference's BCS bowl game.

So there won't be two Big Ten teams in the BCS. Ohio St. goes to the Rose Bowl as conference champions and either Iowa or Penn St. goes to probably the Fiesta Bowl. As Penn St. and Iowa didn't finish 1 and 2 in the BCS that renders that rule posted meaningless

If Chris Fowler is to be believed...Texas vs. Alabama may not be a lock. There's still a chance that TCU may jump Texas.

This could very well be one of the most anticipated BCS Rankings release in history.

Are you sure about that?

I meant Iowa would be ahead of them, anyway. Due to the Iowa win over them.

If Chris Fowler is to be believed...Texas vs. Alabama may not be a lock. There's still a chance that TCU may jump Texas.

This could very well be one of the most anticipated BCS Rankings release in history.

So, it's Chris Fowler's word against Brent Musburger's ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived