2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard about that rumor about Troy in the GMAC Bowl and that is possible, but I wonder if the GMAC Bowl would rather take a 6-6 UCLA team instead of a 9-3 Troy team.

Anyhow, so far in the bowl world:

-Florida State will play West Virginia in the Gator Bowl for Bobby Bowden's final game as the coach of the Seminoles. There was some wrangling around the other ACC teams in order to make this work, though. Because of this, North Carolina heads back to Charlotte to face Pitt in the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

-USC crash lands in the Emerald Bowl to face Boston College. That's a heavy fall for the Trojans.

-Other games of note:

-SMU will make their first bowl trip since 1984 when they face Nevada in the Hawaii Bowl.

-Toby Gerhart and the Stanford Cardinal will get another crack at a high level opponent as they will face Oklahoma in the Sun Bowl.

-Northwestern and Auburn will meet for the first time in the Outback Bowl.

-Houston and Air Force will meet again in the Armed Forces Bowl

Wow...the BCS had the balls to go ahead with the midmajor death match.

Yeah...they're a cabal.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Boise State vs TCU in the Fiesta Bowl. Dammit, man...I was really hoping each of those two could go up against one of the "big boys" rather than each other.

-Florida State will play West Virginia in the Gator Bowl for Bobby Bowden's final game as the coach of the Seminoles. There was some wrangling around the other ACC teams in order to make this work, though. Because of this, North Carolina heads back to Charlotte to face Pitt in the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

-SMU will make their first bowl trip since 1984 when they face Nevada in the Hawaii Bowl.

How cute...Papa Bowden's swan song against his (long since) former school. I don't know why, but I don't see Papa Bowden riding off into the sunset with a "W", though I'm sure the Seminoles will most likely play their guts off to try to get it for him. Noel Devine, though, is a scary little bastard...and WV's QB isn't too shabby, either.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm surprised the Fiesta did this, if only because they could have had a match like Penn State versus VT?

The time for projections is done now...so can you go away for a minute?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I must be only person here that is actually happy to see a Boise State-TCU matchup in the Fiesta Bowl.

It maybe a Mid-Major Deathmatch, but this could have the makings of an epic barnburner.

Other news and notes now out:

-Troy is indeed going to the GMAC Bowl to face Central Michigan in a battle between the MAC Champs and the Sun Belt Champs. This puts Middle Tennessee in the New Orleans Bowl against Southern Miss.

-Ohio is going to the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl to face old MAC rival Marshall. Temple is going to the EagleBank Bowl in Washington, DC. Their opponent is still up in the air because if Army wins against Navy next week, they'll play Temple. If not, UCLA gets the bid. Also bowling from the MAC are Bowling Green (Humanitarian Bowl vs. Idaho) and Northern Illinois (International Bowl vs. South Florida).

-BYU will, once again, be in Las Vegas for the newly minted MAACO Bowl Las Vegas against Oregon State. Wyoming will also rep the Mountain West in the New Mexico Bowl against Fresno State.

I'm surprised the Fiesta did this, if only because they could have had a match like Penn State versus VT? I would have loved to see Virginia Tech in a BCS bowl, if only to give Mike Crapo and Jim Risch something to work with.

Please for the sake of everyone here, shut up!

The #3 team at 12-0 against the #6 team at 13-0 is always going to be a better match-up than the #10 at 10-2 against the #12 team at 9-3.

1zqy8ok.gif

I've heard about that rumor about Troy in the GMAC Bowl and that is possible, but I wonder if the GMAC Bowl would rather take a 6-6 UCLA team instead of a 9-3 Troy team.

Anyhow, so far in the bowl world:

-USC crash lands in the Emerald Bowl to face Boston College. That's a heavy fall for the Trojans.

-Other games of note:

-Toby Gerhart and the Stanford Cardinal will get another crack at a high level opponent as they will face Oklahoma in the Sun Bowl.

-Northwestern and Auburn will meet for the first time in the Outback Bowl.

-Houston and Air Force will meet again in the Armed Forces Bowl

well its about time :D

glossysig5.png

Mizzou takes on Navy in the Texas Bowl that should be a very interesting match up.

And why does it say Army or UCLA will take on Temple in the EagleBank Bowl? maybe because they are waiting to see if Army can beat Navy, I'd love to see the Black Knights finally make a bowl game

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Mizzou takes on Navy in the Texas Bowl that should be a very interesting match up.

And why does it say Army or UCLA will take on Temple in the EagleBank Bowl? maybe because they are waiting to see if Army can beat Navy, I'd love to see the Black Knights finally make a bowl game

I just said that. Go back a few posts and re-read what I wrote, speedy.

Edit: It's now official. Almost all 34 Bowl games are set in stone. Is there any games outside of the BCS that interests you and why?

I just said that. Go back a few posts and re-read what I wrote, speedy.

Not like it will happen but who wouldn't love to see the two former doormats of the FBS play in a Bowl Game.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Florida State is going to play in a New Year's Day Bowl (Gator Bowl vs. West Virginia) and I'm pretty sure it's only because Bowden requested that his final game be played in Florida.

But it's a brilliant move by the Gator Bowl officials. They are gonna make a killing off of this, that place will be PACKED.

Is there any games outside of the BCS that interests you and why?

Aside from the Gator Bowl (for obvious reasons ^_^ ), I'm looking forward to the Hawaii Bowl.

SMU vs Nevada...wonder how much of SMU landing in the Hawaii Bowl had to do with June Jones' Hawaii ties. Either way it goes, the run-and-shoot vs the Pistol? That should be a fun game to watch, simply for the offensive explosion that game should generate--SMU passing, the Wolfpack rushing.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Edit: It's now official. Almost all 34 Bowl games are set in stone. Is there any games outside of the BCS that interests you and why?

Holiday Bowl: Nebraska vs. Arizona

Reason? DUH!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived