2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

USC looks like they'll finish 6th in the Pac 10.

EDIT: And they have looks like they'll be headed to San Diego but not in the Holiday Bowl although Las Vegas might take them.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's in the 3rd Quarter, but you got to think that if Texas falters, Alabama might be (and I stress might be) a double digit favorite over either TCU or Cincinnati in the National Championship Game in Pasadena.

They might be a double digit favorite regardless. There's still a lot of game left though.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm watching this game and nothing about Florida makes me think they're the second best team in the country.

I'm also amazed the Second Coming threw an interception, someone should tell Alabama that Tim Tebow is the greatest leader and motivator in college football history and they should give the ball back.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I've watched almost all of Florida's & Alabama's games this year. Alabama is CLEARLY the better team, IMO. I'd seriously bet all of the money in the world on Alabama avenging their loss in the SEC Championship last season. Florida's good, returned almost everybody, but amazingly they've regressed while Alabama has gotten better & been more impressive, IMO.

I am already looking forward to Alabama-Texas in Pasadena.

I'm 2/3rds right, with Texas being the final 3rd.

(So what if I made the prediction in November? :P)

I've watched almost all of Florida's & Alabama's games this year. Alabama is CLEARLY the better team, IMO. I'd seriously bet all of the money in the world on Alabama avenging their loss in the SEC Championship last season. Florida's good, returned almost everybody, but amazingly they've regressed while Alabama has gotten better & been more impressive, IMO.

I am already looking forward to Alabama-Texas in Pasadena.

I'm 2/3rds right, with Texas being the final 3rd.

(So what if I made the prediction in November? :P)

Bet you didn't think Alabama was 20 points better than Florida, huh?

It's always great to see the Gators lose!

^^^^ Sugar

One thing I love is Tim Tebow's dedication to the game he's the Tyler Hansbrough of College Football and it doesn't matter what round or what team he goes to that team will know that he will bring his all game in and game out.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Tebow and Florida fans crying because their team lost. Give me a f***ing break.

I'm with you on the fans, but not with Tebow. I know it's the cool thing to do to hate on the kid, but football is an emotional game. Did you ever play in HS or college? You're tought to fight, scratch, claw, bite, and lay it all on the line. Crying isn't a sign of weakness, it's sometimes the only way you can express extreme anger and disappointment. This kid has done everything right. He didn't eye gouge anyone, he didn't get a DUI, he didn't hold up a store with a pellet gun. Two dozen Gators have been arrested during Urban Meyer's tenure...Tim Tebow isn't one of them. He has shown he wears his heart on his sleeve. I'm not gonna knock the kid for crying after a crushing loss that ends any hope for the national title or for another Heisman Memorial Trophy.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Alright, so let's see.

If Texas wins, then it's Alabama-Texas for the national title and VT finds themselves a BCS bid.

If Nebraska wins, then it's Alabama-Cincy for the title and VT doesn't find themselves in the BCS.

The BCS will take the time to wish Boise well on their way to Detroit. Shame that they aren't a BCS team and VT is...

LvZYtbZ.png

Tebow and Florida fans crying because their team lost. Give me a f***ing break.

I'm with you on the fans, but not with Tebow. I know it's the cool thing to do to hate on the kid, but football is an emotional game. Did you ever play in HS or college? You're tought to fight, scratch, claw, bite, and lay it all on the line. Crying isn't a sign of weakness, it's sometimes the only way you can express extreme anger and disappointment. This kid has done everything right. He didn't eye gouge anyone, he didn't get a DUI, he didn't hold up a store with a pellet gun. Two dozen Gators have been arrested during Urban Meyer's tenure...Tim Tebow isn't one of them. He has shown he wears his heart on his sleeve. I'm not gonna knock the kid for crying after a crushing loss that ends any hope for the national title or for another Heisman Memorial Trophy.

Yeah, I agree. I'm past tired hearing all of the Tebow love, but I can absolutely understand what the young man feels and how he shows his emotions. I remember crying during the last minutes of the state tournament game my team lost when I was a senior. In High School. I can only imagine how much more important and how much more emotion is involved in an SEC Championship game. All of this a year after your team won the NATIONAL championship. Happy for Alabama, but I can completely understand the emotion.

Alright, so let's see.

If Texas wins, then it's Alabama-Texas for the national title and VT finds themselves a BCS bid.

If Nebraska wins, then it's Alabama-Cincy for the title and VT doesn't find themselves in the BCS.

The BCS will take the time to wish Boise well on their way to Detroit. Shame that they aren't a BCS team and VT is...

Wow... Your hate of the Mid-Majors nearly rivals your self loathing of Notre Dame.

If Nebraska wins (and they are at this moment), TCU takes on Alabama for the National Championship while Texas heads to the Fiesta Bowl to face Boise State (I highly doubt the BCS is going to shun a 13-0 Boise State team in favor of a 10-2 Iowa team that really never got that much respect from the voters to begin with).

Archived