2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

You know, I had only watched the end of the Big 12 championship, but today I watched the highlights of the game...

and man, Suh is an absolute monster. What makes it more impressive is that you know all week Texas has been preparing for him, and he was double teamed almost every play. He just took over that game.

I love Gerhart but now I really want Suh to win the Heisman. As I said before if Ingram doesn't play, Alabama still wins big. If Suh doesn't play, Texas probably would've scored 30.

But seeing how dominant Suh is makes me wonder if anyone would pick anybody ahead of him at #1. It's safe to say the Bucs would be a lock. The Rams and Browns may want to go quarterback, but I doubt Jake Locker or Jimmy Clausen would make as much of an impact as Suh.

You know what...I just now put that together. And MAN am I getting tingly inside thinking of Ndomukong suited up in red and pewter (and occasionally creamsicle orange and white)...

prod.jpgprod-2.jpg

Oh yeah...(!)

(Is it now wrong to hope TB tanks the rest of their games in order to get that first pick??? :D Sike, I'm playing...I think it's safe to assume the Rams are going to pursue a QB in this upcoming draft, possibly Jimmy Clausen, and I think the 'Skins will win another game or two this season...leaving the Browns and Lions--who obviously now don't need a QB--jockeying with TB for his services.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As if Lane Kiffin isn't already in hot water in the mind of the NCAA, but maybe this will change some minds to those people...

What do I mean? Let's just say that the Vols know how to use sex appeal to get their man.

Also of note today: It's must be boring in Washington right now for this to pass in a House Sub-Comittee

You know, I had only watched the end of the Big 12 championship, but today I watched the highlights of the game...

and man, Suh is an absolute monster. What makes it more impressive is that you know all week Texas has been preparing for him, and he was double teamed almost every play. He just took over that game.

I love Gerhart but now I really want Suh to win the Heisman. As I said before if Ingram doesn't play, Alabama still wins big. If Suh doesn't play, Texas probably would've scored 30.

But seeing how dominant Suh is makes me wonder if anyone would pick anybody ahead of him at #1. It's safe to say the Bucs would be a lock. The Rams and Browns may want to go quarterback, but I doubt Jake Locker or Jimmy Clausen would make as much of an impact as Suh.

You know what...I just now put that together. And MAN am I getting tingly inside thinking of Ndomukong suited up in red and pewter (and occasionally creamsicle orange and white)...

prod.jpgprod-2.jpg

Oh yeah...(!)

(Is it now wrong to hope TB tanks the rest of their games in order to get that first pick??? :D Sike, I'm playing...I think it's safe to assume the Rams are going to pursue a QB in this upcoming draft, possibly Jimmy Clausen, and I think the 'Skins will win another game or two this season...leaving the Browns and Lions--who obviously now don't need a QB--jockeying with TB for his services.)

off topic

You're not familiar with the Rams' run defense, so let me assure you that they definitively need a lethal DT. And Suh is physically like the DTs that Spagnuolo had in New York. The only thing holding Suh back from being an automatic pick on the Rams' board is the team's middling success with past Cornhuskers. I certainly want the Rams to draft Suh.

The QB pool looks deep enough that there will be some fine franchise QBs in the early 2nd round. And I would really prefer the Rams not draft a bishonen with a losing record in college as their QB of the future.

/off topic

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You're not familiar with the Rams' run defense, so let me assure you that they definitively need a lethal DT. And Suh is physically like the DTs that Spagnuolo had in New York. The only thing holding Suh back from being an automatic pick on the Rams' board is the team's middling success with past Cornhuskers. I certainly want the Rams to draft Suh.

The QB pool looks deep enough that there will be some fine franchise QBs in the early 2nd round. And I would really prefer the Rams not draft a bishonen with a losing record in college as their QB of the future.

That is EXACTLY what I'm banking on...I ain't forgot about Eric Crouch, either. :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

That is EXACTLY what I'm banking on...I ain't forgot about Eric Crouch, either. :D

oh god. dont get me started on that disaster .

glossysig5.png

Or Carriker. Although Carriker was more the coaching staff's fault.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

About how people rank the bowl games I always thought the Cotton Bowl and Capital One Bowls were after the BCS bowls. The Gator Bowl isn't far behind but really none of them matter without a play off. IM MAD PITT COULDN'T HOLD CINCY DOWN FOR THAT MATCHUP WITH FLORIDA.....not that Pitt would have gotten the same game, I don't really know how that works out but I really wanted to see how Pitt would do against one of the powerhouses.

Now that we have the one for the thumb, the other hand looks lonely........GO STEELERS

Why would Brian Kelly want to go from a 12-0 team in a BCS conference to a 6-6 nobody? This doesn't particularly make sense.

Translation: Will is going to write another incredibly stupid post and see how many people he can get to take the bait.

BB52Big.jpg

Why would Brian Kelly want to go from a 12-0 team in a BCS conference to a 6-6 nobody? This doesn't particularly make sense.

Translation: Will is going to write another incredibly stupid post and see how many people he can get to take the bait.
Not entirely stupid. Would you want to coach at a place where people expect a national championship every year?

Nevermind. If we're to believe Infrared the Homer, Tressel already does.

Look, I'm not saying Kelly's a bad coach. I just think he'd have a better shot at a BCS title at Cincinnati, given they're a BCS school.

LvZYtbZ.png

You know, will, why do you keep calling Infrared a homer? Yes, he is an Ohio State fan, but at least he respects his Buckeyes unlike you, who calls himself a fan of Notre Dame yet bashes them at just about every step they take.

Now, as for the move: Well, since they couldn't get Stoops or Meyer, you might as well scoop up the hottest name in the coaching ranks in Brian Kelly. The man knows how to win, weather it's at Grand Valley State or Central Michigan or at Cincinnati. The man knows how to win. Give him a year to get used to the life of Notre Dame football, which is a far more massive spotlight then anywhere else he's been, and I bet you Notre Dame will be at least a Top 25 team.

Im disapointed. He has done wonders for Cincinnati, now everyone here feels that they've been stabbed in the back. Oh well, its his choice to let his coaching carrer go down the drain at Notre Dame.

Signature intentionally left blank

Im disapointed. He has done wonders for Cincinnati, now everyone here feels that they've been stabbed in the back. Oh well, its his choice to let his coaching carrer go down the drain at Notre Dame.

He left the program in better shape than when he found it (same with Dantonio). His obligation was to do that and more importantly to make sure that his family is financially secure. He also allowed helped convince the school to make more of a commitment to football, as opposed to having the school with no architectural guidelines/standards (joke).

It's amazing how quickly people turned on Coach Kelly. He never (no that I can recall) came out publicly and said he was going to stay or leave, unlike that demon of a predecessor he had (my least favorite coach in college football Mark Dantonio). While I don't wish Kelly success at Notre Dame, it has nothing to do with him, it's more of a "lesson" I hope future UC coaches can learn that UC is a place they can stay.

But I don't get why Notre Dame gets literally hours of coverage on ESPN for their coaching search. Cincinnati's next head coach announcement will guranteed get less than 10 minutes.

Not entirely stupid. Would you want to coach at a place where people expect a national championship every year?

Nevermind. If we're to believe Infrared the Homer, Tressel already does.

Look, I'm not saying Kelly's a bad coach. I just think he'd have a better shot at a BCS title at Cincinnati, given they're a BCS school.

Will you crack me up. I'm about as much of a homer as you are a sane and rational person. Is calling me a homer really the best comeback you've got for all the times I've called you stupid and crazy? Seriously dude. You need to find a different angle of attack. There are two things that are indisputably true in this thread; you make some of the most ridiculous posts in the history of sports forums, and I am not an Ohio State homer.

Try again whack-job.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived