2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, so let's see.

If Texas wins, then it's Alabama-Texas for the national title and VT finds themselves a BCS bid.

If Nebraska wins, then it's Alabama-Cincy for the title and VT doesn't find themselves in the BCS.

The BCS will take the time to wish Boise well on their way to Detroit. Shame that they aren't a BCS team and VT is...

Wow... Your hate of the Mid-Majors nearly rivals your self loathing of Notre Dame.

If Nebraska wins (and they are at this moment), TCU takes on Alabama for the National Championship while Texas heads to the Fiesta Bowl to face Boise State (I highly doubt the BCS is going to shun a 13-0 Boise State team in favor of a 10-2 Iowa team that really never got that much respect from the voters to begin with).

"Please Lord. Don't make Iowa play Texas."

If Nebraska wins (and they are at this moment), TCU takes on Alabama for the National Championship while Texas heads to the Fiesta Bowl to face Boise State (I highly doubt the BCS is going to shun a 13-0 Boise State team in favor of a 10-2 Iowa team that really never got that much respect from the voters to begin with).
I think Cincy beating Pittsburgh today will put them ahead of TCU when all is said and done.

I don't think Iowa has a chance, not with a name like Penn State out there. If Penn State goes to a BCS bowl, then Iowa cannot.

LvZYtbZ.png

I think Cincy beating Pittsburgh today will put them ahead of TCU when all is said and done.

I don't think Iowa has a chance, not with a name like Penn State out there. If Penn State goes to a BCS bowl, then Iowa cannot.

It's also about style points since Strength of Schedule has been taken out. Cincinnati may have won and that's good and all. But, in the style point driven world of the BCS, Cincy failed big time against Pittsburgh today. The Panthers ran the ball down Cincy's throat today while the Bearcats didn't do squat on the ground and turned the ball over three times.

I'm sorry, will. But, unlike your half-baked universally hated scheme to see TCU and Boise State get screwed over because of your hatred towards Mid-Majors, I think TCU ought to get their chance if the opportunity is given to them and right now, Texas is down and Cincy failed to impress the voters despite coming back from 21 down.

Now, as for Iowa: Did you conviently forget that Iowa did beat Penn State this season in Happy Valley, hm? I know I didn't forget. No way the BCS takes Penn State when a team who beat them would be taken.

I would have agreed if Cincy had won the game convincingly, but since they didn't I'm not so sure TCU gets passed over. I don't think it matters much though because if the 'Bama team that showed up tonight shows up in the NCG, it won't matter who they're up against.

It's also about style points since Strength of Schedule has been taken out. Cincinnati may have won and that's good and all. But, in the style point driven world of the BCS, Cincy failed big time against Pittsburgh today. The Panthers ran the ball down Cincy's throat today while the Bearcats didn't do squat on the ground and turned the ball over three times.

I'm sorry, will. But, unlike your half-baked universally hated scheme to see TCU and Boise State get screwed over because of your hatred towards Mid-Majors, I think TCU ought to get their chance if the opportunity is given to them and right now, Texas is down and Cincy failed to impress the voters despite coming back from 21 down.

Strength of Schedule is not out - rather, margin of victory is. So Cincy beating a pretty good Pitt team will improve them in the computers. Conversely, if Clemson loses to GT in the ACC title game, then that will hurt TCU.
Now, as for Iowa: Did you conviently forget that Iowa did beat Penn State this season in Happy Valley, hm? I know I didn't forget. No way the BCS takes Penn State when a team who beat them would be taken.
Yes, I know that, but Penn State is a pretty much guaranteed draw, and I wouldn't be surprised if they chose to take Penn State for that reason slone.

LvZYtbZ.png

Alright, so let's see.

If Texas wins, then it's Alabama-Texas for the national title and VT finds themselves a BCS bid.

If Nebraska wins, then it's Alabama-Cincy for the title and VT doesn't find themselves in the BCS.

The BCS will take the time to wish Boise well on their way to Detroit. Shame that they aren't a BCS team and VT is...

Wow... Your hate of the Mid-Majors nearly rivals your self loathing of Notre Dame.

As much as I would love to the see the Frogs play Alabama, I don't think there is anyway the voters will shun a BCS conference unbeaten over a MWC team even if they destroyed everyone that crossed there path.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Strength of Schedule is not out - rather, margin of victory is. So Cincy beating a pretty good Pitt team will improve them in the computers. Conversely, if Clemson loses to GT in the ACC title game, then that will hurt TCU.
Yes, I know that, but Penn State is a pretty much guaranteed draw, and I wouldn't be surprised if they chose to take Penn State for that reason slone.

Still, I have to believe that the people who watched that game were NOT that impressed by Cincinnati's lackluster performance against Pitt today. It wouldn't matter how good Pitt was or wasn't, they needed to impress the voters with a convincing win and they didn't deliver on that part.

Oh, and I also want to mention that Iowa is also a guaranteed draw as well. See, got you there Mr. Smart Guy. Iowa fans would go anywhere to see their Hawkeyes play. Trust me.

BTW, what a season finale the Washington Huskies are having. Jake Locker, in what might be his Washington swan song (please stay another year, please stay another year) has 3 passing TD's and 2 rushing TD's against the Golden Bears of California. If Locker stays, then I can see a bowl game next season for the Huskies.

Uh Will? Where the :censored: did this come from? In the first part you're just parroting Hedley. The second part is the first time you've ever said something rational about college football.

What happened to "if Texas loses it's an SEC rematch?"

Dude you are like a fine work of art; priceless.

BB52Big.jpg

Roll Tide!!!

Haha, Florida just didnt show up tonight, they are a good team though, and I have all the respect in the world for Tim Tebow, he was really braggin on us in his interview at the end and he is one of the best college football players ever, and one of the most classiest as well. I just hope we can win the NC cause I dont know if we will have another shot. I am also wanting McCoy to have a bad game so Ingram can win the Heisman. I think it would be wild if we played Cincy in the Nat' Championship because that was the predicted Sugar Bowl.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Ah, man. I just got home from Pittsburgh, and it was the best game I've ever seen in person, maybe the best game I've ever seen. The crowd was just phenomenal, and it was a great comeback. But while I'd like to believe UC is for sure in if Texas loses, I still think TCU has a shot at the title game. The Coaches Poll will be the factor I think.

Uh Will? Where the :censored: did this come from? In the first part you're just parroting Hedley. The second part is the first time you've ever said something rational about college football.

That was assuming the game was going to be close.

LvZYtbZ.png

That was assuming the game was going to be close.

In any case, welcome to reality. I'm sure you won't be here long but enjoy your stay all the same.

BB52Big.jpg

What a football day for my family:

-ECU (brother) beats Houston when Case Keenum was on FIRE! He's a stud (if he'd stop throwing the ball so lax at times, if he fires 100% bullets, Houston wins that game). ECU's run defense came to play.

-App (me) wins on a TD drive with a score with 7 seconds left on a strike from Armanti to Matt Cline. Just a few moments earlier we fumbled a punt return that the Spiders took to the house to take the lead with about 1 minute left.

-Alabama (everyone) destroys Florida in the SEC championship. Everything that needs to be said already has been.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived