2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

I was only half-serious about the LeBron thing. But...

"I've never crossed paths with Braylon before but it seems like there is a little jealously going on with Braylon and me and my friends," James said. "I have no idea why. I've never said anything to Braylon at all. For him to do that I think is very childish. My friend is 130 pounds. Seriously, it is like hitting one of my kids or something like that. It doesn't make sense, but the right people will take care of it."

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/10/lebron_james_says_envy_led_to.html

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The deal is for wide receiver Chansi Stuckey, linebacker Jason Trusnik and "undisclosed draft choices" according to SI.com.

I guess I'm excited to get a good target for Sanchez, but I can't help but think the Jets gave up more than they needed to for a player the Browns wanted to get rid of pretty badly.

So, is there any doubt that LeBron James owns Cleveland? A player on a team from another sport got traded after crossing him. I wonder if the Jets are going to have to trade him again when LeBron signs with the Nets/Knicks.

Edwards' run in with LeBron was just another in a series of problems he's had here. My guess is it was more "the last straw" than it was LeBron "owning" Cleveland.

Well, let's just see how long Edwards lasts in the Big Apple once the Knicks ink LeBron.

It Would be Deja Vu all over again.

I'd imagine that King James would have bigger fish to fry once he arrives in NYC. Alex Rodriguez's name immediately comes to mind.

.... :censored: ,LeBron loves his Yankees. Scratch that.

6uXNWAo.png

Amen. Braylon is gone.

And the Browns got Chansi Stuckey; who I think has a bright future.

It's safe to say I'm a pretty happy guy right now.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

i think edwards might actually stay out of trouble with the jets only because of rex ryan . hes the "no bull" type of coach . but then again its new york.....

I hate the Jets, but Rex Ryan is my favorite coach in the league. I find it hard to root against them, he is such a nice guy and defensive genius. Also the Jets training camp was at my university this summer, so I want to root for them, but I have to hate them, right?

saBS.png

All you Jets fan love the trade... until he drops 5 passes Monday night. especially after he goes to the next 5 pro bowls and breaks the single season receptions record. Thank God he's outta Cleveland.

Fixed that for you. Remember, it's Cleveland he's leaving. Nothing but good things for him from here on out. B)

BB52Big.jpg

All you Jets fan love the trade... until he drops 5 passes Monday night. especially after he goes to the next 5 pro bowls and breaks the single season receptions record. Thank God he's outta Cleveland.

Fixed that for you. Remember, it's Cleveland he's leaving. Nothing but good things for him from here on out. B)

Idk. I don't have much faith in a guy whose excuse for not being accepted in Cleveland was, "because I'm from Michigan." I understand that it's an extremely hot rivalry, but that was an amazingly weak excuse. :P

Idk. I don't have much faith in a guy whose excuse for not being accepted in Cleveland was, "because I'm from Michigan." I understand that it's an extremely hot rivalry, but that was an amazingly weak excuse. :P

Well I was joking but I see your point. Funny how that Michigan stuff works. Steve Everitt was from Michigan and Browns fans loved him. The dude even wore a Browns do-rag during a game in the Ravens' first season in Baltimore. Leroy Hoard was from Michigan and Browns fans had no problems with him. I'm sure there have been plenty of ex-Wolverines who played for the Browns and I can't remember ever "not accepting" them because they played for Michigan. Ohio State runs a distant second to Browns football in that area anyway. Braylon Edwards wasn't accepted in Cleveland because he dropped more passes than he caught. If his actual play had ever even gotten even in the vicinity of his mouth it might have been a different story.

BB52Big.jpg

Well I was joking but I see your point. Funny how that Michigan stuff works. Steve Everitt was from Michigan and Browns fans loved him. The dude even wore a Browns do-rag during a game in the Ravens' first season in Baltimore. Leroy Hoard was from Michigan and Browns fans had no problems with him. I'm sure there have been plenty of ex-Wolverines who played for the Browns and I can't remember ever "not accepting" them because they played for Michigan. Ohio State runs a distant second to Browns football in that area anyway. Braylon Edwards wasn't accepted in Cleveland because he dropped more passes than he caught. If his actual play had ever even gotten even in the vicinity of his mouth it might have been a different story.

Yeah, over the past 3 years Braylon Edwards has the highest percentage of dropped passes in the NFL.

6fQjS3M.png

It can't end soon enough for Redskins fans either. And can Zorn PLEASE take Jason Campbell with him?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived