2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't even worth getting worked up about. $10K is a drop in the bucket to players and coaches. If they get fined a few thou, it's still not going to make them think twice about doing it again. If it isn't gonna cost 'em half-a-mil, then don't even fine them at all. Suspensions are the way to go if you really wanna stick it to on-field thuggery.

It's the principle of the matter. Idc if it was a fine or suspension, the fact that Hall got away with NO punishment at all is the stupid part of all this.

The analysts will find a way to blame every single one of those picks on either the receiving corps or the o-line. 14 TDs, all of which are singularly his doing despite being surrounded by not a single pass catcher or blocker who should be playing in the NFL. 17 picks, not a single one of which is even partially his fault because of the bunch of high school cheerleaders masquerading as professional football players that he is forced to try to carry each game.

Sounds a lot like that other gunslinger people talk about all the time.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

it's true though :(

Yeah, it is sadly. I would give him 2 picks for today that were his fault. hester slipped, hester ran into the ref, and kelled davis clearly got smashed before the ball got there. i was furious when they didnt call that one

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Jay Cutler is a Gunslinger!

He's just having fun out there.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

He plays with such boyish enthusiasm! He's out there drawing plays up in the dirt like kids in the sandlot! Playing for the love of the game!

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

That was just a bad game. A few things that stick out. Daniel Manning should not be playing, he just can't tackle. Every time that he should make a tackle, he'll wrap up really high. Then the ball carrier gains 5-8 extra yards every time until Manning finally pulls him down.

Then there's Chris Williams. He showed tonight just how bad the offensive line is this year. On the first drive, he was pass blocking and just got bull rushed. He was pushed back five yards before he was pancaked by the defensive end. And that late hit penalty on the last drive was terrible. What could possibly make him think that it was a good idea to do that? That leads me into my last point.

The Bears are one of the most undisciplined teams in the league. Their penalties remind me way too much of one of the teams in my conference. The team that can't have home games at night anymore and a fight is almost guranteed when you play them. The Bears just get so many stupid penalties. Offsides, illegal formations, late hits. And Mark Andersen should have got ejected for punching someone after he was pulled off a pile. He must have been taking notes from Tommie Harris.

And there's my rant. Somehow I did that without mentioning Jay Cutler throwing 5 interceptions.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Cutler is too perpetually annoyed to have boyish enthusiasm. Who can blame him, really.

Coaches can't coach. Running backs can't run. Receivers can't catch. Line can't block. Nobody can avoid stupid penalties. The whole thing needs to be purged.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Cutler is too perpetually annoyed to have boyish enthusiasm. Who can blame him, really.

Coaches can't coach. Running backs can't run. Receivers can't catch. Line can't block. Nobody can avoid stupid penalties. The whole thing needs to be purged.

But, boy, that quarterback can certainly quarterback. So, at least he can stick around. Everyone else can go to hell.

If only throwing a :censored:load of INTs was something you could expect from Jay :censored:ing Cutler.

O WAIT.

*checks nfl.com*

He finished second in the league last year! Why couldn't we all have seen this coming?

I mean, I didn't expect him to practically match last season's totals already, but that's just one of the little pleasures about the Bears getting fleeced to get him, and the media overrating him beyond belief.

This

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If only throwing a :censored:load of INTs was something you could expect from Jay :censored:ing Cutler.

O WAIT.

*checks nfl.com*

He finished second in the league last year! Why couldn't we all have seen this coming?

I mean, I didn't expect him to practically match last season's totals already, but that's just one of the little pleasures about the Bears getting fleeced to get him, and the media overrating him beyond belief.

You obviously don't get it, it's the line, or the receivers, or the running game, or Lovie, or the officials, or the broadcasters calling the game, or the ball boys, or the fans. In no way, shape, or form is it Jay Cutler's fault. Now that I think about it, you personally (yes, YOU) deserve more of the blame than Jay Cutler does! You know there isn't another NFL quality player on the entire Chicago Bears offense and yet you still criticize! How could you? I mean, the guy may as well have us out there with him! C'mon, man!

O WAIT.

*checks nfl.com*

You obviously don't get it, it's the line, or the receivers, or the running game, or Lovie, or the officials, or the broadcasters calling the game, or the ball boys, or the fans. In no way, shape, or form is it Jay Cutler's fault. Now that I think about it, you personally (yes, YOU) deserve more of the blame than Jay Cutler does! You know there isn't another NFL quality player on the entire Chicago Bears offense and yet you still criticize! How could you? I mean, the guy may as well have us out there with him! C'mon, man!

*time to trot out my favorite NFL stat of the year once more)*

2008 Denver Broncos (w/Jay Cutler) 8-8

2008 Chicago Bears (w/Kyle Orton) 9-7

2009 Denver Broncos (w/Kyle Orton) 6-2

2009 Chicago Bears (w/Jay Cutler) 4-5

Obviously the change at QB isn't the only factor, though perhaps you might also care to remember that the 2008 Broncos had a 2 time Superbowl winning head coach, and that the 2009 Broncos have a rookie head coach.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived