2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Let's see how much you care when we're not filling your pockets with money, owner-scum! Time to bring some urgency back to the Los Angeles Rams."

Did that really need to be split into two separate posts? The difference between your scenario and this one is that the Browns aren't in danger of moving. The stadium is new enough and what the fans are doing now, mindlessly supporting a terrible team, isn't working. Now, I don't think the Browns ineptitude is entirely the owner's fault, but if he knows that there are repercussions for bad decisions and hires then maybe he'll make smarter ones, such as not hiring a Belichick assistant right after firing another Belichick assistant. I think in this case the unwavering loyalty of Browns fans is precisely what's hurting them.

That said, I honestly would not mind if the Browns never win another game or move to Los Angeles themselves

PvO6ZWJ.png

Let's play NFL Match Game:

Host: "The Cleveland Browns offense is bad."

Crowd: "How bad is it?"

Host: "They're so bad, the changed their nicknames to the Cleveland *blank*s."

Where's the punchline?

The Browns are the punchline. Or they are the joke. Either way, I know I'm laughing at them. :P

Ten things that are better to do then watching this game; 10) Tax Audit, 9) Root Canal, 8) Colonoscopy, 7) Raking the Leaves, 6) Body Waxing, 5) Walking on hot coals, 4) Being water boarded, 3) an afternoon with your in laws, 2) Help your wife at her Tupperware Party, 1) Swimming in Raw Sewage. Yes these teams are that bad and that unwatchable.

well, i dont know about that ..... i mean come on.

glossysig5.png

Where's the punchline?

The Browns are the punchline. Or they are the joke. Either way, I know I'm laughing at them. :P

Ten things that are better to do then watching this game; 10) Tax Audit, 9) Root Canal, 8) Colonoscopy, 7) Raking the Leaves, 6) Body Waxing, 5) Walking on hot coals, 4) Being water boarded, 3) an afternoon with your in laws, 2) Help your wife at her Tupperware Party, 1) Swimming in Raw Sewage. Yes these teams are that bad and that unwatchable.

well, i dont know about that ..... i mean come on.

I had no idea Tank is a married terrorist who likes to be well groomed

I saw, I came, I left.

I actually enjoy watching Browns games. They're so hilariously bad.

"Let's see how much you care when we're not filling your pockets with money, owner-scum! Time to bring some urgency back to the Los Angeles Rams."

Did that really need to be split into two separate posts? The difference between your scenario and this one is that the Browns aren't in danger of moving. The stadium is new enough and what the fans are doing now, mindlessly supporting a terrible team, isn't working. Now, I don't think the Browns ineptitude is entirely the owner's fault, but if he knows that there are repercussions for bad decisions and hires then maybe he'll make smarter ones, such as not hiring a Belichick assistant right after firing another Belichick assistant. I think in this case the unwavering loyalty of Browns fans is precisely what's hurting them.

That said, I honestly would not mind if the Browns never win another game or move to Los Angeles themselves

I think his point was that if the Browns fanbase just decides to not support the team out of protest then the Browns ownership will simply pick up and move where they will be supported. They aren't in danger of moving now, because despite their, um, less then preferable season they still have VERY solid fan support. If they suddenly found that support lacking they would move. Which is why any fan boycott is always a bad decision.

Except for the Millen Man March in Detroit a few years ago. That was hilarious.

I'll say this, in case anyone out there still had any lingering doubts:

Ricky Williams still got it. (And I, for one, am happy for the guy.)

No Ronnie Brown...no problem. Just trot out Ricky Williams, turn the clock back to about 2002 or so, and turn him loose. Dude doesn't look like he's slowed down a bit. And this Henne...looks like a good one there. I liked what I saw out of my AFC Super Bowl pick last night (BTW..I'm sticking with my pick too). I honestly figured the Panthers would focus on shoving their two backs straight down the Dolphins' throats (which is why I picked the Cats to win--that and they were playing at home), but um...I don't think the Panthers figured 32-year-old Ricky would do the same to them, or score 3 TD's on them.

Let's see what this does for the Fish the rest of the way.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Where's the punchline?

My thought was the punch line was supposed to be calling them the "blanks" as in they never score any points. I also thought it was entirely not funny. Not because I'm a sensitive Browns fan but because the joke itself sucked. We can do better people.

Personally, I find the Browns hysterically funny. Has there ever been a franchise that is this far off the tracks? For a while I was seriously contemplating jumping ship but now it's like the worse it gets the more loyal I become. The day will come when the Browns will be Super Bowl contenders. The trick for us fans is to find a way to live to 180 so we can be alive to see it.

Yes, the present day Oakland Raiders. They may have more wins, but they have more dysfunction and even less hope than your Brownies.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Its amazing how many teams seem so far off the tracks at the moment. But here is a thought for y'all

Top 4 teams in the NFL this season

Colts 9-0 (coach in first year as HC but with Franchise since 2002, previous HC with team since 2002)

Saints 9-0 (coach in 4th year with franchise)

Viking 8-1 (coach in 4th year with franchise)

Bengals 7-2 (Coach in 7th year with franchise)

Worst teams in the NFL this season

Lions 1-8 (on 7th coach since 2000 season)

Buccaneers 1-8 (3rd coach since 2000 season)

Rams 1-8 (5th head coach since 2000)

Browns 1-8 (5th head coach since 2000)

Chiefs 2-7 (4th head coach since 2000)

Raiders 2-7 (6th head coach since 2000)

(numbers include interim head coaches)

Incidentally would Jim Caldwell's run be the best start for a rookie head coach?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Incidentally would Jim Caldwell's run be the best start for a rookie head coach?

I believe it is. I thought I heard that at 8-0 he was tied with some guy from the leather helmet days. 9-0 should put him on top as best start for a rookie coach.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

That may be the best start, but George Seifert certainly had the best finish for any rookie head coach. I would love to see Caldwell match it though, that's for sure.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

That may be the best start, but George Seifert certainly had the best finish for any rookie head coach. I would love to see Caldwell match it though, that's for sure.

Indeed he did. I may have been the only person left watching the game after the 55th point but this Browns fan was hoping the 49ers would score 70 on Denver in that Super Bowl.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

From the WTF? department, Atlanta will play four teams who are coming off their BYE (DAL, CHI, WAS, and NYG).

That belongs in the strange facts thread

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Damn, Troy Polamalu will be out another month (knee injury). I'm not a Steelers fan, but that's one of my favorite players to watch.

That's pretty much my stance, too...love watching Taz play...that's why I got a Puhlamalu jersey in my closet. But damn...this is gon suck for Pittsburgh...as well as lend more credence to my preseason prediction that some significant contributor was going to go down this year. Looks like Troy caught the Madden cover jinx...could Larry be next?

EDIT: Dallas Clark just made one of the absolute most beautifullest catches I've ever seen...caught the dastard pigskin as if he was serving a platter. THAT was pretty.

And...needless to say, 7-0 Indy, 3 and a half minutes into the game, in Baltimore.

EDIT #2: fumble, Ravens KR, pending challenge. If B'more loses this, Peyton gets the ball back at about the B'more 20. IF the call stands, this game could get ugly for the Ravens early.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived