Comets - Nehl Redesign Project

creativelysain

I figured I would try to get into the act with some of these, so here is my first "try" at a concept for the Mohawk Valley Comets.

It's very rough at this point so, go easy :P

I know the "comets" look too round like pinballs, so I need some help with their overall shape. Just let me know what you guys think, and any ways to fix it.

Her's the original:

Comets-sm.gif

Heres mine:

MohawkValleyComets.gif

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn. I left my comets at work. I will post in the AM

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Eh, I'm not feeling this at all. The logo itself reminds me a lot of the WNBA's Phoenix Mercury. I'm not a big fan of the Planet Kosmos font, either... looks like the wordmark could pass for either "Comets" or "Camels." Not very good for legibility, especially at a distance. Nice effort, but I'd take it back to the drawing board.

OK, I hate to copy Sterling, but it needs to be said. The following is a concept, only. A digital scetch, so to speak. I don't feel like this is done nor perfect, nor yet on the level of the other teams we've done, but I really like the throy and concept, and wanted to post it early so you guys could help.

I have displayed it in several different color combos, so we can talk about colors, too.

comets_logos_colors.gif

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Well, I had been working on a Comets design, but wasn't sure it was even close to being the right look. I'll have to post it though, because it looks like we're all on the same track.

I'll get it up here soon... after seeing these, I want to change the direction it's pointing.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

OK, here it is. Still very rough, as you can see.

I used the Flyers logo as an inspiration, and stayed with the Flames color set, assuming that's the jersey they'd use.

I'm really not happy with the wordmark, but I put it up anyway. I thought the logo had a retro look, so I went with a font that felt the same way.

Anyway,....

comets.gif

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

OK, I hate to copy Sterling, but it needs to be said. The following is a concept, only. A digital scetch, so to speak. I don't feel like this is done nor perfect, nor yet on the level of the other teams we've done, but I really like the throy and concept, and wanted to post it early so you guys could help.

I have displayed it in several different color combos, so we can talk about colors, too.

comets_logos_colors.gif

could you add grey to give the comet's tail some thickness, like make it look 3d? I think Nitro is the master at grey.

Archived