Comets - Nehl Redesign Project

creativelysain

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, like I said, I did a bunch... mainly the ones that loooked remotely decent on this logo. Here is the full set:

comets-colors.gif

Here's the list of what teams are what...

Left side, going down: Avalanche, Blue Jackets, Flames, Flyers, Kings, Oilers, Panthers

Right side, going down: Penguins, Predators, Rangers, Sabres, Senators, Stars, Thrashers

Thrashers, Oilers, Stars, Preds, Sens.

The problem with most of these is that the jersey templates are so specialized.

Maybe a Thrash-coloured template from another team would work better. Even amateur teams in Minnesota can afford recoloured templates. ;)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I went and tried to do GMS' logo to see how it would look. I'm not that good but

I tried, here it is.

and I don't know if anyone saw my attempt at the flaming face (it might have gotten lost in all of the good work), but here are some different color combos with it.

Comets Concept

hey do you mind sending me a .ai of what you did with mine, i'd like to play with it a little when i get a hold of some time.

gregstraub11 @ yahoo.com

Nitroseed-

Hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of taking a swipe at something that was bothering me about your logo. I think its really nice, and distinct, but I keep reading it as Mets.

comets.JPG

I brough more of the middle part of the C into the foregroud, hopefully making COMETS more readable. What do you think?

By the way, I really like the Blue Jackets colors too.

No offense intended to schlim, but I don't like the edit he offered up.

Maybe it's just me, but I never had trouble seeing/reading the COMETS wordmark in the original version of the logo.

As for the edit, you now have the puck-comet's vapor trail existing both in front of AND behind the C in the wordmark... which makes no sense, as the puck-comet couldn't simultaneously travel both in front of and behind the C. If anything, it strikes me as being more eye-catchingly (not in a good way) confusing than the original logo.

If you feel that the C wasn't reading well enough, and you simply had to "fix it", then my suggestion would be to eliminate the trailing white edges on the letter itself... while maintaining the Neon Lime-within-Powder Blue vapor trail IN FRONT OF the letter. In other words, just go with a more conventionally rendered C.

Still, IMHO, the logo was perfect as rendered by nitro. With nitro's version of this logo, I think we're getting to that point where continued "tweaking" becomes detrimental. Nitro's version of a logo for the Comets is ready for submission.

Brian in Boston

Sometimes you take artistic licence when it comes to such things. In this case, it's a nice touch, I think, to make the C more obvious.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I have to say after trying it that, above everything else, the focus of the logo is lost. The comet would be behind the C and now partially obscured, making this seem more like just a wordmark than a full logo. I'll admit, it bugs me a little too, but I don't know of really effective way of "fixing" it without ruining the logo entirely... I'll keep working on it.

EDIT: Here's what I mean:

comets-c.gif

Archived