Comets - Nehl Redesign Project

creativelysain

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I tried something a little different... made a couple of minor changes to it, and I think it helps a little bit. Let's see what you guys think:

comets-new-2.gif

comets-new-bg.gif

comets-crest-new.gif

comets-crest-new-bg.gif

Basically, I enlarged the comet and the big C, removed the motion streaks from the C, and faded the greyish border into the blue streaks coming from the back of the C. Also added some new streaks to the comet. I think it looks really good on a blue background, personally.

I really like that final concept, nitro. I never confused it with anything other than Comets, but going into each logo, I knew it was that, so that might've helped. Absolutely stunning work.

[AD - NCFA] Arctic University Kodiaks (5-1-0, CONF 0-0-0)

[Owner - NABA] Arctic Menace (18-12)

Copying JQK and CC

Minneapolis.gif

VP.jpg

Somewhere in the background, one can hear the the barely audible sounds of the "over-edit" alarm going off.

I liked it at the top of this page, and less so towards the bottom.

I also like the Flames colors, which I think are;

- More true to their original palate

- More to to the current concept of the 'comet'

- Less incorporating of the other colors in the league

By the way, Jen... I like it black, too!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I don't quite hear the over-edit alarm just yet. There may be a few VERY MINOR things left to touch up, but I think it's been tuned up pretty nicely. I am very happy with the final result of this concept, and I think it's a much cleaner, much simpler and much smoother design than the original. I went back and redid this concept in the Flames colors because, yes, the original idea was to match (or at least closely so) their current colors. Here is what it looks like (both red-dominant and yellow-dominant):

comets-flames.gif

Now, let me explain WHY I think this is better than the original version.

The C, which has been enlarged and cleaned up, is much more legible. After removing the streaks, I felt that they were unnecessary and only added to the busyness of the logo as a whole. I feel that the word "Comets" is more legible this way as well, which was a concern with some others, as well as myself.

The new "slickness" that comes as a result of cleaning up a lot of the needless streaks gives it a sleeker, more "spacey" and somewhat futuristic feel. I was very pleased with how the yellow/red outline fading into the main black color translated onto a black background. It gives it a unique look, while again adding to the smoothness and simplicity of it.

I feel like the crest itself has become much simpler and easier to look at, especially on a black background (and even moreso on a jersey). This has more of an actual "logo" feel to me, personally, than the previous versions. I don't know why for sure, but that's a personal opinion.

Either way, my opinion is that this latest version is a more effective and cleaner version and would work a lot better in the grand scheme of things. I'd be glad to hear out anyone as to why they think the original would be more effective. I'm always open to constructive criticism and debate.

Again, the red outlined version rocks, I'd just increase the size of the "mets" and "Mohawk Valley" portions. Also I'd get rid of the curve at the bottom right of the C logos... starts to look ever so slightly like a G, and if it's so easy to resolve, why not?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

IMO - I like the puck going behind the "C" , it looks cleaner. All of them are very good Nitro!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived