Radio Shack rebranding?

pheer

You know why rebranding Federal Express to "FedEx" worked? Cause everyone was already calling it that!

Changing Pizza Hut to "The Hut" and Radio Shack to "the Shack" suck because I've never heard anyone in my life go "I'm going to the Shack, need anything?" or "Pizza? I'll call the Hut..."

Just doesn't happen.

Now if Taco Bell was going to rebrand itself to Taco Hell...they're onto something...

Wondering if this has anything to do at all with their recent renaming to "The Source" in Canada

theSource.jpg

Wait a minute CC wasn't The Source part of Circuit City or are they gone in Canada also.

Bell recently (around May I believe it was...) purchased all of The Source operations from Circuit City.

Wade-sig.png

You know why rebranding Federal Express to "FedEx" worked? Cause everyone was already calling it that!

Changing Pizza Hut to "The Hut" and Radio Shack to "the Shack" suck because I've never heard anyone in my life go "I'm going to the Shack, need anything?" or "Pizza? I'll call the Hut..."

Just doesn't happen.

Now if Taco Bell was going to rebrand itself to Taco Hell...they're onto something...

Very Very Very good point, and yes, rebranding Taco bell is in order... :P

Maybe not in your areas, but Radio Shack is pretty much fading out.

I mean...who the hell shops there? Go to a tiny "big box" retailer and pay way over average price for an item...or go to almost anywhere else and get better selection and pricing?

First Pizza Hut is rumored to change their name to The Hut, now RadioShack is going to The Shack. Anyone see a pattern here? What's next? I worked for RadioShack, and hated it! They need more than a rebranding, they need to actually hire more people to work the store, because nothing is more annoying than four people wanting cell phones and only having two employees to help. Then two other customer walk out pissed off. Customer service is most definitely not their strong point. In addition, their products suck.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

First Pizza Hut is rumored to change their name to The Hut, now RadioShack is going to The Shack. Anyone see a pattern here? What's next? I worked for RadioShack, and hated it! They need more than a rebranding, they need to actually hire more people to work the store, because nothing is more annoying than four people wanting cell phones and only having two employees to help. Then two other customer walk out pissed off. Customer service is most definitely not their strong point. In addition, their products suck.

Radio Shack shouldn't be in the business of selling cell phones. Leave that to the big-box retailers, and the cell phone companies. Radio Sahck's niche is in circuit boards, capacitors, switches, wires, etc. It's the only place to go to if you're a geek that likes to experiment and build stuff like that. Perhaps their packaged / branded devices suck, but their components certainly don't suck.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived