Avalanche Thirds _UPDATE#2

CreamSoda

The colors on the logo and colors on the jersey don't match, you might want to address that. The logo on the front of the jersey is far too big (and off center, it seems). The striping on the arms is ok, but the bottom of the jersey is a bit different. I don't think I'm a fan of the half and half coloring. How about fixing the problems I mentioned, and changing from a white/silver jersey to either primarily burgundy or blue and see how it comes out. Also, it seems people around here like seeing front and backs of jerseys, numbers/lettering as well. Take some time doing all that, re-present it and I bet you'll get some really positive feedback. Keep at it.

The colors on the logo and colors on the jersey don't match, you might want to address that. The logo on the front of the jersey is far too big (and off center, it seems). The striping on the arms is ok, but the bottom of the jersey is a bit different. I don't think I'm a fan of the half and half coloring. How about fixing the problems I mentioned, and changing from a white/silver jersey to either primarily burgundy or blue and see how it comes out. Also, it seems people around here like seeing front and backs of jerseys, numbers/lettering as well. Take some time doing all that, re-present it and I bet you'll get some really positive feedback. Keep at it.

you mean change to a normal design.... no thanks.

I will add backs later.

^I think you should be a little more respectful to people that are trying to help you out. And a little more respectful to people in general, judging by your recent general design comments. And if you are so much better than everyone else, why are you consistently posting stuff that is so unfinished?

^I think you should be a little more respectful to people that are trying to help you out. And a little more respectful to people in general, judging by your recent general design comments. And if you are so much better than everyone else, why are you consistently posting stuff that is so unfinished?

sorry but tellign me to make a jersey the typical colors and striping in a concept forum is pretty stupid...

Its called a concept forum, im simply posting new ideas. Not finished pieces of work... Thanks.

Its called a concept forum, im simply posting new ideas. Not finished pieces of work... Thanks.

While I like the fact that you've taken a new direction in the design of the Avs look, until you make changes that are imperative to this being a "good" concept -- shrinking the logo and matching the bloody colors up -- what you have here is sloppy and defeats the innovation that you're trying to achieve.

And the silver simply does not work -- it muddles up the color elements of the logos too much, especially the "monster feet".

philly.png

While I like the fact that you've taken a new direction in the design of the Avs look, until you make changes that are imperative to this being a "good" concept -- shrinking the logo and matching the bloody colors up -- what you have here is sloppy and defeats the innovation that you're trying to achieve.

Ok... I get it... Its my name.

sorry but tellign me to make a jersey the typical colors and striping in a concept forum is pretty stupid...

He never said to make it typical color or striping. All he said to do is make the colors match on the logo and striping and that he didn't really care for the stripe design on the bottom of the jersey. And making the jersey the Avs' blue color would be more unique than using a white jersey for the third. If you're going to post a jersey, you have to be ready for criticism on it.

On what I think about the jersey, pretty much the same as capn89. If the Avs have a third jersey, I think it should be blue. The sleeve striping is very solid, I think it would look good on the ice. But the bottom doesn't look that good. Having hte blue and red stripe meet at different angles just doesn't look very good. And it would be helpful to see what the back would look like.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Meh, the white jersey needs blue, badly. Both jerseys need just a touch of black, the fact that the only black is in the logo bothers me. The blue jersey isn't too bad but I would add a little white for contrast.

I agree that the blue jersey needs white, at least on the numbers.

Not trying to pick a fight here, but to defend the OP, the only positive thing that capn89 said about the concept was "The striping on the arms is ok". There's a difference between providing constructive criticism and providing nothing but criticism. If the criticism was a bit softened then I think the response would've been different. Again, I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I can sympathize with some of the people who post concepts here in good faith and get torn to shreds for it.

As for the design itself, I definitely like the striping, but I agree that the away needs some blue to offset just the red and white. Maybe to the striping?

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Not trying to pick a fight here, but to defend the OP, the only positive thing that capn89 said about the concept was "The striping on the arms is ok". There's a difference between providing constructive criticism and providing nothing but criticism. If the criticism was a bit softened then I think the response would've been different. Again, I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I can sympathize with some of the people who post concepts here in good faith and get torn to shreds for it.

As for the design itself, I definitely like the striping, but I agree that the away needs some blue to offset just the red and white. Maybe to the striping?

This guy isn't exactly very good at handling criticism, he tends to argue with people that are trying to help. Gotta learn how to take C+C because it won't always be positive, like cab said.

con·struc·tive (kn-strktv)

adj.

1. Serving to improve or advance; helpful:

- The colors on the logo and colors on the jersey don't match, you might want to address that.

- The logo on the front of the jersey is far too big (and off center, it seems).

- How about fixing the problems I mentioned, and changing from a white/silver jersey to either primarily burgundy or blue and see how it comes out.

- Also, it seems people around here like seeing front and backs of jerseys, numbers/lettering as well. Take some time doing all that, re-present it and I bet you'll get some really positive feedback. Keep at it.

crit·i·cism (krt-szm)

n.

1. The act of criticizing, especially adversely.

2. A critical comment or judgment.

a. The practice of analyzing, classifying, interpreting, or evaluating literary or other artistic works.

b. A critical article or essay; a critique.

c. The investigation of the origin and history of literary documents; textual criticism.

- The striping on the arms is ok, but the bottom of the jersey is a bit different.

- I don't think I'm a fan of the half and half coloring.

I'd hate to see a "softened" version of that.

As for the new versions. They're much better than the original. I'd agree with those who said the white needs blue and the blue needs some white for contrast. I also noticed each sleeve has different striping, but that could be intentional. Overall it's an upgrade from the first version.

This guy isn't exactly very good at handling criticism, he tends to argue with people that are trying to help. Gotta learn how to take C+C because it won't always be positive, like cab said.

This is the wrong place to be for a person who can't handle C&C. There are a lot of really talented artists who post here.

Archived