Your Favorite Color Scheme?

Axis_of_Weasel

My favorite obscure color combo is brown & light blue. To my knowledge, Tufts University is the only college or pro team (on any level) that uses it. Too bad it usually gets wasted on such generic unis. I know they're a small school, but the execution could be much better than it is here...

0D2H8720.jpg

Don't forget the Sandwiches of the South Harmon Institute of Technology.

And as for that link to the NBC sports poll, the fact that the Cowboys' clusterf*** of a uniform is thought to be the best shows that the people surveyed know jack squat about good uniforms.

spacer.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black and blue. Its a shame that the one mlb team that was black and blue wa sthe one team I agree with that shouldn't use black, the royals.

but orlando magic, the lightning, look good, only problem is sometimes when they dont seperate the blue from the black with an outline, then it just blends in.

I've had a soft spot for the Buccaneers ever since they adopted their red/pewter/black look. I even use a similar combo as one of the La Crosse Battle Axe (ULL fantasy lacrosse) colors, but with crimson instead of the Bucs' blood red.

CCSLC signature.png

I don't like the university, and I know tradition is steeped in Navy Blue. But Forest Green and Vegas Gold is beautiful.

Notre_02.jpg

Couldn't agree more. I really wish the Packers had gone through with their switch.

Count me in on this one too. Ever since Colorado State switched to metallic gold, I've been a big fan of their uniforms (except their all green combo).

RashaunGreer.jpg

I also think the Sounders hit a home run with the green and blue:

ljungberg2-2.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Tulane! I love their uniforms.

MattForte_inside.jpg

Being from the southeastern Louisiana area, I too LOVE the dark green and light blue.

Other color schemes I like:

Maroon/Burgundy and Silver

Red, Black, and Silver

Creole Blue and Purple (New Orleans Hornets)

Red and Pewter (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)

Magenta, Orange, and Black (Miami Floridians)

Royal Blue and Emerald Green (Seattle Seahawks original team colors)

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Being a design based forum, I'd hope we're up enough on trends to not think the Browns have nice unis. Though I just got here, so I'm not sure. Classics? Sure. Aesthetically pleasing? No way.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/9270605/

http://needsofthemany.blogspot.com/2008/02...rms-5-best.html

The Browns are notorious for having the ugliest uniform in sports by casual fans. It being "classic" shouldn't matter. Sort of like the Packers. Sure, it's a classic uniform but that horrendous color combo died in the 70s and never made a comeback. And hopefully never will.

That's the thing...we ain't casual fans up in here.

Welcome to the design-based forum...where nice, aesthetically pleasing classic uniforms can be brown and orange. Or green and yellow. (BTW, the Edmonton Eskimos, Norfolk State Spartans, and the University of Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves would like to have a word with you.)

I know WE're not casual fans, but that's the problem. There's a bias due to being football fans. You think of tradition without thought. Most people see the Browns uniforms and puke, then look away. Only hardcore football fans can bare them, and most of us still can't. As designers you have to think of casual fans. Those that only see the uniform... not the history of it.

Brown just isn't aesthetically pleasing. Other than 2 of every 10 years when it somehow makes a comeback. Maybe for other pallets, but definitely not clothing.

This is just my opinion though. (even if it's shared with the majority haha)

Oh. And co-signed on the Notre Dame Green/Vegas Gold and The Buccs Unis.

How there's not more love for this, I don't know:

um.jpg

Perfect contrast.

Archived