Draw Brawl 2009 Challenge Two

chestnutz

... Rip Van Winkle it's become entirely obvious that you are ILovemybrotherAlex (and Patsfan, and MNsports09).

The case against you:

1) both you and your 'brother' repeatedly use the word 'digress'. Come on who says digress?

2) he always posts immediately after you.

3) his username seems to only serve to validate he is your brother, which would be a great way to remove you from guilt because you use the same IP address.

4) you've posted similarly inflammatory comments (and used similar grammar) while you were the user MNsports09.

and finally most incriminating

5) you accidentally made a post in your 'brother's' persona while logged onto your account.

I mean come on man. Just stop. Just looking at your posts makes it obvious. Please stop posting. I wouldn't normally call someone out like this but you've made 3 extra accounts, one of which should already have lead to a ban. Your total disregard for people is astounding.

Anyways, on topic, I wasn't sure I would enter but I was really inspired today and I've think what I've got is pretty good... I'd send it now but I'll inevitably want to tweak it in the coming days :P

i dont care what you accuse me of. i will continue to act as MYSELF in the near future. i will continue to comment on concepts and make drawbrawl concepts until i get banned, if i do. but i digress. :D

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

H.H.H. Metrodome - The greatest dome in the history of Minneapolis.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know off the top of their head the major indoor arena in Buenos Aires that this can be held. I've done a little bit of research but haven't found anything, but I don't want to spend a lot of time researching when I'd rather spend my time designing. This is just to put on my ticket. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

I've found two acceptable venues, River Plate Stadium, which is primary held for Soccer matches, which holds around 65K people, but is mainly only used for Soccer. Also, Luna Park, which is actually held basketball contests before, but is rather small at only around an 8K capacity. I plan on using Luna Park, not getting too technical....

Here's additional info:

Luna Park: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_Park,_Buenos_Aires

River Plate Stadium: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Plate_Stadium

Hope this helps.....

No way in hell that River would work for a basketball game.

I'd recommend Parque Roca, which is an outdoor court, however was built with basketball in mind, and in the future, when a roof is placed on it, will be the home of the Argentine National team.

http://www.buenosaires.gov.ar/areas/produc...p?menu_id=18941

Other options, smaller, indoor stadiums would be.

Luna Park, as mentioned, Luis Conde Arena (2400 capacity - home of Boca Jrs.)... hmm...

No way in hell that River would work for a basketball game.

I'd recommend Parque Roca, which is an outdoor court, however was built with basketball in mind, and in the future, when a roof is placed on it, will be the home of the Argentine National team.

http://www.buenosaires.gov.ar/areas/produc...p?menu_id=18941

Other options, smaller, indoor stadiums would be.

Luna Park, as mentioned, Luis Conde Arena (2400 capacity - home of Boca Jrs.)... hmm...

I don't see why not? It's the first ASG outside the continent anyway, why not go completely new?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

to keep you guys up to date, we have received entries from the following:

tier 1

logoman

patchez

justin511

nyy3351

tier 2

spammy

chickenfish13

mdc

ripmetrodome (i might put it in despite the ban)

only a few days left people. would be great to get 7/8 per group. please enter if you have the time.

fraser

Does anyone know off the top of their head the major indoor arena in Buenos Aires that this can be held. I've done a little bit of research but haven't found anything, but I don't want to spend a lot of time researching when I'd rather spend my time designing. This is just to put on my ticket. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

I've found two acceptable venues, River Plate Stadium, which is primary held for Soccer matches, which holds around 65K people, but is mainly only used for Soccer. Also, Luna Park, which is actually held basketball contests before, but is rather small at only around an 8K capacity. I plan on using Luna Park, not getting too technical....

Here's additional info:

Luna Park: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_Park,_Buenos_Aires

River Plate Stadium: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Plate_Stadium

Hope this helps.....

Thanks a ton, man. I might go with Parque Roca and have an outdoor All-Star Game.

But I do plan on entering, just to give a heads up, probably in Tier 2. I've finished everything but the ticket so far.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Just the way the arena's set up. I couldn't honestly see there being a good seat in the house, the way the court would need to be arranged.

I'd take some of the other soccer stadiums (Velez, La Bombonera, etc.) before I could see a successful game at River.

Maybe they could borrow Jerry's screen?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Well, I submitted mine, I have to admit I found this quite challenging (which is appropriate seeing as it is a challenge) but also intriguing at the same time. I commend the organizers for coming up with an interesting topic, it's true that saying "here's a team name, do a logo and jerseys" gets old. Anyhow I found it difficult and ended up going through like 4 primary logo drafts before settling on a final look, so I might have to post the original drafts for you guys after this challenge, because it's quite a big change/evolution so I think you guys might find it interesting.

So Rip got banned, huh? Well, that's about as surprising as TC getting banned, when you look at the graveyard, and at a given moment, the last about 10 topics are from you or your "brother", it's never really a good sign. What is with these twins fans?

Ah, what the hell, I think you should post his though.

Also, this is a little request to the judges, I was wondering if you guys could comment on the winners (or all of them if there is only a few) after each round and say what you like / didnt like. I think this will reduce the amount of threads with people asking for comments, I would find it helpful, and finally I liked how the judges gave feedback in the Apprentice. In my opinion, instead of people flooding the boards with draw brawl concepts, it would be smarter and easier to just have everyone give feedback on the ones that they feel like in the results thread.

last call for entries. we have 11 for the second round.

some nice looking stuff but very close again.

get your entry in by midnight est tonight for your chance to win.

fd

Huh? I thought the deadline was Monday at midnight ET.

last call for entries. we have 11 for the second round.

some nice looking stuff but very close again.

get your entry in by midnight est tonight for your chance to win.

fd

????? I can't get mine in till Monday. If you go to the first post it said the deadline is Monday night/(10) days.

Yes, the deadline is Monday at 11:59 PM. Fraser made a boo-boo :P

elliot, I was thinking of posting my critiques of the winners for the first round, but I came back and saw the winners had already been posted so I'm not sure why, but I just didn't.

There are some GREAT entries, so I'm pleased so far. Want more though!

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived