Draw Brawl 2009 Challenge Two

chestnutz

ALL STAR NOCHE

For the first time in NBA history, the 2012 All-Star Game will be held outside of the contiguous United States of America AND outside of the North American continent. After an international fan vote, the country of Argentina was selected with the game to be played in Buenos Aires.

The NBA commissioner, David Stern, along with the NBA marketing department has approached you for your design services in creating a visual identity for the game.

The only requirements they have issued is the need for a:

- primary logo and standalone wordmark (see past NBA ASG for reference).

and

- ticket design

The rest of the package is being left up to your creativity. You may add anything else you want.

**READ**

- Please remember when e-mailing your entry to format the subject like "Challenge # - Tier # - username" PLEASE pick your own tier, no "put me in whatever tier you want me in."

- Do NOT include any hints (personal marks, usernames, real names, etc) on any part of your entry. This will result in disqualification from the round without notification. If anything is altered in any way, not saved in the right format, not the right size, etc., we will not accept it. Sorry, but there were a handful of incidents this round where we had to go through the whole process of sending out individual PM's, looking out for people's backs. It can fly for that first round, but from now on we have to tighten it up.

ALSO PLEASE read the rules before you ask questions. There have been many questions asked where a person could simply look in the rules thread, first post, and find everything they need. Please do so, it makes our job a lot easier.

The deadline will be 10 DAYS from now, not 2 weeks, so they will be due Monday, August 31st, at 11:59 PM EST.

Thank you all, any questions just post here. Good luck!

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^ I saw that too when I looked up stuff about buenos aires. this challenge is going to take a whole lot of thought. It should be interesting to see how people interpret this.

For the judges I have a question. I don't understand the ticket design aspect of this. what do you expect to be on the ticket?/what is required to be on it?

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

^^^ I saw that too when I looked up stuff about buenos aires. this challenge is going to take a whole lot of thought. It should be interesting to see how people interpret this.

For the judges I have a question. I don't understand the ticket design aspect of this. what do you expect to be on the ticket?/what is required to be on it?

This I think you'll have to research for yourself. I just did a Google image search for "Super Bowl ticket" and I got tons of stuff. The closer it is to an actual ticket (barcode, seat, date, venue etc) the better I'd imagine you'll do, but in the end it's up to you what info is included.

the idea behind the ticket is to show how your design might be incorporated into a wider design scheme.

its about how you position the logo itself but also how you ustilise other design elements and colours of your

logo to create a wider brand and style.

Not trying to be a jerk, but please consider prohibiting the posting of Draw Brawl concepts outside the Draw Brawl threads. The board is flooded with 10+ L.A. football concepts that are all already visible in the Draw Brawl voting thread.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Not trying to be a jerk, but please consider prohibiting the posting of Draw Brawl concepts outside the Draw Brawl threads. The board is flooded with 10+ L.A. football concepts that are all already visible in the Draw Brawl voting thread.

I say someone posts one draw brawl comments thread where all the entries are posted and people can give c&c.

I was thinking of saying this as well but then reconsidered when I thought of the other options. If we create a thread or ask them to get feedback in the original thread, it won't turn into an environment that encourages feedback and will get confusing with multiple people responding to 10 different concepts. I just don't think it will work even though it seem logical. Getting C&C is tough enough as it is sometimes, having to stumble over and compete for space in one thread with 10 others is asking a lot.

Second, I see the posting of 10 concepts from the competition as no different than 10 members individually posting concepts unrelated to a competition.

With individual threads, it encourages feedback directly with the artist and allows them to provide updates in one place. If this section of the board needs anything these days, it is certainly feedback on work that is actually creative.

Archived