Best Buy

RETROJR79

Hey guys I read last year that Best Buy was going to change thier logo. Was that a April Fool joke like the Ford and Verizon or are they still planning a change?

They did come out with something new, but I think it's only used in their Best Buy Mobile stores in malls. There is a thread on here that shows it all... maybe a search would fine it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Best Buy in the Mall of America uses the new logo, but as BBTV mentioned, it's most likely only used for Best Buy Mobile stores. Stand-alone stores are still using the giant yellow price tag logo with "Best Buy" in it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Best Buy in the Mall of America uses the new logo, but as BBTV mentioned, it's most likely only used for Best Buy Mobile stores. Stand-alone stores are still using the giant yellow price tag logo with "Best Buy" in it.

Ohh gotcha. I remember seeing the new logo here months ago but I still havent seen it appear in real life yet and was kinda wondering if they had scrapped the whole thing

Were Best Buy to make a change to their regular standalone stores, I think it'd be smart to use the new tag shape, fill it in yellow, and then put Best Buy in the new typeface (Klavika, I believe) in navy Blue.

Essentially, use this update, but don't lose the hugely recognizable (both in general and from the road while driving by) identity they have now.

I thought this was more of a corporate logo. But after seeing a redone Walmart, I can see this rolling out.

I wish that Verizon one had been true. Not because it was any great shakes. I just hate Verizon's current brand identity.

I know me too It was a bubbly logo.

Doing a rebrand for a huge chain like best buy is extremely expensive. There's the initial logo design (which could be multiple thousands of dollars) then there's all the materials. Signage which costs a bloody fortune, uniforms, stationery, signage, in-store signage, collateral materials, sales sheets, website redesigns, new credit cards, new gift cards, boxes, packaging, labels, anything and everything which features the best buy logo must be changed, and doing that all at once can cost a small fortune.

My guess is that best buy is rolling out the new brand very slowly and carefully, one to increase consumer recognition and maintain brand loyalty, and two to offset some of the enormous cost associated with a branding of this nature.

OD_Signature.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bestbuy.jpg

First thought when i saw this was the new walmart logo.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived