Kit Karma

Saintsfan

There was a period a few years ago when teams that changed their uniforms and made reasonably good changes did well. I remember the Pistons changing back to the old school colors after a period in jade monstrosities and winning the NBA title. Whats your favorite piece of uniform karma? Either a team doing well in a new, good uniform or badly in a new bad uniform?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

1997 Denver Broncos won back-to-back titles in their first two years in their current look.

Yeah, it?s just too bad they looked hideous doing it! thicon_cool.gif

Hopefully we?re not only referring to teams with championship success, but also teams who almost got there! So with that said, I?d like to nominate the 1996-97 Seattle Sonics for their great run to the Finals against the Bulls.

t1-sonics.jpg

I?d also like to call out the 1996-97 Utah Jazz for what seemed at the time to be a fresh new great look for a team who plays in a city with ZERO Jazz music or influence. They also made it to the Finals, only to have the trophy snatched away by MJ himself.

jazz_malone_240.jpg

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

1997 Denver Broncos won back-to-back titles in their first two years in their current look.

I'd also like to call out the 1996-97 Utah Jazz for what seemed at the time to be a fresh new great look for a team who plays in a city with ZERO Jazz music or influence. They also made it to the Finals, only to have the trophy snatched away by MJ himself.

jazz_malone_240.jpg

Twice.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

There's also the negative karma of the Rams changing after winning the Super Bowl then getting dumped out of the playoffs in the wildcard round the next year. Then, after the 2001 season, they were upset by the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

There's also the negative karma of the Rams changing after winning the Super Bowl then getting dumped out of the playoffs in the wildcard round the next year. Then, after the 2001 season, they were upset by the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Guess you could say the same thing about the Lions. They change and go 0-16.

Guess you could say the same thing about the Lions. They change and go 0-16.

Not really.

They had added the black a few years ago.

Hopefully we?re not only referring to teams with championship success, but also teams who almost got there! So with that said, I?d like to nominate the 1996-97 Seattle Sonics for their great run to the Finals against the Bulls.

t1-sonics.jpg

Personally, my Supersonics karma uniforms are the previous set. Debuted for the 1977-78 season, the Supersonics started 5-17 under Bob Hopkins and then went 42-18 under Lenny Wilkens, who unexpectedly led them to the NBA Finals, where they lost 4-3 to the Bullets. The next year the Supersonics went 52-30 and won the NBA Championship by defeating the Bullets in a rematch 4-1.

I thought the Sonics debuted the first "Arch" design after the '78 finals and won the '79 title in 'em - I'm fairly sure that they played the '78 finals in the Celtics-inspired unis that were introduced when Bill Russell started coaching the team.

My favourite piece of uni karma is the Houston Rockets - after winning back-to-back titles in the classic red, gold & white, they switched to the cartoon PJs for 1995-96, which heralded a slide into mediocrity.

Wow, it even looks like the Chargers defensive lineman in Blue Sky's picture is wearing cuffed sleeves that are very similar to what is worn now.

First thoughts off the top of my head

bengals.jpg

IMG0018-01.jpg

john_elway_score_pic.jpg

steve-mcnair.jpg

2000 (small change)

baltimore-ravens-authentic-pro-line-full-size-riddell-helmet.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'd also like to call out the 1996-97 Utah Jazz for what seemed at the time to be a fresh new great look for a team who plays in a city with ZERO Jazz music or influence. They also made it to the Finals, only to have the trophy snatched away by MJ himself.

jazz_malone_240.jpg

Twice.

I don't know if I'd call it "snatching" when the Jazz couldn't get more than 2 wins either time.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I thought the Sonics debuted the first "Arch" design after the '78 finals and won the '79 title in 'em - I'm fairly sure that they played the '78 finals in the Celtics-inspired unis that were introduced when Bill Russell started coaching the team.

My favourite piece of uni karma is the Houston Rockets - after winning back-to-back titles in the classic red, gold & white, they switched to the cartoon PJs for 1995-96, which heralded a slide into mediocrity.

The Sonics' introduction of the "Arch" design came in 2 phases. 1977-78 featured the "Arch" home uniforms while they still used the Celtics-style road uniforms. 1978-79 had the "Arch" on both sets.

Here's Marvin Webster (who wasn't with the Sonics in 79) during the 1978 Finals:

61161_1978_NBA_Finals_Game_5__Washington_Bullets_v_Seattle_Supersonics.jpg

jazz_malone_240.jpg

Twice.

I don't know if I'd call it "snatching" when the Jazz couldn't get more than 2 wins either time.

Really, so why did Jordan just say this past weekend the Bulls were fortunate to win both series and could have just as easily lost both years had the ball not bounced their way on a few key plays?

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

The Sonics' introduction of the "Arch" design came in 2 phases. 1977-78 featured the "Arch" home uniforms while they still used the Celtics-style road uniforms. 1978-79 had the "Arch" on both sets.

Here's Marvin Webster (who wasn't with the Sonics in 79) during the 1978 Finals:

61161_1978_NBA_Finals_Game_5__Washington_Bullets_v_Seattle_Supersonics.jpg

Thanks for clarifying that, I had wondered.

Archived