Super Bowl XLIV theme art

buckeyecal

FYI, for those of you scoring at home, the SBXLIV poster is out now. If you go to sportsposterwarehouse.com, click on the SB poster link, you can get to it. It looks like the folks at NFL properties are going with that trippy-photo-field of depth thingy they did XLII. It show the Trophy upclose in a nightime setting, or as they put it, fireworks and confetti are covering the field in celebration just after the "game" has ended. It's pretty sweet....

sbxliv10ai-1.jpg

I can't say that it looks anything like 'fireworks and confetti,' but I really like it. It's very understated and classy. As far as the photograph itself goes, the photographer made great use of the trophy's being chrome by not directly lighting it but instead just letting the lights around it reflect off of it. What it really looks like is that this photograph was taken in front of a window or over a balcony and the background is headlights and stoplights in a downtown somewhere. And that's where its real classiness comes from. The first thing I thought of was that the trophy was on display at some swanky after-victory party on a roof in a downtown somewhere. There's even something vaguely 1960s about it, but I can't put my finger on that...

I think it's a great image.

Neat, a very striking image. I'd agree it looks more like the Vince Lombardi grabbing a breath of fresh air on a hotel balcony, or maybe a cigarette (!!!), overlooking main street in some big city than a 'fireworks and confetti' image, but its a nice clean, slightly arty, look.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I'm guessing that little red logo in the bottom corner will be the official logo. Looks like SB XL.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

sbxliv10ai-1.jpg

I can't say that it looks anything like 'fireworks and confetti,' but I really like it. It's very understated and classy. As far as the photograph itself goes, the photographer made great use of the trophy's being chrome by not directly lighting it but instead just letting the lights around it reflect off of it. What it really looks like is that this photograph was taken in front of a window or over a balcony and the background is headlights and stoplights in a downtown somewhere. And that's where its real classiness comes from. The first thing I thought of was that the trophy was on display at some swanky after-victory party on a roof in a downtown somewhere. There's even something vaguely 1960s about it, but I can't put my finger on that...

I think it's a great image.

I couldn?t have said it better myself! thcheers.gif

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

sbxliv10ai-1.jpg

I don't know if its planned, but going back to what Ted Cunningham was saying, there is something vaguely reminiscent of kind of 1960s Miami about the poster, sort of in a lounge lizard, cool way, if you get what I mean.

Might try and get a hold of one of those posters at some point!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

sbxliv10ai-1.jpg

I don't know if its planned, but going back to what Ted Cunningham was saying, there is something vaguely reminiscent of kind of 1960s Miami about the poster, sort of in a lounge lizard, cool way, if you get what I mean.

Might try and get a hold of one of those posters at some point!

I?m glad I?m not the only one who thinks there?s a retro feel to that poster.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Going along with the Super Bowl logo is this year's Pro Bowl logo...it's been out a while, but I'm not sure if it has been posted yet:

NFLProBowl_PRM_2009.png

South Florida, isn't the SB at Miami also?!?!?!? WTF? What happened to Hawaii?

The pro bowl for this season is being experimentally done in Miami this year instead of Hawaii. I'm thinking the NFL thinks it'll curb more interest being in the states. probably played in prime time.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Going along with the Super Bowl logo is this year's Pro Bowl logo...it's been out a while, but I'm not sure if it has been posted yet:

NFLProBowl_PRM_2009.png

The pro bowl for this season is being experimentally done in Miami this year instead of Hawaii. I'm thinking the NFL thinks it'll curb more interest being in the states. probably played in prime time.

Isn't it also a week before the Super Bowl?

Last time I checked, Hawaii was one of the states.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Archived