2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Dion Phaneuf lights up Kyle Okposo:

Watch Morency jump off the bench to protect his teammate...

:shocked:

He had to be taken off on a stretcher. I don't think it was dirty though. Here's hoping he is OK, even if he is an Islander...

Dawes kinda pushed Okposo into the way of Phaneuf, but looks like Dion was setting up the hit anyways I don't think it was enough to inherit a suspension.

Anyways I don't Hollywood could have scripted a better ending with Theo Fleury getting the shootout winner man I hope he makes this team.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I watch that clip, the more it looks like he got him with the elbow, AND left his feet to make the hit. Even if it did warrant a suspension, the league won't do dick to one of its "stars."

Welcome to DrunjFlix

In the ultimate "man I feel old now" moment. One of my friends from pre-school was on the first line for the Duck's preseason loss to Vancouver last night. He was on the same line as Corey Perry and one of my all-time favourite players, Saku Koivu. Not only that, but the brother of another friend of mine was also in that game as a defenceman paired with Scott Neidermeyer.

That's two guys who are 2 years younger than me that I know from my High School that are both playing for the Ducks this preseason.

1zqy8ok.gif

Well if anything the NHL will do something about Morency coming over the bench when he wasn't even on the ice, personally I hope nothing happens it's just preseason and players are trying to make a name for themselves even if it is in a not so good way.

Well if anything the NHL will do something about Morency coming over the bench when he wasn't even on the ice, personally I hope nothing happens it's just preseason and players are trying to make a name for themselves even if it is in a not so good way.

I tell ya what though he got a lot of props from that locker room, that's for sure...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I tell ya what though he got a lot of props from that locker room, that's for sure...

I'm sure he did it's just the case of the home team thinking it's clean and the away team thinking he should get 5 games? It's how the NHL is these days.

Isles and the Flames meet in Saskatoon on Saturday, don't expect Phaneuf to play haha.

In watching it on TV and not a crappy youtube vid, it did look like a reasonably clean hit, but I still take issue with Phaneuf, who doesn't need to play for a job, doing something like that in pre-season. Morency will get a few games (I don't follow the east, is he good enough to stick with Philly?), and that'll be the end of it.

But I still hate Phaneuf. Not because he's a Flame, but because other than big hits, he's pretty useless. For a defenseman to stink in his own end the way he does, at this point, he's still riding the glory of his rookie season.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Lee, Morency plays for the Isles, not Philly.

He played in the AHL last year, with only 3 points in 31 games. But his role is an enforcer. My guess is that the Isles were just giving him some time in a game for camp and hes just proving to the coaches that hell do anything to stick up for his team.

I hope he doesnt get suspended, although it was not smart jumping off the bench. Also, Phaneuf should not be looking to line up hits in the preseason, but its hockey.

untitled-1.png

In the ultimate "man I feel old now" moment. One of my friends from pre-school was on the first line for the Duck's preseason loss to Vancouver last night. He was on the same line as Corey Perry and one of my all-time favourite players, Saku Koivu. Not only that, but the brother of another friend of mine was also in that game as a defenceman paired with Scott Neidermeyer.

That's two guys who are 2 years younger than me that I know from my High School that are both playing for the Ducks this preseason.

I feel slightly the same way. Seeing a lot of kids I've played against in youth and junior hockey make it to the NHL, actually makes me feel pretty proud of myself - that I was able to compete at the same level as future NHLers, even if they weren't at the "NHL level" of talent, yet.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

In watching it on TV and not a crappy youtube vid, it did look like a reasonably clean hit, but I still take issue with Phaneuf, who doesn't need to play for a job, doing something like that in pre-season. Morency will get a few games (I don't follow the east, is he good enough to stick with Philly?), and that'll be the end of it.

But I still hate Phaneuf. Not because he's a Flame, but because other than big hits, he's pretty useless. For a defenseman to stink in his own end the way he does, at this point, he's still riding the glory of his rookie season.

Phaneuf for me is the one player you love to hate when he makes those big hits everyone goes like ''WOW HE'S SO AWESOME'', his rookie year and his Norris nomination year is when Phaneuf asserted himself, last year was a huge step back after getting awarded with that huge contract.

He did battle some injuries but even in the first few months it just wasn't the old Phaneuf if he can't get back his form of 2 years ago he becomes automatic trade bait and with the depth the Flames already have at defense Phaneuf could rake in an alright forward if somebody wants that contract but I'm hopeful he can get back to his almost Norris year.

Im surprised that this hasn't been posted.

Sources say that the Bruins and Leafs have agreed on a deal to send Kessel to Toronto.

Info on TSN.ca

Sigh... I do not yet know what to think of this, I'll save my opinion until I get to see him play some games...

This years draft better be very, very weak. Otherwise... ugh...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Sources say that the Bruins and Leafs have agreed on a deal to send Kessel to Toronto.

Info on TSN.ca

Sigh... I do not yet know what to think of this, I'll save my opinion until I get to see him play some games...

I'm shocked Burke was willing to part with 2 consecutive first-round picks, and a 2nd. I thought he was committed to a rebuild through the draft and getting a young team coming up through the organization.

Either way I can definitely see Toronto making the post-season now that they added some offense in Kessel.

Hi, how are you?

Info on TSN.ca

I'm shocked Burke was willing to part with 2 consecutive first-round picks, and a 2nd. I thought he was committed to a rebuild through the draft and getting a young team coming up through the organization.

Either way I can definitely see Toronto making the post-season now that they added some offense in Kessel.

Eh... this years draft is weak for any team not picking in the top 5 or so. Everyone else is more or less worth a second round pick from what I have heard. As for 2011, who knows what kinds of trades we may pull off before then.

As long as we have someone to feed him pucks, we should be in good shape. We will have a good number of players who 'could' put the puck in the net, but we don't have a solid centre to pass to these guys. Lets hope Grabby and Bozak can be the answer...

Either way, I'll wait to make a judgement call, but for now, I'm just uncertain of whether this was another Owen Nolan trade or something that we will look back on and be thankful he pulled the trigger.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Seriously? How wimpy has the NHL become? Why does every time someone gets hit, that someone else needs to defend them? Really, if you need someone to defend you, then get out of hockey. I just have no clue why some nobody needs to make a name for himself by coming off the bench. So if you need to babysit someone on the ice to get props, then you have a really bad team. Oh wait, this is the Islanders we're talking about, enough said.

I am so happy that Phil Kessel is now a leaf. Picks are expendable because you are not loosing anything until June. If he wanted, he could make a trade and get another teams pick (not to say he will) but it's a lot easier to get a pick back than to get a player back. I like what Burke has done though! Too bad we have to wait till November to see him play. Here is the Burke interview though: http://mapleleafs.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=802&id=46770

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived