2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Brendan Shanahan has decided NOT to play for the Devils this season.

Correction, the Devils decided Brendan Shanahan will not play for them this season. They might say it was "mutual" so each save face given his status but if you read what happened he got cut today.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, I got a flyer in the mail today from Comcast stating we get a free month of Center Ice to start the season. I know what I'm doing tonight...

Actually the free preview of Center Ice is from October 2-24. So you're going to have to wait a day.

Is that a free preview for all Comcast customers?

It's free to all. I have Time Warner. If you're wondering, then go to NHL Center Ice to read, and no it does not start today, because the channels is blacked out as it should be. If MLB is doing soemthing free, then of course a game would be on. Just because two leagues share the same channel doesn't mean you get both leagues if one is free and the other isn't.

Caps handle Boston 4-1. Defense played well, special teams were outstanding. Boston just had no answer. Caps came to play, Boston didnt.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Nice job by several newcommers, notably Gionta and Cammalleri. Price's season has also begun very well. It was a slow game, but it got exciting towards the end and the Habs picked up their first win.

I wish Kovy was still here because I would have loved to see him paired with the 2 I mentionned above. They would have been known as the "artistic" line for sure.

Nice job by several newcommers, notably Gionta and Cammalleri. Price's season has also begun very well. It was a slow game, but it got exciting towards the end and the Habs picked up their first win.

Yep, the Leafs are in mid-season form already. :P

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I wish Kovy was still here because I would have loved to see him paired with the 2 I mentionned above. They would have been known as the "artistic" line for sure.

I was also impressed with Travis Moen. The referees tried to screw him in the 3rd, then Komi pushed him into Toskala who was waiting with his stick raised to Moen's head. But Moen fought through it and show a real passion and desire to wear the tricolore. Lapierre and Latenresse were also very strong. Hall Gill is even more useless than I expected.

1zqy8ok.gif

Also, I got a flyer in the mail today from Comcast stating we get a free month of Center Ice to start the season. I know what I'm doing tonight...

Actually the free preview of Center Ice is from October 2-24. So you're going to have to wait a day.

Well I have it and it's October 1st so...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Dany Heatley was born to be a Shark, choke artist extraordinaire blowing a few prime scoring chances.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Canucks started of a little shaky tonight. Bad first period but they followed that with a strong second and third. The Sedins look good and I think they will have a great year. I'm so happy that hockey is back I'm not even upset with this lose.

Calgary tallied 4 on Luongo in the first 30 minutes tonight at the Saddledome. My West Champions prediction is looking mighty good.

Yup, no point in playing the last 81 games.

Luongo doesn't kick into form for another 2-3 weeks. I didn't get to see the whole game, but yeah. He's gonna lose more than he wins until late October at least.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Huge loss for Montreal as Markov is out for at least three months with a torn tendon.

Link to TSN story

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

So I caught a bit of the games from Europe. In the beginning of the 2nd period of the Chicago-Florida game, the stands were half empty. Why? Because in the arena in Finland fans can't bring beer into the arena so they were outside. So who's brilliant idea was this? So you start a period in front of a half or even 3/4 capacity crowd. But watching both games, talk about a stale atmosphere. Who really can sit there and think this is a brilliant idea to send teams to areas where people have no interest in them. Both arenas were dead. I've seen preseason games with more excitement. Neutral site hockey games are horrible. Part of what makes hockey work is the crowd, when the crowd has no rooting interest in either team, then it's a bland experience.

Archived