2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I caught a bit of the games from Europe. In the beginning of the 2nd period of the Chicago-Florida game, the stands were half empty. Why? Because in the arena in Finland fans can't bring beer into the arena so they were outside. So who's brilliant idea was this? So you start a period in front of a half or even 3/4 capacity crowd. But watching both games, talk about a stale atmosphere. Who really can sit there and think this is a brilliant idea to send teams to areas where people have no interest in them. Both arenas were dead. I've seen preseason games with more excitement. Neutral site hockey games are horrible. Part of what makes hockey work is the crowd, when the crowd has no rooting interest in either team, then it's a bland experience.

That is every single Leaf game at the ACC. Look at the Platinum section at the beginning of the 2nd and 3rd periods. You can count the amount of people on 2 hands.

I wouldn't say the people in Sweden and Finland have no interest in the teams. Sure there may not be one side to root for, but what's wrong with wanting to watch an NHL game for the fun of it?

1zqy8ok.gif

Huge loss for Montreal as Markov is out for at least three months with a torn tendon.

Link to TSN story

Horrible.

Yikes... That's going to hurt them a lot.

Sorry about your season habs fans! Speaking of Russian D-men, what happened with Sergei Zubov this year? I didn't hear of him signing anywhere or retiring/going to the KHL.

Huge loss for Montreal as Markov is out for at least three months with a torn tendon.

Link to TSN story

Horrible.

Yikes... That's going to hurt them a lot.

Sorry about your season habs fans! Speaking of Russian D-men, what happened with Sergei Zubov this year? I didn't hear of him signing anywhere or retiring/going to the KHL.

He went to the KHL.

Hi, how are you?

15 games in one day. And it's dreary and 55 outside, thereby giving me zero motivation to leave the couch. What a glorious Saturday.

Also, I just noticed that Gatorade has apparently come up with some sort of water bottle sleeve, which clips onto the net, thereby eliminating the "bottle-knocker" shot. That's disappointing.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

15 games in one day. And it's dreary and 55 outside, thereby giving me zero motivation to leave the couch. What a glorious Saturday.

Same situation here. Hanging around with the dog and watching some hockey.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Realizing that the "Jim Balsillie purchases (insert Southern team here), moves them to Hamilton" meme has all but run out of gas, the HNIC boys have apparently manufactured a new plotline to keep the lower third of Canadians drooling.

Yes, according to Men In Suits In Front Of A Camera, an unnamed, Toronto-based group is in talks to buy the Thrashers and move them to Winnipeg. You know, in spite of the glaring, obvious reasons why putting an NHL team in Winnipeg would be a complete financial disaster, as discussed ad nauseam by some on these boards, myself included.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived