2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

I am so happy that Phil Kessel is now a leaf. Picks are expendable because you are not loosing anything until June. If he wanted, he could make a trade and get another teams pick (not to say he will) but it's a lot easier to get a pick back than to get a player back. I like what Burke has done though! Too bad we have to wait till November to see him play. Here is the Burke interview though: http://mapleleafs.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=802&id=46770

OK...I think my advice last night fell on some deaf ears, so I will repeat it bluntly for good measure.

1. Real life is not like whatever NHL video game you play.

2. NHL GMs are not stupid. What are you going to offer to them to get these picks?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are you going to offer to them to get these picks?

The honor of saying you've made a deal with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I thought Magnum PEI was a Flames fan, anyway. Or does all of English Canada root for the Leafs?

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

I thought Magnum PEI was a Flames fan, anyway. Or does all of English Canada root for the Leafs?

Ummm...not sure about the honor thing, but Toronto does have 8 legitimate starting defensemen...I'm sure one of them could be dealt, not for a first rounder (except Kaberle) but definitely seconds.

I hope Kessel does well, otherwise Burke will look like a complete idiot. He should add some spark to the Leafs offense. A line with him, Matt Stajan and Jason Blake would be a killer speed line.

Magnum PEI...that my new nickname or something. And I don't mind the Flames, but Dion Phaneuf is my favorite player so that probably why you'd call me a Flames fan.

As for the deal. Well Kessel was a first round pick in the first place, and I would think that if you were trading only for picks that they have enough talent on their roster to be able to get a 1st and 2nd round pick. I was just simply stating that picks are expendable. They are a lot easier to acquire then players are. (Unless the pick happens to be the 2009 1st/2nd overall pick)

I like where Burke is taking this team. Maybe if Burke gets lucky he can get a good playmaker to play with Kessel. Who knows, maybe he already has that player on his roster and just needs some time.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Magnum PEI...that my new nickname or something. And I don't mind the Flames, but Dion Phaneuf is my favorite player so that probably why you'd call me a Flames fan.

As for the deal. Well Kessel was a first round pick in the first place, and I would think that if you were trading only for picks that they have enough talent on their roster to be able to get a 1st and 2nd round pick. I was just simply stating that picks are expendable. They are a lot easier to acquire then players are. (Unless the pick happens to be the 2009 1st/2nd overall pick)

I like where Burke is taking this team. Maybe if Burke gets lucky he can get a good playmaker to play with Kessel. Who knows, maybe he already has that player on his roster and just needs some time.

Those who rely on "luck" frequently find themselves without it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

He did battle some injuries but even in the first few months it just wasn't the old Phaneuf if he can't get back his form of 2 years ago he becomes automatic trade bait and with the depth the Flames already have at defense Phaneuf could rake in an alright forward if somebody wants that contract but I'm hopeful he can get back to his almost Norris year.

Hockey games have three periods in them. Why don't your posts?

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

But who do the Leafs have that they could trade to acquire a 1st round pick?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Β 

Β 

Colton Orr.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Colton Orr.

By sending him to mug an NHL GM? Seems like the only way to get a first rounder for any transaction involving him.

In general, picks are extremely valueable and not being traded anywhere near as much since the salary cap was brought in. "Building through the draft" is the new NHL mantra. Burke has never been very good at that though, his draft record in Vancouver was pretty much terrible. Of course, that goes for most GMs in Canuck's history. Making trades is where Burke's real strength lies.

Colton Orr.

By sending him to mug an NHL GM? Seems like the only way to get a first rounder for any transaction involving him.

In general, picks are extremely valueable and not being traded anywhere near as much since the salary cap was brought in. "Building through the draft" is the new NHL mantra. Burke has never been very good at that though, his draft record in Vancouver was pretty much terrible. Of course, that goes for most GMs in Canuck's history. Making trades is where Burke's real strength lies.

sarcasm..

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

He did battle some injuries but even in the first few months it just wasn't the old Phaneuf if he can't get back his form of 2 years ago he becomes automatic trade bait and with the depth the Flames already have at defense Phaneuf could rake in an alright forward if somebody wants that contract but I'm hopeful he can get back to his almost Norris year.

WIN.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This is the POTD. I don't care what anyone else says.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The mod has spoken.

PostoftheDay.png

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Brooklyn Islanders? It could happen. (And before anyone says "Brooklyn Islanders would be a farce" you should realize that Brooklyn (and Queens for that matter) are GEOGRAPHICALLY part of Long Island, though it's not considered Long Island in "everyday use" until you get to Nassau county).

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2009/09/brooklyn-calling-on-the-islanderssource-nyi-wanted-to-join-nets-in-barclays-centre/

The Nets and Islanders shared the Nassau Mausoleum in the 70's remember...

In recent weeks, as the Town of Hempstead and Lighthouse developers continue to disagree on major aspects of the project, Brooklyn has emerged as a serious suitor for the Islanders. Wang has asked for certainty from the Town by Oct. 3, the day of his team?s home opener.

?Wang?s wish is still to keep the Islanders in Nassau County,? said the source. ?He won?t let his people talk to Kansas City or Brooklyn or anywhere else until his deadline passes. But if things continue the way they have with Hempstead, at least Charles has attractive options in New York.?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I was just catching up on the Oilers roster and noticed that Mike Comrie has made it full circle and once again is an Edmonton Oiler. After whining and bitching his way out of town almost a decade ago, it's real nice to see the son-of-a-bitch is back in his hometown where he will forever be a hated man. Welcome back, you :censored: bucket!

6uXNWAo.png

Archived