2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Sweet. Can't wait to argue some Canadians.

The Earth is flat...

The sun revolves around the earth... ;)

How can an object revolve around something that is flat?

I was trying to play along.

I know... I'm just trying to get into an argument for the sake of getting into an argument... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Realizing that the "Jim Balsillie purchases (insert Southern team here), moves them to Hamilton" meme has all but run out of gas, the HNIC boys have apparently manufactured a new plotline to keep the lower third of Canadians drooling.

Yes, according to Men In Suits In Front Of A Camera, an unnamed, Toronto-based group is in talks to buy the Thrashers and move them to Winnipeg. You know, in spite of the glaring, obvious reasons why putting an NHL team in Winnipeg would be a complete financial disaster, as discussed ad nauseam by some on these boards, myself included.

There was some talk of this back in May or June, but this unnamed group was also planning to move them to Hamilton....sort of a race to Hamilton between this group and Balsillie.

Just to end this talk right away, according to the agreement between the NHL and the current owners of the Thrashers, they can't sell or move the team for 10 years. We're only 5 years into this agreement.

After all the hoop-la about the Wings and all their Swedes heading to Stockholm they get skunked by the Blues.

Good times!

-Dan

Those two games ended up being awesome as both times, the Blues came back from a two goal deficit. Last season, we were 1-5 against the Wings, so this is a damn good start. The rink conditions were not good, however, which surprised me. The glass wasn't as high as normal & the Blues managed to get 2 delay of game penalties. In addition, they picked up a too-many-men penalty because Sydor's stick got wedged between the boards & ice as he was going off for a change. On the plus side, Sundin sure did get a good ovation when he came out for the puck drop.

Last night was great in Columbus. One of the quickest games I've been to but with it's share of action. Good to see Klesla score the GWG, the only player still remaining from the inaugural season. Also good to see he's signed for another 4 years.

Umberger has already given the Jackets a head start to seemingly lead the league in shorties.

6fQjS3M.png

Well the Ducks home opener was a rousing success... <_<

Offense - crisp as a soggy waffle. And apparently still likes fussing about behind the net without shooting.

Defense - lost and lazy

Ducks PP unit = Sharks PK unit

Hiller had trampolines in his pads

I know it's one game, and the Sharks had to prove they were better than their first game and wanted to beat the Ducks real bad, but the offensive system of chilling behind the net and not shooting and passing 5 times too many on the PP were problems for a majority of last year.

And Carlyle still has a double standard for the goalies. Now only one goal was truly Hiller's fault, but he did give up a lot of rebounds. Had Giguere given up 3 goals in the first period, he would have been yanked. But Carlyle let Hiller ride it out, when it was obvious he was quite scrambly all night and the Ducks weren't mentally ready for the game.

All I can say is, there are 81 games still to go...

I love opening night overreactions :D

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Last night was great in Columbus. One of the quickest games I've been to but with it's share of action. Good to see Klesla score the GWG, the only player still remaining from the inaugural season. Also good to see he's signed for another 4 years.

Umberger has already given the Jackets a head start to seemingly lead the league in shorties.

I was there also and it was a great atmosphere despite being played at exactly the same time as an Ohio State football game. I couldn't believe it, but it seems like people are actually excited about this team this year. And how the hell did Rick Nash not score on that play in the first period.

Also, RJ, that was a sick move on one of the best goalies in the league.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well the Ducks home opener was a rousing success... <_<

Offense - crisp as a soggy waffle. And apparently still likes fussing about behind the net without shooting.

Defense - lost and lazy

Ducks PP unit = Sharks PK unit

Hiller had trampolines in his pads

I know it's one game, and the Sharks had to prove they were better than their first game and wanted to beat the Ducks real bad, but the offensive system of chilling behind the net and not shooting and passing 5 times too many on the PP were problems for a majority of last year.

And Carlyle still has a double standard for the goalies. Now only one goal was truly Hiller's fault, but he did give up a lot of rebounds. Had Giguere given up 3 goals in the first period, he would have been yanked. But Carlyle let Hiller ride it out, when it was obvious he was quite scrambly all night and the Ducks weren't mentally ready for the game.

All I can say is, there are 81 games still to go...

I love opening night overreactions :D

Oh no, you should've watched the Kings debacle of an opening night game. A LITTLE FRIGGIN' DEFENSE WOULD BE NICE! Oh well, there's another game Tuesday night.

19 Year Old defenseman Michael Del Zotto now has 2 PPG and an assist for the Rangers. He's only really had one bad period coming in a blowout win over Ottawa the other night. He's really making a case to stick with the big club and not be sent back to Juniors...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Argh, why couldn't Nash have made that pass a fraction of a second quicker? lol

I'll take the goal any day but it would've been nice to see the second shortie of the year. We just like doing that...

I think I should cheer for Blue Jackets penalties...

Glad to be tied at the period after getting outplayed in the first.

6fQjS3M.png

Luongo had another one of his early season "episodes". The Blue Jackets scored three goals in the first 3 minutes of the second period and eventually won 5-3 despite being outshot by 20. Steve Mason looked great.

Now the Blue Jackets are off to their best start in franchise history...2-0-0. That's not a joke, this is the first time they've ever won the first two games.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well, so much for the Olympic camp and extra training fixing Roberto's slow start problem. Maybe he needs to start using a different calendar.

I'm gonna suggest the Mayan one.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Jackets have a lot more offense talent than most people give them credit for. The first two goals were pretty.

The first goal was the result of good defense and in a sense so was Huse's but they both made good plays when they got to the crease. Good to see Rusty getting some goals though early in the season... too bad I fell asleep during the 2nd intermission.

I really think that this team has a lot of potential this season.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived