2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Going to my first and probably only game of the season tomorrow. Maple Leafs @ Sabres. I may hate the Leafs, but any chance to watch an NHL game I will take.

Why do this to yourself? Go see the Marlies, they have a chance at winning.

I'm pretty sure he's not a Leafs fan. So he'd be going to the Sabres game cheering for Buffalo.

Hi, how are you?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to the Pens/Jackets game last night in Columbus. Once again, nothing but good things to say about the city and its arena.

And god damn what a game. I really wish these teams were in the same conference. This would be a great rivalry.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Buffalo won in OT over the Leafs.

This will be a long year in Toronto.

The ONLY positive - we didn't lose in regulation. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Went to the Pens/Jackets game last night in Columbus. Once again, nothing but good things to say about the city and its arena.

And god damn what a game. I really wish these teams were in the same conference. This would be a great rivalry.

+1. But let's not piss everyone off with a Reel-a-Line-Mint thread :P

6fQjS3M.png

I hope the Wild are just getting off to a slow start, or they'll be in for a long season as well. Though I had a feeling this was coming with a change in philosophy from defense first to offense and all.

Not changing until the Dallas Stars give all their pre-Dallas history, logos, colors, unis, name, etc. to the Minnesota Wild.

If you want to get into semantics, everyone is in for a long season because of the Olympic recess. When's Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final? July 4th?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Olympics will have a slight adjustment of the regular season as it will end one week later, other than that it's the same as it's always been. They just cram more games into the week. Before you complain about the NHL season, don't pitchers and catchers report for spring training the week after the World Series ends?

The Olympics will have a slight adjustment of the regular season as it will end one week later, other than that it's the same as it's always been. They just cram more games into the week. Before you complain about the NHL season, don't pitchers and catchers report for spring training the week after the World Series ends?

Pretty much, and I find that ridiculous as well. I blame the World Baseball Classic, which is sort of to Olympics what Hydrox is to Oreo.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Actually, it's not the World Baseball Classic's fault that the World Series is now being played in November. It's 100% Bud Selig's fault. It's expansion and the Wild Card and the expanded playoffs that has pushed the World Series into November. Then again the World Baseball Classic is Selig's too, but it's not the reason baseball is played in November.

Actually, it's not the World Baseball Classic's fault that the World Series is now being played in November. It's 100% Bud Selig's fault. It's expansion and the Wild Card and the expanded playoffs that has pushed the World Series into November. Then again the World Baseball Classic is Selig's too, but it's not the reason baseball is played in November.

Not quite. Even if the Divisional Playoffs were lengthened to a seven-game series, it would be possible to complete the entire playoffs in the month of October. If each round does a simple 2-3-2 format with days off only for travel, each round would last 9 days. 9 days per round x 3 rounds = 27 days. Add 2 days for travel between rounds and we're up to 29. Remember, that's with 7-game series in each round. We save 2 days since the first round can only go 5 games (7 days total using a 2-2-1).

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Crazy game, this ice hockey... The Minnesota Wild go into the defending champs' barn, get outshot 35-15 by the Pens, yet still (finally!) come away with their first road win of the season.

Was at this game. Mad chances by the pens, cant convert. Backstrom played great to. Play this game 20 times, the pens win it maybe 15. Nothing to get upset about.

And damn does our powerplay look lost without Gonchar and Malkin.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Going to my first and probably only game of the season tomorrow. Maple Leafs @ Sabres. I may hate the Leafs, but any chance to watch an NHL game I will take.

Why do this to yourself? Go see the Marlies, they have a chance at winning.

I'm pretty sure he's not a Leafs fan. So he'd be going to the Sabres game cheering for Buffalo.

You were kinda right. I hate the Leafs, but I brought my girlfriend for her first ever hockey game, and shes a big Leafs fan. It wasn't a pretty game, but it was entertaining, and the last minute goal was great.

1zqy8ok.gif

Caps Nation holds its breath as Ovie leaves at 6:10 of the 2nd period with the trainer in tow. Could be an arm or upper pectoral injury the MSM blogs are saying...ruh roh.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Caps Nation holds its breath as Ovie leaves at 6:10 of the 2nd period with the trainer in tow. Could be an arm or upper pectoral injury the MSM blogs are saying...ruh roh.

Oh crap. Hope it's not as bad as it seems. Maybe the bandwagon can finally get a bit lighter now.

Oh crap. Hope it's not as bad as it seems. Maybe the bandwagon can finally get a bit lighter now.

Yeah, I hate it when my two favorite teams play when something like this happens.

6fQjS3M.png

It was nearly the exact same game as last season except this time Pittsburgh took the shootout. I'd love for the Blue Jackets to be in the eastern conference once the Islanders move to KC, it would certainly be better for travel, but the league would probably transfer Detroit before they would transfer the Jackets and who knows what the hell is going to happen with the Coyotes. I think it's a little silly that the two conferences don't play each other more often. Pittsburgh is the closest NHL city in relation to Columbus, but they play once, maybe twice a season.

And then tonight the Blue Jackets performed the great escape in Washington. They were up 2-1 after 2 and then Washington Scored 2 goals in 2 minutes. Down 3-2 with 8 to go Raffi Torres put in a wraparound, but Washington came back and scored on a bouncing rebound off of Steve Mason. They pulled the goalie and on a power play had a two man advantage. Mr. Clutch, Raffi Torres put in another goal to tie it with 22 seconds left. On the power play in OT, Umberger pounded home a great feed from Rick Nash for the winner. I love to see a team play with some heart.

also, Ovechkin left in the 2nd period and did not return. They're saying it's a shoulder injury.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Injuries plus horrible goaltending and defense could equal a long year for the wings.

Unlikely.

If they do struggle, they will get the 8th seed and knock out the Sharks in the first round......

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived