2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

You really only have like two more years of Giguere in his prime, if that. He's almost 33. A lot needs to happen for the Ducks to contend between now and 2012.

Which I'm fine with too, if that's what happens. By that time, Pielmeier should be developed.

He is the #1 German goaltending prospect, and, even though it was preseason, Pielmeier looked extremely promising in the preseason.

All I've heard is high hopes for him. He apparently has a very high ceiling for talent.

Plus, I think Giguere will be fine for a few years after that as well. He should be fine at least until 35.

And really, I think that the Ducks aren't as far off as this season tells. But then again, the will be loosing Niedermayer and Selanne after this season.

Really it all depends on what Bob Murray and the front office wants to do.

With the young core the Ducks have, I think that it'd be dumb to blow the thing up and rebuild. Despite the struggles, I think and from what I can tell the front office believes that the Ducks aren't that far from contending again. Getzlaf-Perry-Ryan up front along with the defensive core and an abundance of talent in the minors should keep the Ducks in a good enough position. Like I said, they need to add some good veteran players. Not the old vets, but the fully developed good players. They need a true shutdown defenseman, another mid-level defenseman, and a solid second line center. Possibly another winger. The role players can be filled within or made a dime a dozen.

Oh and Randy Carlyle needs to be fired so the Ducks can break free of his restrictive reigns and burst out. But I'm just tired of complaining about him.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I'm a Ranger fan my dad's company used to have season tickets to the Meadowlands right behind the Devils twice-defended side (14th row) so I got a heavy dose of Brodeur from a very early age, for as long as I can remember. He really is the best. What else can you say? Congrats.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Marty Brodeur has just broken Terry Sawchuk's record for career shutouts! A record that was thought unbreakable just a few years ago has been broken! 104 and counting is the new mark!

... and they did it against the Penguins, no less. Way to go Marty!

I saw, I came, I left.

Marty Brodeur has just broken Terry Sawchuk's record for career shutouts! A record that was thought unbreakable just a few years ago has been broken! 104 and counting is the new mark!

... and they did it against the Penguins, no less. Way to go Marty!

Congrats Marty!

Brodeur is the greatest goalie ever. It's a shame that he plays for the crap organization that is the Devils. The team is good every year, with Brodeur being a huge reason, but the management and fans are garbage.

I'll be honest, I might be more excited for the BC/BU outdoor game than I am the Bruins/Flyers one.

Thanks for being honest and letting us know how up front and truthful you were going to be. If you didn't tell us you were going to let us know how you really felt, then I would have undoubtedly questioned your motives and jumped to myriad conclusions about what your intent was. Thank you.

I'll be honest, I might be more excited for the BC/BU outdoor game than I am the Bruins/Flyers one.

Thanks for being honest and letting us know how up front and truthful you were going to be. If you didn't tell us you were going to let us know how you really felt, then I would have undoubtedly questioned your motives and jumped to myriad conclusions about what your intent was. Thank you.

You have a problem? Ease up a little.

Thanks.

P.S. I'd still take Patrick Roy!

I wouldn't. I hold the 1998 and 2002 Olympic tournaments up as evidence. Heck, Roy flat out refused to play for Canada in 2002, so even if you would take him over Brodeur you probably couldn't get him.

Brodeur all the way.

Brodeur is the greatest goalie ever. It's a shame that he plays for the crap organization that is the Devils. The team is good every year, with Brodeur being a huge reason, but the management and fans are garbage.

Devils management is pretty classy, hate to break it to you. The team's fantastically run. I wish we had their management in Toronto. As for fans, I've only met a few in real life, and a few here, and they all seem very passionate/knowledgeable of the game.

Sometimes the Devils can be a bit tight with the money, but perhaps they can't help that, and they are without a doubt a model franchise. I never have to really worry about the decisions they make.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

And in other news, how much worse can it get for the Jackets?

They are a complete mystery. They jump out to their best start ever, one of the top teams in the western conference and less than a month later they're on a seven game losing streak and playing with absolutely zero confidence. It's so bizarre. The only thing I can think is that Hitchcock has lost the team. They aren't listening to him anymore and the nobody looks like they want to play hard for him. I think a coaching change should be in the Blue Jackets near future. How do you go from being a serious playoff contender to playing like the worst team in the league in three weeks without any major injuries? It has to be a mental thing.

I'm never the "fire the coach, it's his fault, he sucks!" guy, but I've never seen anything quite like what the Blue Jackets are going through. I think if they get a fresh voice behind the bench, and someone who doesn't change lines shift-to-shift then you would see a total attitude change. I'd like to think it would be similar to what the Penguins did last year after their midseason coaching change. The problem is that I don't think that Scott Howson has the authority on his own to fire Ken Hitchcock and I think the ownership (who know absolutely nothing about hockey. see: "detroit blue devils" incident) would need to see a really bad season to the end before they get rid of him.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Blue Jackets are basically Nash, Mason, and bodies. Not really set up to handle bumps in the road.

I realize they don't have a lot of big names, but this is basically the same roster that went to the playoffs last year. What was great about them last year was that they outworked so many teams and they rarely had a bad loss, meaning they were always in the game in the third period. As someone who watches all their games, it's not that they're losing, it's that they're losing badly. They give up way too many first period goals, it looks like guys aren't trying hard, and it also looks like they don't seem to care either. They've had a bunch of games already this season where they go into the third facing three and four goal deficits. I'm not expecting them to win the president's trophy or even contend for one of the top 4 playoff spots, I just want to know where the team with heart went.

There have been lots of reports in the paper that there is locker room turmoil anyways.

PvO6ZWJ.png

P.S. I'd still take Patrick Roy!

I wouldn't. I hold the 1998 and 2002 Olympic tournaments up as evidence. Heck, Roy flat out refused to play for Canada in 2002, so even if you would take him over Brodeur you probably couldn't get him.

Brodeur all the way.

Game 7 2001 Stanley Cup Finals!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived