Bull Logo

hettinger_rl

make the outer line much thicker. but I really like the intensity and the angle of the bull here. add another color maybe too. i dont think this works as a basketball logo. at least not as it is now. but football of college for sure. this has a lot of potential once you turn it into logo form and not just a shadow drawing

Added thicker line and color. USF Bulls and Nebraska-Omaha. Any particular details that could be pulled? Specific spots? Also I want to crop the head as a separate logo, but what can I do about the one ear that looks missing? Thanks for the comments.

bull3_vectorizedc1_vectorized.png

bull3_vectorizedr1_vectorized.png

Too bad Wal-Mart has this logo wrapped up for its jerky brand. Would make a great secondary logo.

Jerky2_vectorized_vectorized.png

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

You're going to have to redrawn the head separately, if I was being totally honest I would suggest redrawing the whole thing. It's a great looking Bull but it looks to me like it's been live traced, would I be right?

There are so many sharp angles in there, so many inset paths that dont match exactly and other little tell tale areas that make me think that this was scanned and auto traced. There's nothing wrong with working from old reference materials, research is one of the most important things any designer can do, and I can see from areas of it that you have changed bits up and adjusted it so it's not a rip job, I'm not accusing you of that, I just think you'd get cleaner results and have an easier job taking just the head off as a secondary logo if you had drawn the thing from scratch yourself.

The great logos are clean smooth and all insets, such as the white inside the black outline of the horns, match exactly, right now there are just so many differences in the current version that I fear you could be there forever trying to fix them all and still not be able to get everything to match exactly. If I were you I'd take what you have use it as a template and redraw the whole thing from scratch and clean it up that way, I think it'll be quicker at the end of the day and it will improve your drawing skills as well which is always a massive bonus, I still enjoy redrawing logos myself rather than live tracing just so I can tighten my skills.

But you're right that bull is just screaming out to be used as a sports logo of one kind or another and looking forward to seeing where you take this.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

i agree with what 9erstever said. also the horns look too different to me. make them match more in size and style when you fix/redraw this. the tail could be smoother rather than rough as it is now. that goes for the whole thing. i love the angle and the intensity at which the bull is coming at the viewer. everything is there for this to be turned into a sweet logo.

Too little? Did I take away too much? I'm an art teacher and I'm using this in one of my classes to teach color theory. So I had to really simplify it so the students could paint it on a sheet of paper. Let me know if some of the little details should be put back in.

BullScan3_vectorized.png

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I'm so sick of this crap that's seems to be the new fad, "It's too detailed to be a good logo." That is pure BS! A good logo is a good logo, no matter how detailed it is. If it works, it works. There is no one right way to do a logo. The first version was excellent and honestly, making it less detailed just made it blah. Go back to the first logo as it was dam good!

I'm so sick of this crap that's seems to be the new fad, "It's too detailed to be a good logo." That is pure BS! A good logo is a good logo, no matter how detailed it is. If it works, it works. There is no one right way to do a logo. The first version was excellent and honestly, making it less detailed just made it blah. Go back to the first logo as it was dam good!

I think you'd change your stance if you ever had a logo of yours embroidered. The reason that simplification is so highly touted is that a a good logo must be dynamic at 3 inches wide, as well as 3 feet wide. I also really like the original rendering, but it simply wasn't practical as a logo.

Archived