NFL Weekly Uniforms Notes

Dodger

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that Josh Cribbs appeared to be wearing cutoff socks on his arms on Sunday. I haven't had time to look for a pic, but he was wearing "sleeves" from just above his elbows to his wrists that had stripes matching the Browns' white socks. My only guess is that he cut the feet off of a pair of socks and wore them on his arms.

21017.a.jpg

Thank you.

The picture is interesting. The sleeves appear to have some sort of cuff like the sleeves on a long sleeve shirt.

Aren't those called "forearm shivers" or something like that?

Aren't the socks usually two parts?

The white bottom sock, then the part with the color or design is like a sleeve over your leg, right?

You can kinda see here:

braylon-edwards.jpg

In that case, I would think Josh probably just took a couple pairs of the 'sleeve-part' and used them on his arms instead of legs.

Btw, I think it looked super slick, with the arm stripes, sleeve stripes, and sock stripes. Especially as he ran for that TD return.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LewJ, I think they're all different.

I know that the "stock" socks are actually one piece - a single sock with a white bottom and colored top. There's plenty of places on the web where you can buy "pro-style" socks.

However, as we've seen, many players don't use the stock socks, opting to either wear tights with white socks pulled up over the bottoms, or "leg warmer" style colored parts with white pulled up, or even probably some other variations.

Some players also have colored material sewed into the bottom of their pants just incase the top part of their sock falls down, their leg will still be covered. In this case, what you see as the "sock" might actually be three parts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Browns, especially Josh Cribbs are challenging DennisBergan's belief that "players don't like striped socks. they are out of style". I think players don't want to look like clowns because reportedly the Broncos throwbacks are very unpopular in the locker room.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Browns, especially Josh Cribbs are challenging DennisBergan's belief that "players don't like striped socks. they are out of style".

They don't.

I am sure with Mangini, he is giving the Browns no choice in the matter. They will only wear the striped socks with the brown pants.

Remember, when they originally wore the brown pants last year in the preseason, they wore them with the solid brown socks.

Also, some players (like Braylon Edwards, Cribbs and Portis to name 3) are just trying to stand out and do something to get attention. The goofier, the better. There is no bigger uniform goof, then Portis.

The Browns, especially Josh Cribbs are challenging DennisBergan's belief that "players don't like striped socks. they are out of style".

They don't.

I am sure with Mangini, he is giving the Browns no choice in the matter. They will only wear the striped socks with the brown pants.

Remember, when they originally wore the brown pants last year in the preseason, they wore them with the solid brown socks.

Also, some players (like Braylon Edwards, Cribbs and Portis to name 3) are just trying to stand out and do something to get attention. The goofier, the better. There is no bigger uniform goof, then Portis.

You say "they don't" and "I'm sure".

What makes you so confident?

They don't.

You say "they don't" and "I'm sure".

What makes you so confident?

What, you've never read any of his posts before? He's always this annoying and condesending.

PH2005111002040.jpg

Is there skin showing between his shoe and the "socks"? :blink:

Why yes, there does appear to be. How strange.

When I was in college, I was an equipment manager to a college hockey team. All the players went barefoot under their skates (with the tightest skate fit possible... it was painful just to watch them jam the skates on). The socks ended at the ankle. Maybe this is what Portis is doing? You know, when he isn't campaigning to ruin the Redskins' look?

Archived