New Nebraska Basketball Uniforms

huskeraddict

.......OOOOH NO! black?!?!

i rarely utter noises when i sit by myself at my computer desk,

but when i opened this up the first thing i did was go, "uuhhhhhhhh!"

black!!?!?! are u kidding?!?! this isnt louisville!!!!! :cursing:

disgusting. Nebraska should wear plain red and white uniforms

For me, it's not simply a problem of using black. It's a problem of using it in a way that makes it look completely out of place and unnecessary, and that sure looks like the case here.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Feels like they are straying far from their brand by adding so much black. Some teams "own" the one color branding very well. Texas, Penn State, Oklahoma, Duke, NYJets, etc. Granted some have been sprinkling in black like Duke but I feel like Nebraska keeps adding more and more. Should stick to red and white.

Take away the black and these unis still look like sh**.

I would love to see more teams bite Oklahoma's stripes. Now that's a good looking uniform. Perfect for "blank-and-white" teams (except that OU's colors are supposedly crimson and cream, but let's not worry about that right now).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

For me, it's not simply a problem of using black. It's a problem of using it in a way that makes it look completely out of place and unnecessary, and that sure looks like the case here.

This. Black, by itself, isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the red side panels on the tops and the black side panels on the shorts? Yeah, no.

Take away the black and these unis still look like sh**.

Agreed. A bad uniform is just a bad uniform. The black just makes it look worse. They went from having a bad uniform to even worse.

Archived