New Liberal Party of Canada logo

IceCap

So the Grits have revamped their party logo, presumably to distance Michael Ignatieff's leadership era from the disastrous tenure of Stephan Dion.

Old....

liberal_party_of_canada.png

New....

lib_logo_red.png

The logos of the Conservatives, New Democrats, and Greens for comparison....

CopyofConservativePartyCanada.png

CopyofNewDemocraticPartyCanada.png

GreenPartyCanada.png

Is it just me or does the new Liberal logo purposely use the stem of the leaf to act as an accent on the top of the "e"? Appealing to Quebec perhaps?

I'm sure it's intentional, but I don't think it's pandering to Quebeckers. It's more likely just so they can have one consistent logo right across Canada, rather than having to create a separate one with an accent to use in Quebec.

Its very interesting to see a political party almost regressing to something more old fashioned looking, particularly with such a traditional looking font. I quite like it though.

My thoughts are that they're "going retro" (the simple font, faded red, "old-style" maple leaf) to remind people that they're, or at least used to be, regarded as the "natural" governing party of Canada. There's a pretty strong consensus among the Liberal ranks that Harper's Conservative win in 2006 was the result of the sponsorship scandal, and that his increased minority win in 2008 was the result of poor leadership/character assassination from/of Stephan Dion. It's almost taken for granted among Grits these days that Iggy's a return to normalcy (to borrow a phrase from Warren Harding) and that once Canadians have their senses returned they'll vote for the Big Red Machine once again. And I think the new logo represents that, a return to normalcy.

Of course I'm a Liberal supporter who Iggy's driving away, but whatever. The branding strategy's still a good one.

And, the new Saskatchewan Liberals Logo, formerly known as the Saskatchewan Liberal Association. The party is no longer affiliated with the federal party, which means actual Liberalism may be incorporated.

saskliberals.gif

Old logo:

http://www.saskliberal.ca/assets/toplogos_anim2.gif

Spoiler

Β 

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

And, the new Saskatchewan Liberals Logo, formerly known as the Saskatchewan Liberal Association. The party is no longer affiliated with the federal party, which means actual Liberalism may be incorporated.

Note: The old Sask Lib Logo is an animation, so please wait for it to change over from the old Federal logo.

saskliberals.gif

Old logo:

toplogos_anim2.gif

The others:

Official Opposition

colour_logos.png

Government

header_logo.gif

Other Third Parties with no seats:

GPS_logo_New_700.gif

PClogoSK.jpg

n2773787138_9177.jpg

top6.png

Spoiler

Β 

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

PClogoSK.jpg

I like the arrows, just in case we didn't know which direction the party goes :lol:

The funny part about this party is that they currently have about $3 Million in a bank account, earning nearly $100,000 in interest annually. The account is tied up due to the PC scandal that occurred in the 1980s...the Sask Party would likely have a claim to it, except they don't want to touch the money (and frankly don't need it). The Sask Party was formed by all the leftover PCs who weren't jailed or connected to the scandal, and disgruntled Liberals.

The PC party was de-registered, and noted as inactive for quite a time, but is now active again, and they've been in court for 3 years now trying to unlock the money. The courts won't hand it over, claiming the money belongs to those who raised it (old PCers now in the SaskParty), and the current PC Party is not the same as the old one. Meanwhile, the SaskParty won't pursue it because of all the negative feelings the public still have with 1980s Devine gov't.

One can be assurred that if the PC Party got the money back, their logo would receive a huge update.

Spoiler

Β 

top6.png

Ok....4 stars are British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba I presume. The other two are Yukon and Northwest Territories?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived