Nh Fisher Cats

slapshot

Hi guys

I bought MVP Baseball 2004 for my PS2. I was playing an exhibition game between the Portland Sea Dogs and the New Hampshire Fisher Cats. I noticed some weird things about these teams.

Portland has names on the backs of the jerseys, but not in the game.

NH uniforms were presented as "Fisher Cats" in a generic script.

NH in-game graphics showed the Primaries logo.

At the end of the game, the PA Announcer listed NH as "New Haven Ravens".

Anyone else have the game and find similar goofs? (uniform/logo-wise only, I've heard plenty else about actual gameplay ^_^ )

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Hi guys

I bought MVP Baseball 2004 for my PS2. I was playing an exhibition game between the Portland Sea Dogs and the New Hampshire Fisher Cats. I noticed some weird things about these teams.

Anyone else have the game and find similar goofs? (uniform/logo-wise only, I've heard plenty else about actual gameplay ^_^ )

This is why I hate software companies that rush out programs before they're ready to be released.

Chances are that they just wanted to get the damned thing on the streets, so they slapped it all together without the proper graphics, voiceovers, etc.

Don't worry, it'll likely be patched. Then patched again. Then re-patched.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm not sure exactly how precise EA is being with these minor league uniforms. I have the XBox version which I played for the first time yesterday - Charlotte "at" Oklahoma ("at" being in quotes because you only have a choice of 3 AAA and 3 AA generic stadiums rather than reproductions of each minor league park). It seems to me that there are probably a lot of cut corners with the minor league stuff- the Charlotte road uniforms were simply gray versions of the home rather than the actual uniforms the team wears. Nonetheless, it's still very cool to have the AAA and AA systems to enhance the game. My biggest issue with the quality of play at the MLB level is that there doesn't appear to be any sensitivity to attendance figures like some of the other EA games. Why else would Busch Stadium not be full for opening day? Also, the stadiums seem a bit washed out - dingy even, not nearly as vibrant as they have been in past games.

All in all, I do have to say this is a great baseball game. I just need to accumulate enough points to unlock Sportsmans Park!

im getting it for easter so ill check it out when i get it.

also, when i was matching "Making the Game" on MTV for NBA Ballers i noticed that on the lebron jersey, they had the new unis but the old numbers, with the line in the middle of each number. i may have been looking fast but when i get it ill make sure.

EDIT - yep, i was rite

579797_20031202_screen011.jpg

untitled-1.png

i've heard plenty about MVP's many glitches too...so I haven't even bothered to rent. besides, I got my baseball game this year, don't need two.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

There are a few other uniform glitches in MVP, but they're small. For example, the '80s style polyster pullovers -- '84 Twins, '85 Royals, Mariners -- are shown as button downs in the game.

But really, all of these are minor glitches. I, too, wish they hadn't rushed the game out so quickly (especially since the rosters we set pre-AROD on Jan. 15). But overall it's probably the best baseball game i've played. The addition of the minor leagues, while not precise in detail, is a brilliant idea that adds unprecedented depth.

I feel dumb to write so eloquently about a video game. I'm such a kid.

There are a few other uniform glitches in MVP, but they're small. For example, the '80s style polyster pullovers -- '84 Twins, '85 Royals, Mariners -- are shown as button downs in the game.

But really, all of these are minor glitches. I, too, wish they hadn't rushed the game out so quickly (especially since the rosters we set pre-AROD on Jan. 15). But overall it's probably the best baseball game i've played. The addition of the minor leagues, while not precise in detail, is a brilliant idea that adds unprecedented depth.

I feel dumb to write so eloquently about a video game. I'm such a kid.

don't worry bout it, a lot of us here like gaming too. long as there's a thread up, been playing MLB 2005, and in franchise mode i played opening day in Cincy (Cubs are me) and to my surprise, both teams were wearing the following:

Cubs: 1906 roads-solid black hat, gray roads w/CHICAGO on front

Reds: 1908 homes-red hat w/white piping, white homes w/red collar and stylized red C....and for both, the requisite high socks, black spikes, early 1900s gloves and mostly throwback catcher's gear. oh, no batting helmets either (throwback unis in MLB are divided into golden era and silver era, the golden era gives you the throwback equipment to go with while silver era, modern equipment is used)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The depth I could go into about video games is amazing. But I shall spare you all.

I had Miles on my team in NBA Inside Drive. He led the league in scoring... problem was, he couldn't shoot from outside of 3 feet, especially not free throws. So he led the league in points in the paint as well.

IUe6Hvh.png

Hi guys

I had the PC version and to be honest, what's the worst about the NH Fisher Cats logo is they're using the New Hampshire Primaries logo - the original name of the club - and they never changed it.

Talk about sloppy. That's sloppy. But yeah, MVP is full of issues like when you win the World Series, there is no hoopla and the announcer is like

"they win the series 3 games to whatever" not 4 games.

Grr...sloppy.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

You know, there are lot more people out there who would have been griping if the game was held up for a couple weeks because they were waiting on MINOR LEAGUE UNIFORMS than there are of us logophiles. Geez, we still aren't sure on what colors the Blue Jays are going to be using, so should the game still not be released? Cut them some slack as far as logos and such go.

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

You know, there are lot more people out there who would have been griping if the game was held up for a couple weeks because they were waiting on MINOR LEAGUE UNIFORMS than there are of us logophiles.

You make a very good point.

I played MVP Baseball about two weeks ago... rented it, since I refuse to ever buy another sports game. The uniform textures were TERRIBLE. Just once, I'd like to see some decent looking uniforms in a sports game. A black batting helmet looks like a mid-range grey, and the logos are so horribly rendered on the game, it's pathetic. No one takes any time to perfect the details of such things. Even the game's mechanics are sad. I had my batting contact power down to about -30 after belting four or five home runs in a row (including one from my pitcher), and I was STILL hitting home runs. That and I pitched about 3 no-hitters in a row. After that, I took the game back since it was completely boring to me at that point.

Oh, and something about sports games in general: why is there NEVER a decent celebration when you win a championship?? I spend countless hours and hours playing a whole season and I get maybe a 5-10 seconds glimpse of a trophy? SCREW THAT! I want like a 15-20 minute long montage with all my greatest highlights from my season. I want award ceremonies on the field. I want pageantry and I want ALL THE FREAKING GLORY. The endings are always so unfulfilling in sports games. Every single one.

Best one ever though was NHL 94 when the team skates around the ice holding a pixellated Stanley Cup. ^_^

I agree Nitro... celebrations are sad. Madden had it down pretty good with high-intensity video footage of past SB's and teams with the Lombardi Trophy, but now that's given way to a weak celebration which is hardly different than the regular game winning celebration except one team holds the trophy.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

NHL 2004's stanley cup celebration is really kick a$$ though with the handshake, winning team hugs and hats, the captian getting the pic with the stanley cup and then when the wole team goes for the pic the pic is taken then...the playoff stats of each player and goalie!!! NHL 2004 has the best championship celebration EVER

spacer.png

Best one ever though was NHL 94 when the team skates around the ice holding a pixellated Stanley Cup. ^_^

i was just gunna say that ^_^

i rarely play PS2 ne more bc of school but i know ill play MVP Baseball when i get it. with video games i like alot of extra features like celebrations and also pickup games in baseball like in Allstar baseball.

some1 should create the greatest baseball game there is with perfect dtails and everything

untitled-1.png

Man, Football Pro '98. Crappy game, but the celebration adfter you win the Super Bowl was just great. 5 minutes of showing the trophy, say congrats and stuff, showing your roster, all the good stuff.

Archived