Milwaukee Bucks Re-Brand

bohob

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE TIME!

Thanks to all who've commented. Brave-Bird, I understand what you mean with the proportions. I have updated the primary accordingly. I have also adjusted the wordmark to feature the antler B instead of the whole deer head. I would still like more advice on the secondary logo options and color options. I still plan on doing a partial logo of just the head as well. C&C please.

bucks_primary.jpg

bucks_wordmark2.jpg

I think this is looking really good - one suggestion I would have is too change the way the antlers attach to the "B" (an idea I really like btw).

I think I would prefer it if the curve of the antler went all the way to the upright line of the "B" rather than stopping at the serif. I hope that makes sense.

More updates? First off, since there was no runaway favorite to the color scheme questions, I chose orange. Two reasons: 1) As much as I like the gold, I wanted to reserve the option to use gold should I eventually do a Celtics concept. 2) I think it would be a great idea to see Bucks fans rocking the blaze orange at home games. I cleaned up a few details within the primary, but it is largely unchanged. The B and wordmark have a new termination where the antlers meet the serif. I am going to start uniforms now that I have a template, so look for those in the near future. C&C please.

bucks_id.jpg

I love the orange, perfect for all of us blaze orange sporting Sconnies. Have you seen a Packer game lately? more blaze orange than green or gold. I like the logo and would like to see the head and a basketball together. The neck already has some lines that could work to create a basketball, and this would provide for more orange. Good concept overall. I can't wait to see some uniforms.

I would drop the Light Green ASAP. Go with Green, Blaze Orange, and Silver. It would look killer. I also had a vision of the Buck head and a basketball. If you look at the head you have there, there is a clear circle shape made by the left side of the neck. I would put a basketball behind the head, using that left side as the left side of the circle. Sort of like the Senators logo, but not really. I would obviously make the ball Orange, with Green details and a Silver outline. The Silver outline would be around the whole logo. This could just be a partial or secondary logo, but I think it is worth a try. I also think the color scheme would work out very well for the great logo you have made.

I hate to do this to you, since youve been working on fine-tuning this logos for awhile now, but I dont think the newest version of the primary is an upgade to what you had before. to me the one labeled partial logo is the best (or any of your previous versions where we could see the neck come to a point like the washington huskies logo). the reason being is that we can see the neck come to a point and finished in the partial. the primary, as you have labeled it now with the wordmark, gets thinner down the neck yet we cant see the conclusion of the neck and the point, so it leads the viwer to believe that there is a body and the neck should get thicker leading to the body. so it doesnt make sense for the neck to get thinner like a "genie out of a lamp" if we cant see the point. if that makes any sense. also im not a fan of the gap between his lower jaw and the wordmark. i actually think the idea of mccrosby of having a basketball finish out the logo of the primary since the left side of the buck's head is alread circular and having a basketball complete the circle on the right or lower right might look nice.. if it doesnt look forced. sorry to get so long and preachy here but i just think that what you have is so close to being great IMO and the small details are making the difference. the partial alone is awesome.

Jaha, I understand what you mean about the neck, it is updated below (and don't feel bad, C&C is what I wanted from this in the first place!). I couldn't fit a basketball into the background without it looking a bit too busy. I was hesitant to even try because so many NBA logos have basketballs in them, and I find it refreshing when a team doesn't use one. I have also included more color options, which I would like input on (go ahead, vote). I don't want to make it a poll because I think it can be a cheap way to keep a thread on the first page, so please just vote as a reply. C&C please.

bucks_primary2.jpg

OK. I've finalized that logo set. I ended up keep the forest, lime, and orange scheme.

bucks_id2.jpg

Now, here are the uniforms. I went with a design similar to the 80s uniforms in theory, but definitely more modern. The striping pattern featured on the sides is also on the collar. I wasn't sure if I should bring it around to the back of the collar as well or not, but left it off. I may change my mind on that. I will have alternate uniforms at a later date. Thanks to rmered for the template. C&C please.

bucks_unis.jpg

I like the uniforms, but the only things I'd change is removing the "MKE" from the shorts (it works with Atlanta because people actually call it "the ATL") and putting more orange on the uniforms because right now it really looks forced and out of place.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I think this is near perfect. The only think I'd do is drop the MKE from the shorts...

Also, you think we could see that same set, with the orange and lime green flip-flopped?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

i really like these jerseys. nice job! i like these better than the ones they wear for real with the thick red lines around the shoulders. althoughs those are ok too. i like the home uniform option 1 and away 1 the best. the style is mondern yet it reminds me so much of those jerseys they wore in the 1980s (when they were actually pretty freakin good year after year). i didnt mind the MKE but i think the others are right in saying that people dont call it that often. i only see it at the airport. but do people actually say "PHX" for phoenix? i never hear but the suns still use it. so maybe MKE is ok...

Weird, I like home uniform 2, but road uniform 1.

Nice work on all of this though, it looks really good, and i think the orange works great for the bucks

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

With so much effort put into this, I would say that I hate to do this, but after reading this whole thread and all the "love" you've gotten for this logo, I'm shocked at the members of this board and how no one has seen the huge flaws with the logo. I'm not trying to be mean, but someone needs to say this. This is a very awkward looking logo. You have a very visually unappealing logo as it's a beheaded deer with one antler and possibly one ear. I can understand the one ear possibly being hidden by the head, but one antler? The way you have the "neck" makes it look bad and unstable and it also seems too thin for the neck of a mature deer/buck. You've honestly whether it was your intention, but you've copied one of the worst logos in the Southern Miss Eagle logo. The ear doesn't fit the head as it's pointed while the rest of the head that is rounded, then again the antlers fit that bill also. Your wordmark is great, but the buck logo needs to be reworked. I'm not saying your bad or anything like that, and if people want to blast me because I pointed out things that need to be improved, so be it. I tell you this to help you make your design better.

Archived