Milwaukee Bucks Re-Brand

bohob

Well,

I'v had an idea like this for a while now, so I figured I would put it on paper (and then screen) and get some C&C. As for colors, I've always enjoyed the use of red and lime in the Bucks scheme. It makes it less yuletide-y. Let me know what you think.

bucks_start.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So these Milwaukee Bucks you speak of... is that like a City League team or something? :D

I definitely love the idea of adding lime green. The double green jerseys (with the green rainbow-type pattern on the sides) are some of my favorite NBA unis of all time. And that's not even the homer in me speaking (although I do feel like they lost a huge part of their idenity when they ditched them in favor of those ridiculous purple "jammies").

That said, I'm not so sure this is an upgrade... even if it would mean they wouldn't have to use the Jagermeister deer's stepbrother anymore. Maybe you could try using a more defined eye?

this has loads of potential...the general shape is perfect, with some tweaking of some of the shading/design for the face it could be a real beaut!

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Yeah I agree with what nyy said. The general shape of the jaw and mouth area could use some more definition. Also, I like the second version because I think red belongs in their color scheme, but I don't think it meshes well with the lighter shade of green used as accents. Maybe using white in the accents? Hope thats not too much C+C but I think you have a good thing going here and with a little refining it can become a really good concept.

I think the red should be darker, but this is well done, reminds me of the Washington Huskies, mostly just because it looks sleek and is facing the same direction their huskie logo faces. Gold would be interesting to see as well, but I think a darker red would look nice, I really like what they already have.

That looks pretty slick. A few more improvements in a few places and it will look great.

I originally hated the Bucks' current logo, but I've really warmed up to it in the past few years. This is a very worth replacement, though.

I originally hated the Bucks' current logo, but I've really warmed up to it in the past few years.

I know, it's funny what a few minor changes to colors and wordmarks can do for a logo!

Well, for me, it wasn't so much the color change, it was just that I one day saw the logo and realized that it's actually quite nice.

My favorite "deer" logo, though, is that of the Fairfield Stags... Has that "motion" effect going on that a lot of logos tend to use.

I was just about to start a Bucks rebrand after I finished my Suns set, but man, I like this a lot. Bringing back the lime green is a huge plus. I like the red outline, personally. I think the details/highlights could use a little work, maybe making them a bit more dynamic. Great start!

Thanks to everyone who commented. I have addressed certain things on the deer head, such as where the antlers connect to the head, the mouth, and the eye, as well as added some options for the color scheme. The wordamrk is Interceptor, but I added notches into the lettrforms to give it some motion. I started working on options for a secondary (in addition to a partial that would just be the head). Please let me know what you think, especially, where to go with the color scheme. The options include red, gold, orange, and no third color. C&C please.

bucks_start2.jpg

bucks_second.jpg

Nice looking update. I think orange looks nice as an accent color with green dominating the set. With red I think you would get too much of a 'Christmas' feel to it. So in my opinion, that particular shade of orange will work well.

I like this! Gold and green is my fav, of course that is my personal opinion, as stated, but it all looks good.

the only problem is those wouldnt work as a primary logo. they are too much script and not enough logo. It might be tough to incorporate that REALLY GOOD Buck head you have created into something more suitable... but I just have a feeling those primary options are too much script.

(tho, the script is really good too)

I was just about to start a Bucks rebrand after I finished my Suns set, but man, I like this a lot. Bringing back the lime green is a huge plus. I like the red outline, personally. I think the details/highlights could use a little work, maybe making them a bit more dynamic. Great start!

I still think you should do one! thicon_smile.gif

bucks_start2.jpg

Oh wow, I?ve got to say, the top left wordmark is my favorite!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Archived