You And Lord Stanley...

Ez Street

Ok i was curious to see how many of you have had pictures taken with the Stanley Cup. If you got them then post 'em.

Mine was from May of 2000 i believe. Yes that is a Toronto Argonauts jersey i'm wearing. I would have proudly wore my Avalanche Sakic #19, but i spilled on it a few days before.

cup.JPG

Man i look thrilled....i actually was though.

I have a picture of me drinking beer from the cup when i was 13 and the Cup was at a local bar the morning following the sweep of the red wings, however, all of those pictures have been misplaced... i will now go on a crusade and show them all to you... (P.S. i look nerdy in all of the pics, so i'm telling you all "shut up" in advance...)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

You do have a slight advantage over the rest of us, Chris. ;)

This is the only one I can find off-hand, I know there have to be more, since I've been to the Hall six times now. This one's from 2000.

teamcup.jpg

I'm in the back left, with the flattop.

This is the only other Hall picture I can find at the moment. Not with the Cup, but it seems fitting on this board. It's from 2002.

6.jpg

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I've seen the Cup twice...NHL All-Star FanFest in 1996 in Boston, and the 2000 AHL All-Star Game in Rochester, NY. I 'll have to check my pix for the AHL one...I have a pic of my roommate next to it, but I cant remember if he took one of me.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I've got a "bootleg" one of me and the cup (I didn't want to wait in the hour long line to stand with it, so I had my brother in law snap a shot of me next to a gap in the backdrop that had a clear line of sight to the cup). It's in a box somewhere and I don't have a scanner. Also, I have one of me with the Hart Trophy, but because it was in a glass case the picture is really me standing next to a gigantic flash of light. Both pix were taken at St. Louis Union Station during the 1996 NHL Draft.

this may not be true and the person who told me may not know what he is talking about, and I don't want to crush anybody's memories, but two days ago I heard that the NHL actually has two Stanley cups. I was shocked too, They still have the original but made a second one so they could do stuff like this, and take it around the country. I couldn't bring myself to believe him, it was one of those say it isn't so deals. Hopefully someone here can prove me wrong.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

this may not be true and the person who told me may not know what he is talking about, and I don't want to crush anybody's memories, but two days ago I heard that the NHL actually has two Stanley cups. I was shocked too, They still have the original but made a second one so they could do stuff like this, and take it around the country. I couldn't bring myself to believe him, it was one of those say it isn't so deals. Hopefully someone here can prove me wrong.

It's true, they have two cups, but they are both used officially... there is no designated "tour-only" cup.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Yup, there's two Cups currently in use (and the retired original in the vault, of course). The guy at the Hall watching the Cup and taking pictures explains that pretty well. If I'm remembering right, one of them is the "presentation Cup," the one that gets given on the ice, and the other one is quickly engraved after so that the players can spend their allotted time with the Cup. They then take the presentation Cup, spend some more time finalizing the list and correcting mistakes, and get that engraved.

POTD 2013-08-22

Actually, it's interesting, according to the Hall guys, neither is "fake" or "replica"--they're both The Stanley Cup.

POTD 2013-08-22

I have seen it a couple of times too, had a picture kinda like yale, it was like a 3 hour wait! My bro got a pretty good pic with it, pretty sneaky too..he should post it if he comes out of lurking mode...

callin me out josh? fine, fine...i didnt have to wait hours to see the cup, maybe cuz it was in fargo, nd..and i contemplated for a while whether i should do this or not...and the guys that were there watching over the cup told me i was "pushing it"...

...but i MUST

i_rule_bigtime.jpg

looks crappy, but the picture was gigantic before

qvAvG.jpg

Archived