Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback

BadSeed84

Wow. Never saw that MD can before. What era is that from? I can remember MD as far back as early '80s, and they certainly weren't using that can then.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Pardon my ignorance, but do Pepsi and Mountain Dew not use real sugar normally?

Almost no "big name" (mass produced) sodas in the US use real sugar anymore. It's all high-fructose corn syrup. Some smaller makers still use it though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_fructose_corn_syrup

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ive never seen the Mountain dew design either, but i did pick up one of those bottles. It actually tasted a lot better with the real sugar, noticeably better

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

The Throwbacks (which first appeared in April and now return in December) use a combination of cane and beat sugar as their definition of "real" or "natural" sugar. The new Dew Throwback actually changed formula a bit when compared to the original April version. (Aside from being a fan of sports logos, I run a beverage review website :) )

The Throwbacks (which first appeared in April and now return in December) use a combination of cane and beat sugar as their definition of "real" or "natural" sugar. The new Dew Throwback actually changed formula a bit when compared to the original April version. (Aside from being a fan of sports logos, I run a beverage review website :) )

Goddammit - there goes the rest of my night... and possibly all of tomorrow.

Awesome site.

I'm old enough for the the Mountain Dew throwback to look familiar. It was older bottles still in circulation when I was a youngin, but there are two things I distinctly recall.

The slogan was "It'll tickle you innards" and every bottle said "Filled by... (and listed names that I forget now). Seeing Mountain Dew's resemblance to bodily fluids we found that funny as little kids (who am I kidding, it's still funny now).

tried the "Heritage" Dr Pepper earlier this week. Wasn't too bad, but tasted like regular Dr Pepper, so no sense buying it "just because". But, IMO, Throwback Dew is better that what's currently on the market.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Wow. Never saw that MD can before. What era is that from? I can remember MD as far back as early '80s, and they certainly weren't using that can then.

I want to say late 60's or maybe early 70's. I remember them. It cracks me up how Dew's image has changed so much since it's debut.

BB52Big.jpg

You should check out one of the very first Mountain Dew commercials from the 1960s:

Is this the longer ad with the guy named Clem hiding the bottle under his hat?

And is Clem's last name Ideya?

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Archived