Angels Considering Return To 'california'

CubsFanBudMan

Look, gothamite... you didn't "offend" me. I'd have to have a personal stake in Anaheim in order to be truly offended, and I'm just a New Englander living in Southern California.

I'm just a creature of logic, and I believe that if you're going to go to the lengths that you did in attempting to prove your opinion that Anaheim is a "suburb" of Los Angeles, then you should be required to debate the point on the basis of facts... and to present supporting information that is factually based.

Stating that definitions of the word "suburb" support your arguments about Anaheim, when - in fact - even a cursory examination of the definitions proves no such thing, is going to get "called". As will an attempt to state, as fact, that "Anaheim was created as a community where people could live and work in L.A." Aside from not making logical or grammatical sense, the statement is historically wrong.

Anaheim as Self-Sufficient City vs. Anaheim as "Suburb" will just have to remain a case of "agreeing to disagree".

"Shake."

Brian in Boston

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a new idea. Why not change the team location to "The Orange County Angels." This way, an entire region would call 'em "The O. C. Angels."

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Part of the problem of calling them Orange County is that there is more than one Orange County in the US. But, Of course the one in Califormia is the most popular one so it's possible.

I saw, I came, I left.

Part of the problem of calling them Orange County is that there is more than one Orange County in the US.

Eight of them to be exact:

Orange County, California

Orange County, Florida

Orange County, Indiana

Orange County, New York

Orange County, North Carolina

Orange County, Texas

Orange County, Vermont

Orange County, Virginia

The funny part is Disneyland (CA) and Walt Disney World (FL) are both located in Orange County.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

who here first thought of California or Florida when you saw "Orange County Choppers"?

i did but the first time i watched that show it was snowing so i was like thats an awful lot of snow for california, two seconds later i figured it out.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Just wanted to take a second to state that the Anaheim "debate" between Gothamite and Brian in Boston was not only an excellent exercise in discussion and argument (the classical definition, not in the antagonistic sense) with some well-made and heartfelt points, but it was also a shining example of how to run a civilized discussion on this board: A well-argued back-and-forth dialogue, a little "edgy", backed by both data and opinions. Sort of like a sports logo "McLaughlin Group". It all ends with a understanding that there is and will be a disagreement, and a friendly shake.

No petulant, self-aggrandizing responses, no ego-driven childish insults. Many posters on this board who engage in such activities (who will go unnamed, but we know who they are) would be well-advised to emulate their style and lead.

In the past, I've always respected and admired the posts and opinions of those two (both here and on the "other" board), and now I respect them even more.

It is what it is.

Archived