The 2010-2011 club soccer kit thread

Saintsfan

Ugly?

The sponsor logo, or the shirts? I like the shirts - continuing Nike's surprisingly strong showing in football.

Any word on whether the sponsor contract will carry over to MLS, or is it a one-and-done?

No confirmation, but I imagine the PGE remodel will be "green", using SolarWorld materials. Seems like a bad idea for a company to sign a one and done the year before the team gets its bump.

here's the article: http://www.portlandtimbers.com/newsroom/headlines/index.html?article_id=1544

Actually, I think there is confirmation in that article.

The Portland Timbers and SolarWorld, the largest solar manufacturer in America, today announced a new landmark partnership, making SolarWorld the team's official jersey sponsor for the 2010 season

"I am delighted to partner with SolarWorld on the 2010 Timbers jersey rights," said Timbers president Merritt Paulson.

And there is a local connection to the company, so it would seem in line with the MLS mandate. Maybe they're waiting to potentially extend the deal for 2011 and beyond, although I can't see any reason for that beyond the excuse to issue another press release at some point.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sponsor's logo is pretty poor.

The shirts are nothing special; they're the template Man U used previously. (Hell, the Thunder had those shirts in navy last year.) In fact, didn't the Timbers have them last year, just with a different sponsor?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• 2 weeks later...

New Norwich City home kit released today:

0,,10355~8661617,00.jpg

0,,10355~8661934,00.jpg

Since the Aviva deal is only through 2010-11, and there's rumor of it changing to Lotus (which may include some club investment), the prevailing thought is that this is a one-year kit.

POTD 2013-08-22

New Norwich City home kit released today:

0,,10355~8661617,00.jpg

0,,10355~8661934,00.jpg

Since the Aviva deal is only through 2010-11, and there's rumor of it changing to Lotus (which may include some club investment), the prevailing thought is that this is a one-year kit.

Delia doesn't look very happy...wonder how she feels about the kit

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

NSC Minnesota unveils 2010 kits

Kit.png

Eh. I don't like the Adidas template on the blue home kits. I'd also rather see the white trim on those be yellow, and some dark trim on the yellows.

Also, when did Schwan's start using that logo? Not a fan at all. Very awkward.

POTD 2013-08-22

NSC Minnesota unveils 2010 kits

Kit.png

Eh. I don't like the Adidas template on the blue home kits. I'd also rather see the white trim on those be yellow, and some dark trim on the yellows.

Also, when did Schwan's start using that logo? Not a fan at all. Very awkward.

Mockba's analysis is right on all fronts. These are strange.

Will it say "soccer USA" on the backs of game jerseys or is that a placeholder for the player's name? And what's that yellow patch on the sleeve? Is that the new second division logo?

Saw this posted on uniwatchblog. If this is really arsenal's new home kit next year... GOOD GOD! sooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice!

arsenal+home.png

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pEzgSZ0fdeQ/S6FGvQhERVI/AAAAAAAACEQ/Up4aWSd-PGc/s1600-h/arsenal+home.png

I will soil myself if that's the new kit.

I think it's awesome that teams are doing this thing with the sponsor logo being smaller & put under the kit. It's one of the main reasons why I'm a fan of Man City's 3rd kit.

Nothing a few glasses of champagne won't fix...

I almost might change my opinion of the Glazers if one of them got out on the pitch at OT amd started doing that....ok maybe not :)

and just so I can keep this post somewhat on topic..if that is the new Arsenal kit it is quite nice

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Saw this posted on uniwatchblog. If this is really arsenal's new home kit next year... GOOD GOD! sooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice!

arsenal+home.png

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pEzgSZ0fdeQ/S6FGvQhERVI/AAAAAAAACEQ/Up4aWSd-PGc/s1600-h/arsenal+home.png

I will soil myself if that's the new kit.

I think it's awesome that teams are doing this thing with the sponsor logo being smaller & put under the kit. It's one of the main reasons why I'm a fan of Man City's 3rd kit.

That would be fantastic. At first I wondered, as the cannon is facing the different direction from the original, but then I wondered if that was to do with trademarking problems, and hence is actually a sign that this is the real thing.

I am a bit torn on the mini sponsors logo, on one hand its good that it is so small, and discreet, but then again I am not entirely comfortable with the proximity of it to the badge.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Hey, at least it's under the badge.

That's the cannon from the current crest. It's been facing the "wrong way" (to we old-timers) for about a decade. :P

Not surprising that Arsenal should use the modern cannon - there have never been any reports that they were doing a direct throwback (which would require the old cannon), it's always been an "inspired by".

That's the cannon from the current crest. It's been facing the "wrong way" (to we old-timers) for about a decade. :P

Not surprising that Arsenal should use the modern cannon - there have never been any reports that they were doing a direct throwback (which would require the old cannon), it's always been an "inspired by".

Yeah I wasn't trying to suggest anything different. I recognised it as being the modern cannon. It seems a bit odd that they have left off the shield, given that its not an exact copy of the old shirt. But hey!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Nothing a few glasses of champagne won't fix...

Any reason to shoehorn in that video is a good one.

Yeah I wasn't trying to suggest anything different. I recognised it as being the modern cannon. It seems a bit odd that they have left off the shield, given that its not an exact copy of the old shirt. But hey!!

I think they're going for an old-time feel, hence the solo cannon. Arsenal's been using it as an alternate logo on merchandise for a while now, anyway.

N_L_A3193.jpg

Archived