The 2010-2011 club soccer kit thread

Saintsfan

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ack. Those stupid Adidas shoulder panels annoy the hell out of me :(

You mean the interrupted stripes? I'd rather see that than stripes all the way down - anything which minimizes the branding is okay by me.

It's not the interruption, just the way the piping and the change from the sublimated pattern makes it look like they've put a crude patch over the stripes. Mind you, if I had my way Adidas would never put any stripes on sleeves ever again...

They looked even better knocking off Spurs. Too bad these will be used for Championship football and not the Premier League.

The ones for the FA Cup semi final were billed as a one off kit, so I would imagine the 2010-11 kit will be worn for the first time in the Cup Final. (If they get to wear there home kit.)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

4456407671_44c5b6a348_b.jpg

Nice collection. The St. Pauli kits fit the club perfectly and after going 4 points clear in the automatic promotion spot today, they might just be using them in the top tier...

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

The thing that slightly jars about the Chelsea kit somehow to me is that they have reintroduced the red as an accent color, but you still have the yellow on the badge. I'd have thought red accents replacing the yellow on the badge would have made it all sit together better.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The thing that slightly jars about the Chelsea kit somehow to me is that they have reintroduced the red as an accent color, but you still have the yellow on the badge. I'd have thought red accents replacing the yellow on the badge would have made it all sit together better.

I don't know that you really want to start monkeying around with the badge. I know they do it for the change kit, but your primary shirt?

Then again, the centenary shirt featured the crest in only blue and gold, and that looked pretty darn good:

extra_football_shirt_1012_1.jpg

I don't know that you really want to start monkeying around with the badge. I know they do it for the change kit, but your primary shirt?

European football clubs aren't quite as precious about there badges as US sports teams tend to be with their logos. Its really just the yellow/gold outline that needs switching to red, and I think the whole shirt would sit together better.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• 3 weeks later...

Birmingham City 10/11 Xtep Kit Vote Winner

birmingham-city-10-11-xtep-kit-vote-winner.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Archived